Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214522 times)

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #1155 on: February 02, 2013, 01:56:37 AM »
That's really cool. :metal

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1157 on: February 04, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »
https://www.wwe.com/classics/wwe-hall-of-fame/bruno-sammartino-announcement-26089325

About time he got over his childish grudge and let them induct him should have happened ages ago.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #1158 on: February 04, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »
I thought the CM Punk promo from a few weeks ago would've reinforce his grudge, at least he isn't as much a mark as Billy Graham.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1160 on: February 05, 2013, 09:40:00 PM »
"Knees 2 signs"

I Lol'd

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1161 on: February 11, 2013, 08:43:40 PM »
So, let me get this straight...neither world title will be defended in the Elimination Chamber this year? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1162 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
So, let me get this straight...neither world title will be defended in the Elimination Chamber this year? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
The WWE Title is...

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1163 on: February 11, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
No, I meant in the actual Chamber, not at the PPV.  That is so lame. 

Speaking of lame, this promo of The Rock's is so lame, I am browsing the 'net and are now barely paying attention to it while it's on in the background. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1164 on: February 11, 2013, 09:10:42 PM »
Ah! I see what you mean.

It's like having a PPV call Hell in a Cell and only having ONE match inside it... oh wait they did that too!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1165 on: February 12, 2013, 09:34:47 AM »
One thing about last night I enjoyed more than I should, "Dirty" Dutch Mantell on TV!!

Man, I used to loathe him when he was in the WWC!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1166 on: February 12, 2013, 09:51:35 AM »
With that stipulation added for Sunday, we can only hope that Punk/Rock ends in controversy to where they have to make the main event of WM a triple threat between Punk, Cena and Rock.  But given how dopey their writers are now, I am not counting on it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1167 on: February 12, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
This would be the perfect scenario for paying The Shield to attack Punk in the match and create the controversy. Explicitly show Heyman telling them to attack Punk and then use some dumb wrestling logic to vacate the title or something.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1168 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56:56 PM »
OK, seriously WWE! Why the fuck don't you have The Shield wrestle on Raw?! Everyone needs to see how good this guys are!

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1169 on: February 17, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »
No time for them to wrestle they need to have atleast 1 hour of John Cena, and 2 hours of showing what happened in the first hour.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1170 on: February 17, 2013, 08:23:16 PM »
Mark Henry wrecking shit was amazing and Roman Reigns spear is brutal.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1171 on: February 17, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »
Roman Reigns getting a "Game of Thrones" chant was pretty funny!

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1172 on: February 18, 2013, 12:43:46 AM »
Lackluster PPV. Tonight would have been the perfect opportunity to debut the new belt. CM Punk walked out of Raw with the spinner last week, Rock should have shown up with the new belt and said "You can keep that piece of spinner shit, I brought my own belt."

Then again, this is WWE. They'll probably wait for Rock to drop it to Cena and then he'll bring in the new one.

The Shield match was great.

Everything else was a yawnfest.
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #1173 on: February 18, 2013, 09:13:49 AM »
Everything else was a yawnfest.
The chamber was pretty good. I was marking hard fr Henry and the crowd did too.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1174 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »
What a debacle the Wrestlemania card is looking to be. 

Vince is proving once again that he doesn't give two shits about his titles having any credibility.  Jack Swagger wrestling in the world heavyweight championship match at the biggest card of the year? :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Cena/Rock again....yawn.  Unless they pull a swerve and put Punk in the match and make it a triple threat match, it will be lame.  And predictable.  Nothing like having a predictable main event to your biggest PPV of the year, eh?

The inevitable HHH/Lesnar rematch, which is merely for HHH to put himself over?  Yawn.

And where does that leave Punk, Ziggler, Sheamus, Bryan, Orton, etc.?  And don't give me Punk/Undertake as some sort of saving grace for Punk.  That is another yawner. 

I never buy WWE PPVs anyway, but if I did, I wouldn't even consider buying this unless things drastically change. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1175 on: February 18, 2013, 04:01:50 PM »
Swagger must give some great head. How does a guy go from losing all his matches and then disappearing to being in a wrestlemania main event?

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1176 on: February 18, 2013, 04:56:43 PM »
I'm elated that Swagger's in the World Title Match, but yeah, being off of tv for so long, then coming back to win it is a little shady. Then again, it's better than if Orton would have won that match. Swagger & Del Rio will be the best built feud of any WM Match despite its randomness. Having Dutch cut promos will be hot.

I'm almost certain Punk will be in the WWE Championship Match, making it a triple threat match. There was enough controversy to warrant that.

I think that Dolph/Y2J is a gimmie, and it will be a fantastic match.

But yes, overall, this is shaping up to be a very forgettable Mania.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1177 on: February 18, 2013, 09:12:48 PM »
Well, the good news is, considering how tonight went, it is almost certain to be triple threat at WM now.  Cena/Punk next week will likely end in a double pin or something that results in them both being in the main event vs. The Rock.  Plus, once WM is over, Cena and Punk can feud again.  Cena/Punk is like the modern day Sting/Flair: a feud that is always good to resurrect on a regular basis.

Also, the new title belt is too gaudy, but I guess it's an upgrade.  I still like the classic one from the late 80s the best. /nostalgia

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1178 on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
It doesn't spin, which instantly makes it glorious. But that flying eagle design man, an updated look of it would make such a great looking title!

Offline Weymolith

• THIS IS NOT HERE
  • Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1179 on: February 19, 2013, 05:28:41 AM »
Also, the new title belt is too gaudy, but I guess it's an upgrade.  I still like the classic one from the late 80s the best. /nostalgia

+1
As a general rule, never play with boxes that open portals to Hell.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1180 on: February 20, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »
LOL, Swagger got arrested Tuesday after the Smackdown tapings with drugs in his possession.

LOL

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1181 on: February 20, 2013, 09:00:18 PM »
WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly driving under the influence ... with pot in his car.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger -- real name Jacob Hager -- was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over for speeding.

According to law enforcement, the officer who pulled him over determined Swagger was driving under the influence -- and a search revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana.

We're told Swagger -- a former WWE World Heavyweight champ -- was taken in by local sheriff's deputies ... and later released on his own recognizance.

We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

"Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal."

Real American? More like a real dumbass why even do something like this during the biggest push of your career?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1182 on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »
What a dumbass. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

And this is what the WWE gets for giving the push of the century to a guy who hadn't earned it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1183 on: February 24, 2013, 07:43:34 AM »
So, 'Taker return last night at a house show and wrestled... there goes the triple threat match!

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #1184 on: February 24, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »
Not if he wrestles Brock Lesnar.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1185 on: February 24, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »
Ugh.  Word is that 'Taker looks fat and out of shape, too.  And some backstage reports indicate that Vince is bored with the Punk/Cena feud (yes, a feud that can always produce great matches is just awful :\ :\ :\), so I guess they are gonna go with just Cena/Rock and throw Punk to Undertaker to extend the streak. :tdwn :tdwn

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1186 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:04 AM »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1187 on: February 24, 2013, 08:53:33 AM »
Shit, he looks like Vader. :lol

His look has been going downhill for years now, but he's just looking really sad now. He needs to bust out one more good match, and retire before he becomes Hulk Hogan.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1188 on: February 24, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »
That is very disappointing,

The first time I watched wrestling was the same year of the Undertaker's debut and I instantly became fascinated with him and he became and has always been one of my favorites, but seeing that is very sad indeed.

20-0 would have been a perfect opportunity to retire as a legend, but oh well.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1189 on: February 24, 2013, 11:24:28 AM »
"Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal."

I thought they helped talent out if they had addiction problems (Scott Hall)? Or did Hall completely deplete their rehab and legal fees slush fund?

The first time I watched wrestling was the same year of the Undertaker's debut and I instantly became fascinated with him and he became and has always been one of my favorites, but seeing that is very sad indeed.

20-0 would have been a perfect opportunity to retire as a legend, but oh well.

Completely agree and feel the same way. When Undertaker hit the scene, he was so unlike anyone else I had ever seen in the ring. The size, the entrance music, Paul Bearer and the urn,  the whole package. I appreciate how he was able to evolve and stay relevant in an industry that is always changing. He obviously doesn't financially need to wrestle, and he doesn't appear to have a HHH-sized ego, so I am at a loss for why he can't go out 20-0 at Wrestlemania. Their last 2 matches would have been an amazing way for both of them to end their in-ring careers. 
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'