Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 213145 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #980 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53:34 AM »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #981 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »
I love that woman.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #982 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »
She's insanely hot!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #983 on: December 18, 2012, 04:26:48 PM »
You know the whole "WWE Week" USA has going? I'm very tempted to DVR Friday's showing of The Game Plan hosted by CM Punk, that's gonna be full of Punk making fun of Rock, obviously.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #984 on: December 18, 2012, 10:47:17 PM »
She's insanely hot!

Yeah, she's about the best looking Diva in the locker room IMO.  And crazy to boot.  What's not to love? :jets:

Seriously, give the WHT to Ziggler already!

I agree - he and Wade Barrett need belts, stat.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #985 on: December 19, 2012, 07:28:54 PM »
2013 will be Zigglers year

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #986 on: December 19, 2012, 07:36:29 PM »
It better be.  That's the only thing I can think of that would get me interested enough to start watching again.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #987 on: December 19, 2012, 08:01:02 PM »
If they book them right; Ziggler, Barrett, Rollins, Ambrose and Cesaro are gonna be big superstars for a long time! If there was a time where McMahon had the right people to build the WWE's future (read: post-Cena) is with those 5!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #988 on: December 19, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
If they book them right; Ziggler, Barrett, Rollins, Ambrose and Cesaro are gonna be big superstars for a long time! If there was a time where McMahon had the right people to build the WWE's future (read: post-Cena) is with those 5!

You're forgetting a lot of names, none above Damien Sandow, but those five definitely have potential.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #989 on: December 19, 2012, 08:08:11 PM »
Ah! Yes! I knew I was forgetting someone!

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #990 on: December 19, 2012, 08:09:30 PM »
Ah! Yes! I knew I was forgetting someone!

"You're welcome."

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #991 on: December 19, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
I was hoping someone didn't let that opportunity pass! :lol

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #992 on: December 20, 2012, 12:05:15 PM »
My only problem with Ambrose is that he fights like a girl. :jets:

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #993 on: December 20, 2012, 12:15:38 PM »
My only problem with Ambros is that he kind of tries way to hard to come off as weird and shit.
But like a girl? Gurrrllll you need to see his matches with William Regal those were manly as manly can be.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #994 on: December 20, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »
Yeah, he really goes for the weird a bit too much, but on the mic, he's a beast!

Offline DebraKadabra

• DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #995 on: December 20, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »
My only problem with Ambros is that he kind of tries way to hard to come off as weird and shit.
But like a girl? Gurrrllll you need to see his matches with William Regal those were manly as manly can be.

It was just something I noticed during Monday Night RAW this week. :jets:

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #996 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:02 AM »

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #998 on: December 28, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »
great story

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #999 on: January 07, 2013, 08:55:55 PM »
Well, I sure as shit hope you guys weren't watching the BCS and caught Punk's "Pipe Bomb 2.0".

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1000 on: January 08, 2013, 06:10:19 AM »
Well, I sure as shit hope you guys weren't watching the BCS and caught Punk's "Pipe Bomb 2.0".

The man is brillant on the mic....calls it like he sees it
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1001 on: January 08, 2013, 07:55:15 AM »
Yeah, last night he showed why I'm a CM Punk mark! That promo was amazing! And he and Rock really sold the match at Rumble with some great lines spat at each other.

Although it was funny seeing how CM Punk was "I don't need catchphrases or gimmicks" and Rock is spewing all of his catchphrases haha

EDIT: Also, something that made me rage about last night.

>Ziggler declares himself for the Royal Rumble
>He still has the MitB briefcase

Why why why does he still have it then?! Give him the WHT already damn it!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:27:24 AM by Dimitrius »

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1002 on: January 08, 2013, 08:56:35 AM »
Yeah, last night he showed why I'm a CM Punk mark! That promo was amazing! And he and Rock really sold the match at Rumble with some great lines spat at each other.

Although it was funny seeing how CM Punk was "I don't need catchphrases or gimmicks" and Rock is spewing all of his catchphrases haha

EDIT: Also, something that made me rage about last night.

>Ziggler declares himself for the Royal Rumble
>He still has the MitB briefcase

Why why why does he still have it then?! Give him the WHT already damn it!

He stated that he was entering the Royal Rumble or one reason to make sure Cena doesn't win it ....
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1003 on: January 08, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
So I finally looked up why wrestlers can't call themselves wrestlers anymore after constantly forgetting to when I'm at the computer. The result is pretty sad. I remember during one of John Cena's promos, he turned to the back, said "I'm sorry" and said he was proud to be a professional wrestler. I was a tad confused at that when I saw it. I wonder how much he was fined for that. It's pretty ridiculous how much Vince has changed the WWE. I know it's his baby (lol MP) but does he really think that people are going to stop using or forget the term "professional wrestler"?

Vince McMahon Rebrands WWE: We Can’t Say “Wrestling” Anymore
April 11, 2011
By DailySkew

WWE CEO Vince McMahon once again has written history, created retroactive continuity, expunged the past, and created a new reality: the World Wrestling Federation is no more; the WWE is officially now…just the “WWE”. This re-branding is similar to what Kentucky Fried Chicken did when they re-branded themselves KFC, or Apple Computers subtracting the “Computers” part, or IBM, but with Vince McMahon the motivates are much more personal and skewed.

Vince McMahon has been phasing out reference to the word “wrestling” for years now. Ever since he testified that pro wrestling was really a sports entertainment in the early 1990′s, the seed has been planted. When his company went public in October 1999 (ironically the time when I lost interest as a daily fan of the product) McMahon seemed hellbent on expanding the company outside of wrestling as the core product.

And that’s fine; it’s smart to diversify.

The issue is that Vince ironically is embarrassed to be associated with what he mockingly refers to ‘rasslin’. Vince is not an old school personality- he is a rebel and an innovator and constantly evolves his company, which is why it’s pretty much unrecognizable to casual fans today. Oh, only but for one little detail:

the ‘rasslin’ in the ring, which they want to see.

Vince McMahon could produce movies, license video games, create reality shows, sell toys, clothes, accessories, magazines, books, produce online multimedia shows, and even attempt to expand into other ventures as he did with the XFL and World Bodybulding Federation back in the day, but the bottom line is that the only reason fans tune into RAW, Smackdown, purchase PPVs, DVDs, and online matches is to see PRO WRESTLING.

He can hide from it all he wants.

Just be careful if you’re an employee; you will probably get fined, disciplined, or fired if you accidentally refer to yourself as a “wrestler”, “wrestling champion”, or if you hold a “wrestling belt”.

Since last decade, Vince has ordered his employees to refer to themselves as “WWE Superstars” and even worse, outside the ring on news talk shows, they must call themselves “performers”.

Again, this reality rewrite attempts to dissociate the WWE from steroids, concussions, scandals, blood, Congressional regulation, state athletic rules, and the fact that the “performers” are still being paid as independent contractors and have no company health insurance. Another minor side benefit is that Vince in effect would eventually control the search engine traffic by phasing out all of the other “wrestling” sites. Remember McMahon loves to control all aspects of reality- there is no such thing as pettiness or small details to him.

Defenders of Vince McMahon’s branding of the WWE say that it is being blown out of proportion and that the product is actually not changing. These people are probably young and starting watching wrestling during the Monday Night Wars in 1996, and have no sense of the old territory system or how dominate the NWA and AWA were in yesteryear, i.e. no sense of history or pride in pro wrestling or pro wrestlers.

For old school grumpy old fans such as myself, this is just the latest miscarriage of justice and fountain of misinformation from Vinnie Mac. By the way, only true fans know who I just quoted (without searching the phrases in Google or Yahoo).

Anyway, with Vince McMahon officially taking the “wrestling” out of the WWE, does that mean TNA is now the #1 wrestling company in the United States?

And I think CM Punk just became my favorite wrestler... I mean WWE superstar.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1004 on: January 08, 2013, 01:39:21 PM »
CM Punk is incredible. But I've never been LESS pumped for a road to wrestlemania. The Rock's going to win the belt, drop it at Mania and disappear again, and all of these "casual" fans will enjoy every second.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1005 on: January 08, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »
True, but I've been thinking... if they're idea is to have Cena/Rock 2 at 'Mania, there's the (very, very slight) possibility that Cena could interfere in Rock and Punk's match causing Rock to lose (like Rock did to Cena in WM27) and Punk to keep the belt.

And you can say, wouldn't that make Cena a heel? Well, he's gonna get booed anyway in New York and he's basically a heel to anyone over the age of 10 as it is.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1006 on: January 08, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »
True, but I've been thinking... if they're idea is to have Cena/Rock 2 at 'Mania, there's the (very, very slight) possibility that Cena could interfere in Rock and Punk's match causing Rock to lose (like Rock did to Cena in WM27) and Punk to keep the belt.

And you can say, wouldn't that make Cena a heel? Well, he's gonna get booed anyway in New York and he's basically a heel to anyone over the age of 10 as it is.

That would be a great scenario. I'm thinking that if they decide to do that, then they'd have Punk vs. Undertaker. Title (reign) vs. Streak.

I think Ryback winsthe Rumble and challenging whoever the World Champion is. (Hopefully in a match lasting longer than 18 seconds).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1007 on: January 08, 2013, 05:36:49 PM »
Punk vs. Undertaker for the belt would be pointless, since 'Taker only wrestles once or twice a year now, so it's not like he is gonna suddenly go back to working full time to defend the belt (no way will Punk be the one to end his streak; he doesn't need the rub). And having him be the one to end Punk's long streak, only to drop it a day or a week later, would also be pointless. 

Sadly, I think it is a given that Rock beats him for the belt at the Rumble and then faces Cena again at Wrestlemania.  Which means this is all but set up to put the belt on Cena again. :tdwn :tdwn

I'd love to see them keep the belt on Punk for a few more months at least.  It reminds me of several of Ric Flair's title reigns, where he always somehow manages to not lose the belt.  In essence, it is like Flairs's 6th NWA title reign, which saw him as a face for the first nine months, and then he became a heel and held on to the belt by crooked means for another five. 

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1008 on: January 08, 2013, 09:02:11 PM »
WHT changed hands on Smackdown's taping... to Kev's favorite wrestler Alberto Del Rio.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1009 on: January 08, 2013, 10:26:09 PM »
That title is gonna look amazing around Alberto's waist.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1010 on: January 08, 2013, 10:54:28 PM »
It'd look better on Zig

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1011 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:21 PM »
GUYS GUYS GUYS
LOOKS LIKE EL GENERICO JUST GOT A CONTRACT OFFER FROM THE WWE.

BASED HHH.

I'M SO HAPPY. I HOPE IT'S REALLY TRUE.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1012 on: January 08, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
I'm gonna be so scared if that's true! They'll probably ruin his whole character!

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #1013 on: January 08, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »
I'm gonna be so scared if that's true! They'll probably ruin his whole character!
Cesaro and Ohno are doing fine. Don't be so pessimistic dude.
Even if that happens, Generico deserves that WWE money.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #1014 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »
Cesaro is doing fine because he's so good in the ring! His gimmick is completely unoriginal and tired, though.