Author Topic: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 29  (Read 213131 times)

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
Re: Wrestling - Road to Wrestlemania 28
« Reply #595 on: April 02, 2012, 02:52:50 PM »
Fuck this company for what they did to Bryan.

Seriously it was beyond retarded.
The crowd was fucking PUMPED for that match. Bryan got a bigger face reaction as a HEEL than Sheamus. You could hear the chants and see the signs.

Then it was over.

This shit killed the crowd in a way, they chanted for Bryan's name during the next hour and didn't giver a fuck about the matches.
It killed the mood of the event because it was the FUCKING OPENING MATCH.
It killed Bryan momentum.
It made Sheamus world title win just meaningless. You guys remeber that Sheamus is now a 3times world champion? Me neither.
This is not going to elevate anyone. This is going to go into another meaningless feud and another stupid storyline(Like Christian's last year) wich is fucking retarded, Because they are using FUCKING Wrestlemania to advance an "storyline" IT'S FUCKING WRESTLEMANIA. SHIT IS SUPPOSED TO END AT WRESTLEMANIA. IT IS THE BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR.

This shit made Bryan look like shit.
Made Sheamus look like shit.
Made The Royal Rumble look like shit and meant nothing.
Made the Elimination Chamber matches look like shit and meant nothing.
Made the World Heavyweight Championship look like shit.
Made the Smackdown brand a joke... and look like shit.

If they wanted to stablish both of them as main eventers, and re-stablish the WHC as an actual WORLD TITLE.  They should have let them do their thing in the ring, if they made a great match then the tittle win would look important.
But they fucked it up,  thhey gave Sheamus and Bryan 18seconds, while Orton vs Kane, Big Show vs Cody and the retarded Divas match got a fucking hour between those 3.

The the HIAC was good, but it was to long. it had some good moments but that was it.
The tag match was fun.
Jericho vs Punk was good but not Wrestlemania tier.

And the Cena vs Rock match as much as it was fun it just didnt deliver.
They did not bring the house down.

I can't believe I paid for this, and from now on I'd never trust this company ever again. And I'm gonna stream everything until they do something good for once.

I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #596 on: April 02, 2012, 03:08:22 PM »
Yeah, the real pisser is that Bryan is someone who can actually get down on the mat and wrestle really well (like Punk and Jericho), but they put him in a match with a neanderthal like Sheamus, and then have him squashed in less than 20 seconds.  It is basically a middle finger to the fans, but the paying fans will still bend over and take it from Vince.  Every single time.  Happily, finding a site online last night to watch it for free was easy.  And I didn't feel the least bit bad about it. :biggrin:

But they have devalued all of their titles so much over the years, that I wouldn't sweat the WHC losing prestige.  That is basically the 2010s version of the Intercontinental title anyway (see: 2nd biggest singles title).

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #597 on: April 02, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »
Yeah, the real pisser is that Bryan is someone who can actually get down on the mat and wrestle really well (like Punk and Jericho), but they put him in a match with a neanderthal like Sheamus, and then have him squashed in less than 20 seconds.  It is basically a middle finger to the fans, but the paying fans will still bend over and take it from Vince.  Every single time.  Happily, finding a site online last night to watch it for free was easy.  And I didn't feel the least bit bad about it. :biggrin:

But they have devalued all of their titles so much over the years, that I wouldn't sweat the WHC losing prestige.  That is basically the 2010s version of the Intercontinental title anyway (see: 2nd biggest singles title).

Agreed.  So glad I didn't shell out $65 for this.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #598 on: April 02, 2012, 04:02:53 PM »
I completely agree about everything you said about Sheamus/Bryan and it's sickening to read reports today that that was the plan all along!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #599 on: April 02, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
Here's the problem with the Sheamus/Bryan match.

What had been booked all along was not how the fans were reacting.

Let's face it: Bryan was being booked as Honky Tonk Man 2012. The chickenshit, cocky as hell heel who, when faced with a challenger, does whatever it takes, when wrestling doesn't work, to escape with his title. Sheamus beating that guy in 18 seconds was the perfect comeuppance.

Unfortunately, people LIKED Bryan's dickhead, cocky heel act. And as usual, when given a choice between making the crowd happy (and rest assured, they'd have been happy enough with Bryan lost a 15-20 minute long match, for the most part) and Doing What Vince Booked...they did what Vince Booked. And right pissed everyone off. This won't kill Bryan, because he's finally figured out how to be GOOD as a WWE worker as he was on the indies, but it's silly that they did it this way.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #600 on: April 02, 2012, 07:45:53 PM »
Are they seriously gonna try and pass off A-Train with this lord Tensai gimmick.  :lol

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #601 on: April 02, 2012, 07:59:46 PM »
Instantly recognized Prince Albert. Must've had some serious electrolysis.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #602 on: April 02, 2012, 08:36:38 PM »
Fucking LOL

You see WWE?
You see what happens when you make shit booking like this one?
It backfired, so HARD.

Bryan is getting chants everywhere.
Sheamus got booed in and out of the building.(Lame atempt to mute the crowd with louder music, WWE)

They never listen to the fans but goddamn it feels so good to see so many people backing Daniel Bryan.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #603 on: April 02, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »
Oh my god!!! Brock F5-ing Cena might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline toro

• wazzup
« Reply #604 on: April 02, 2012, 09:13:20 PM »
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #605 on: April 02, 2012, 09:23:34 PM »
Oh, f'n yeah!

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #606 on: April 02, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
That was a very cool return for Brock!!! Yes, Yes, Yes

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #607 on: April 02, 2012, 09:31:49 PM »
Best RAW in a few years YES! YES! YES!

During the dark main event, the crowd is chanting at everything Daniel Bryan does. The match is all about him despite being a 6man tag. EVERY DBryan offensive kick/punch/anything else crowd chants YES!, EVERY hit against him crowd chants NO!, "Daniel Bryan" at rest spots. Daniel Bryan is smiling, almost like he doesn't even get it himself. Crowd was so upset he tagged out that he got tagged back in. Crowd chanting YES/NO even for Kane/Orton.

Sheamus gets the pin on Daniel Bryan and the boo was almost as loud as for Cena.

How long till WWE realizes they fucked up?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:41:23 PM by Syzzle »

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #608 on: April 02, 2012, 09:44:24 PM »
I'm guessing they're thinking "meh, it's just one place". I sure hope this happens on every city they go to now!!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #609 on: April 02, 2012, 09:47:00 PM »
The crowd tonight was really fucking annoying during Cena's promo at the end.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #610 on: April 02, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
*Tazzvoice* Welp, here comes the pain.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #611 on: April 02, 2012, 09:58:40 PM »

lolwut? More crowds should be loud like that. Them yelling "YES!" that much was their way of telling Vince and company that booking Bryan to get squashed by Sheamus like that was lame as hell.

And I didn't watch wrestling when Brock Lesnar was around, so his return did nada for me.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #612 on: April 02, 2012, 10:01:37 PM »

lolwut? More crowds should be loud like that. Them yelling "YES!" that much was their way of telling Vince and company that booking Bryan to get squashed by Sheamus like that was lame as hell.
Amen.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #613 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08:52 PM »
Yeah, this wasn't like crowds randomly yelling "WHAT!" at the wrong time; this was a crowd making a statement about a terrible booking decision at the biggest PPV of the year. Should be interesting to see if the "YES!" chant catches on everywhere and if they are forced to turn Bryan back to being a face as a result.

Offline Big Crouton

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #614 on: April 02, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »
Only when they spoiled Brock's return.  The crowd was the best part of the show, but I do wish they hadn't started cheering for Lesnar before he showed up.  Kind of spoiled the surprise.  That said, seeing Lesnar come back was the first time since I was a kid that I was actually excited by what was happening in wrestling.
I'm not sure how literal 'God created man in his own image' is, but it would be pretty crappy if there was a god but he died a while ago of appendicitus.

www.mercuryrecordings.ca

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #615 on: April 03, 2012, 08:18:04 AM »
I've never liked crowds that try to make themselves the center of the show, and that crowd was doing that in spades. Personally I hope the YES thing doesn't catch on, that'll get annoying ten times faster than the WHAT thing did.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #616 on: April 04, 2012, 12:24:41 PM »
Oh my god!!! Brock F5-ing Cena might be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!!!!

I would love for this to be a weekly thing. I just want Brock to wail on him every Monday night.

Offline John94

« Reply #617 on: April 04, 2012, 12:44:48 PM »
I wanna see him F5 Dolph Ziggler just to see how many times Ziggler will spin and how he would sell it.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #618 on: April 04, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
Apparently, the "YES!" chant was heard at last night's Heat game. :lol

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #619 on: April 04, 2012, 02:01:40 PM »
I wanna see him F5 Dolph Ziggler just to see how many times Ziggler will spin and how he would sell it.

:lol  I hadn't even thought of this, but now I want to see it happen.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Ħ

« Reply #620 on: April 04, 2012, 10:47:20 PM »
I notice that Taker hasn't pulled off either 1) the suicide dive over the top ropes or 2) Old School in a few years. Makes me sad to see he's getting old. :(
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #621 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »

:lol  I hadn't even thought of this, but now I want to see it happen.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #622 on: April 04, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »
I notice that Taker hasn't pulled off either 1) the suicide dive over the top ropes or 2) Old School in a few years. Makes me sad to see he's getting old. :(

I'm almost positive he did Old School during the match Sunday night.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #623 on: April 04, 2012, 10:57:43 PM »

I'm almost positive he did Old School during the match Sunday night.

He did  :)

Offline Ħ

« Reply #624 on: April 04, 2012, 10:58:43 PM »
Oh, phew, okay. But I'm positive he didn't do the suicide dive (the cell didn't even break, so...). Can't remember if he did it last year.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #625 on: April 04, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
Oh, phew, okay. But I'm positive he didn't do the suicide dive (the cell didn't even break, so...). Can't remember if he did it last year.

Yeah, he didn't do it this time. He did it last year, and about killed himself.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #626 on: April 04, 2012, 11:00:32 PM »
I know he really messed up the dive against HBK....can't remember any messups with HHH.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #627 on: April 04, 2012, 11:02:18 PM »
Yeah, the "camera man" was supposed to catch him, and he wasn't even in the right position.

I think the best match at Wrestlemania last Sunday was Punk vs Jericho.

Plus, I love them both.

Offline John94

« Reply #628 on: April 05, 2012, 03:36:56 AM »
Taker didn't have enough room to pull off the suicide dive on Sunday without crashing into the cell.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #629 on: April 05, 2012, 07:47:22 AM »
Taker didn't have enough room to pull off the suicide dive on Sunday without killing himself by crashing into the cell.
Fix'd