Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 214547 times)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29
« Reply #945 on: November 20, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
I think they thought that starting RAW before the football game started would get some people sucked into it right away and then they'd be less likely to flip over to football (as opposed to RAW starting after the game and having to flip over to RAW), but when you start RAW off with some crappy match between two boring slugs like Ryback and Tensai, people like me flip over to watch the rest of the football pre-game instead.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #946 on: November 20, 2012, 11:55:37 AM »
Well, we DVR Raw every Monday.  But trust me, I would've rather watched the MNF game.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #947 on: November 20, 2012, 02:26:39 PM »
They need to bring in some new bodies rather than just rehashing middle to low guys characters...Hopefully they have some sort of story line with the 3 NXT guys that attacked Ryback and the PPV

Their are plenty of established guys in ROH, but it seems everytime they do sign one of these guys they rot in FCW (Punk/Bryan being the exceptions)

Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #948 on: December 04, 2012, 11:02:09 AM »
LOL at how dumb Ric Flair is:

Ric Flair's latest marriage has officially hit the mat -- his fourth wife has filed for legal separation ... claiming the legendary pro wrestler was as big of a cheater in their marriage as he is in the ring.

Jacqueline Fliehr filed the docs in Mecklenberg County, North Carolina earlier this month citing "acts of illicit sexual behavior."

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, Jackie explains, "Husband has had numerous intimate relationships with other women during the parties' marriage, to the embarrassment and humiliation of wife."

Jacqueline also notes that she was a "faithful and dutiful wife" ever since they tied the knot in 2009.

But there's more ... Jackie claims Ric has totally screwed her out of tens of thousands of dollars in spousal support he agreed to pay when they hammered out a separation agreement back in October.

According to the docs, Flair agreed to pay Jacqueline $4k per month in spousal support ... plus a one-time payment of $15k to cover legal costs. He also agreed to pay $14k in back payments from the time they split in July.

But Jacqueline claims Nature Boy totally blew off the agreement -- and hasn't paid her one single cent.

Now she wants a judge to force Ric to pay up ... which shouldn't be too hard, considering she claims he still makes more than $1 MILLION per year. Not bad for a 63-year-old pro wrestler.

We reached out to Flair's people -- so far, no response.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #949 on: December 06, 2012, 06:10:35 AM »
What pisses me off the most about that is that it's completely wrong!

The Miz has been a heel his whole career and does a ton of PR shit and even has gone to a few be a STAR or whatever they call it rallies. But yeah, Cena going heel will never happen.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #950 on: December 06, 2012, 08:41:53 AM »
Completely different circumstances:

Hogan had been in WCW for two years, and while cheered quite a bit, he was never really fully accepted by WCW crowds, so turning him heel was easy to do, even if it was something none of us saw coming. 

Cena still makes too much money for the WWE in merchandise, plus all of the good pub they get for all of the "Make a Wish" stuff he does, so it just isn't realistic to turn him heel right now, especially since they don't have someone waiting in the wings to be a top face who can move merchandise like he can.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #951 on: December 06, 2012, 10:16:37 AM »
Cena would sell more merchandise as a heel than he does now so thats not really an issue. I think the real issue is who would Cena even feud with as a heel? Sheamus? I don't know maybe. Randy Orton? Nope he's turning heel atm. CM Punk? Just turned heel so unlikely to turn back so soon. Chris Jericho? Could be a possibility when he returns. No one else is a big enough star to even be considered.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #952 on: December 06, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »
Cena would sell more merchandise as a heel than he does now so thats not really an issue.

How could you possibly know this?

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #953 on: December 06, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »
I just noticed something about Cena's booking this year:

Remeber Zack Ryder during the last months of 2011 and first months of 2012?
CM Punk was over as fuck as a face right? What did he do? A shoot promo, A feud with John Laurinaitis, Anti hero kind of gimmick and so on an on.

So Vince, in his attempt to get Cena cheered, does all of this:
Puts Cena with Ryder. Buries Ryder kills his momentum, and Cena still gets booed.
Makes video packeges of Cena with Make A Wish Kids that scream: LOOK YOU CAN'T BOO HIM HE IS A GOOD PERSON!! He get's booed harder than anything at WM
Then they end the Punk/Lurinaitis Feud out of nowhere and suddenly Cena enters in a feud with JL. He still gets booed.
Oh what? Punk gets more cheers than Cena? Let's put his title matches on the mid card and let Cena main event every PPV. Still doesn't work.
Well Punk gets more cheers huh? Let's turn him heel, and put him against the GOOD guy cena.
Cena does a shoot promo on Punk, still gets booed.
Then Cena is the face of the WWE/Cancer month. If you hate Cena, you love cancer. And everyone even Divas stop using Pink so Super Cena can be the face of that month. Still. Boo.
So know they are puting him with AJ wich worked with Punk. And now I'm just waiting for the inevitable Ziggle burying during TLC.

So yeah. Fuck Cena.

Also Hi guys.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #954 on: December 06, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »
They put that storyline in the backburner since pics surfaced of him with one of the Bellas on a, apparent, date.

I would've like for that whole "evidence" angle (which in itself was just retarded how Vickie was "ha there you are in a elevator with her, you clearly fucked!" Also, Cena goes out on dates in his ring gear LOL) to end with the person that AJ got in the room with being Ziggler. Would've made his whole "you're a whore" speech better and not seem completely out of nowhere.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #955 on: December 06, 2012, 09:07:35 PM »
Apparently, Undertaker reached out to WWE and told them he wants to work WM29 and pitched them an opponent.... CM Punk. #respect
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #956 on: December 06, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
Apparently, Undertaker reached out to WWE and told them he wants to work WM29 and pitched them an opponent.... CM Punk. #respect

God damn it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #957 on: December 06, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »
#382Days

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #958 on: December 06, 2012, 09:24:04 PM »
Hashtags are for twitter.

Hope Punk doesn't drop the title to team part time at the Rumble OR Wrestlemania....

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #959 on: December 06, 2012, 09:29:19 PM »
He's not even part time.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #960 on: December 06, 2012, 09:33:51 PM »
#dontcareYOLO

Nah, he won't drop it at WM. At the Rumble, yes, unfortunately.

He's not even part time.
He's got like the greatest gig in the business! He gets paid a year's worth of work for 3-4 months!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #961 on: December 06, 2012, 09:34:46 PM »
Which is mostly promos...

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #962 on: December 06, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »
So still, the greatest gig in the business.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #963 on: December 06, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »
I would've like for that whole "evidence" angle (which in itself was just retarded how Vickie was "ha there you are in a elevator with her, you clearly fucked!" Also, Cena goes out on dates in his ring gear LOL) to end with the person that AJ got in the room with being Ziggler. Would've made his whole "you're a whore" speech better and not seem completely out of nowhere.

Ziggler was my first thought on that debacle, but I'm kind of glad Vince put the kibosh on it - Vickie's character is BEYOND annoying.

That could be worth seeing.  If Punk/Taker DOES happen, I hope the lead-up to it isn't as lame as the lead-up to the HHH/Taker rematch was.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #964 on: December 07, 2012, 07:17:37 AM »

Hogan had been in WCW for two years, and while cheered quite a bit, he was never really fully accepted by WCW crowds, so turning him heel was easy to do, even if it was something none of us saw coming. 

Cena still makes too much money for the WWE in merchandise, plus all of the good pub they get for all of the "Make a Wish" stuff he does, so it just isn't realistic to turn him heel right now, especially since they don't have someone waiting in the wings to be a top face who can move merchandise like he can.

I didn't say it was gonna be this Monday... but it's always a possibility.

I mean seriously, shit happens...

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #965 on: December 07, 2012, 08:32:02 AM »

I didn't say it was gonna be this Monday... but it's always a possibility.

I mean seriously, shit happens...

The best part about that episode was this.  https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7edzm_wwe-raw-eric-bischoff-debut-new-gen_shortfilms&start=122

Remember, Vince had already announced that there would be a new Raw GM announced, and this is the segment that preceded his coming out.  I hadn't been paying too close attention to the behind-the-scenes, so this was about as close to a jaw-dropping moment as you can get for the WWE.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #966 on: December 10, 2012, 05:46:01 PM »
Why was it so offensive to Cena when CM Punk said he became the New York Yankees?

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #967 on: December 10, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
Cena is from Boston thats why.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #968 on: December 10, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »
Ah I see. I thought maybe there was more to it than that.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #969 on: December 10, 2012, 07:28:34 PM »
I'm really not a Sheamus fan, but for the past few months he's been having some really good matches with Ziggler, Barrett, Antonio Cesaro (loooove Claudio Castagnoli!) and Big Show (of all people).
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:09:54 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #970 on: December 11, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »
I pray to the wrestling God's they dont let Cena beat Ziggler at the PPV....Ziggler has done nothing short of becoming their most improved/consistent wrestler the past year. He really deserves a run with the title
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #971 on: December 11, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
If they make Cena win it will be yet another example of WWE burying guys instead of making them into main eventers, and then WWE worries that they don't have young guys for main events!

Ziggler is amazing! For the past year and half, he's been their best young talent (Barrett would've been here if not for the elbow injury) and he's easily the best seller in the company!

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #972 on: December 11, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
Cesaro is the best thing on RAW his matches are always amazing. He just needs some gimmick tweaks and he will be ready brother.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #973 on: December 11, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »
God yes! He's been having the best matches on Raw for the past month and a half!

Also:

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #974 on: December 16, 2012, 08:52:53 PM »
TLC did not disappoint.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #975 on: December 17, 2012, 07:00:37 AM »
Last night was amazing.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #976 on: December 17, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
I didn't watch it last night, watching it now and I got to say that it sure is a weird way to turn Del Rio face by him going after the shittyness that is 3MB.

Punk's "Knees 2 Faces" t-shirt = WIN!

The Shield vs. Team Hell No/Ryback... I marked out so much! For a match that was put together fast because Punk got injured, this was such an amazing match! They should all gone to the back and said "Follow this!"

And in true WWE fashion how they follow that amazing match? A divas match.  :facepalm:

Seriously, give the WHT to Ziggler already!

Great PPV!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:13:19 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #977 on: December 18, 2012, 07:12:21 AM »
Last night on Raw when Ric Flair said he couldn't tell us where he's going to be later that night 'cause he'd get in trouble, he was talking about TNA right?

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #978 on: December 18, 2012, 07:15:52 AM »
No he signed with WWE awhile ago he hasn't been with TNA for ages now.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #979 on: December 18, 2012, 07:46:27 AM »
Oh ok, I haven't really been following. I just know he was feuding with Sting on TNA at one point not to long ago.

I guess he was just going to get drunk and bang hookers then.