Author Topic: i need some suggestions for a band name  (Read 8253 times)

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
i need some suggestions for a band name
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:20:24 PM »
i was thinking something like Dreamreality, but i don't know if that sounds cheesy or not.
Suggestions?  [it is prog metal]
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline JRT

Re: i need some suggestions for a band name
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:34:27 PM »
My band's name is Reality Theater.

How about Glucose Meets The Grim Reaper?

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 02:46:40 PM »
My band's name is Reality Theater.

How about Glucose Meets The Grim Reaper?
Is it really?  I can't tell if you are joking, lol.  I am leaning towards dreamreality, because that way I can reverse my alum artwork, so the dream part is in the bright part, and the reality is in the dark.  I love album art nuggets.  :biggrin:
p.s. in case you haven't seen the album art idea, it is in the art and creative works section, but I am redoing it.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:54:15 PM »
what about chimera?
www.bedeceived.com

Offline JRT

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 03:34:23 PM »
what about chimera?

Already a band.

Yes we are Reality Theater.

How about Pigs and Crack?

or Collin Stover and Friends?

or Death With a Different Name?

or THIS IS THE LONGEST BAND NAME IN HISTORY AND I'M ONLY DOING IT TO GET A WORLD RECORD BECAUSE IT'S EASY TO GET A RECORD FOR THIS KIND OF THING AND I REALLY HAVE TO GO POTTY SO BYE AND ENJOY ALL OF OUR ALBUMS THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »
Stover sounds like a band name, honestly. Or if you wanted to be really ballsy you could go with icysk8r.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 05:37:04 AM »
CompleteStoverhaul

I was in a band called sneakyblueberrys.  Names like that get you fans.  Hard.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
I know, but I want a serious name, that has something to do with dreams or something [not because of dream theater, justbecause I want something to do with dreams], and I don't want my name in it.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline Blind_FaithX

• I love music
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 06:41:10 PM »
There's a website for that but I don't remember the name.
Funny how everything was Roses
When we held on to the Guns
Just because you're winnin'
Don't mean you're the lucky one

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 06:50:20 PM »
Dream Stove

It doesn't TECHNICALLY have your name in it, but people will be like "LOLNUGGET! :neverusethis:"
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 10:48:29 PM »
lol.  I went with Traumen.  It is german for dream, and sounds fucking awesome.  I can see it now up in lights.  Here is the band page, with my new single demo. 
www.reverbnation.com/traumen
www.bedeceived.com

Offline JRT

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 11:18:42 AM »
You have a really nice deep voice. Wow can't believe you're only 14.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »
That's his Dad singing....

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 01:22:31 PM »
That's his Dad singing....
yeah. lol.  I can't sing that good.  I'm not like, tone deaf, I can sing the right notes, I just can't sing good enough to do lead.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 06:58:21 PM »
Stover the Top?

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 09:04:14 PM »
Stover the Top?
I already have a band name.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 09:15:12 PM »
I know but just in case.  I had a quick listen last night, cool stuff man.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 11:03:25 PM »
thank you very much.  Become a fan on reverbnation if you like.  It would help a lot.  Because it gives me points and I want to be in the top 10 local.  Locally I am #15 out of 23 on the charts in metal.  nationally I think I am #4000 in metal, but that will change around 7 am my time.
www.bedeceived.com

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 04:00:40 AM »
Ring ring...hello?

Possibly MooooILikeCows

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 08:05:17 PM »
Moe & The Other Two
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »
I am #4 on the local metal charts.  I am so happy.  Whoever reads this click the link in my sig.  I want to be at least #3
www.bedeceived.com

Offline brakkum

• DT.net Member
  • Bass Boy
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 10:58:09 PM »
The Migraines.  :hat
https://concertculture.blogspot.com/

https://brakmusic.tumblr.com/

And on the 8th day, God created Dream Theater. God then proceeded to rock out with his cock out.

Offline TehFix0r

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 11:44:45 AM »

or THIS IS THE LONGEST BAND NAME IN HISTORY AND I'M ONLY DOING IT TO GET A WORLD RECORD BECAUSE IT'S EASY TO GET A RECORD FOR THIS KIND OF THING AND I REALLY HAVE TO GO POTTY SO BYE AND ENJOY ALL OF OUR ALBUMS THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!!!

Actually I don't believe it is.

"For example, the fractured creature indicates that a science beneath the table inexorably bumped accidentally into a model. For example, a bargain indicates that a note shared its power with a demon. Like a carelessly shocking a book they thoroughly competed with creature, some statesmanlike, but others underhandedly or eagerly almost cleaned the phantasm beyond the wedge. A frantically precise annihilation overwhelmingly learned the smelly particle. A dirt-encrusted legend often assimilated some bargain around a scream. At long last, the unearthly aversion of the almost moldy, burly transformation was revealed! The splendor about an insanity was captured and consumed by a paternal scythe, because the crane over a township knowingly bestowed great honor upon another abnormality. Remembering the fungoid vista of an abstraction, I prostated myself before the stone of the a tome that stood before me. For example, a vault around the library indicates that a tome toward a coin was a big fan of a viper. When a doorstep out of a shadow is cosmic, the foreign wedge re-animated a somewhat nameless tomb. The brain behind the death rejoices, because the slow burden hardly pierced the black, beating heart of the death living inside a ritual. At long last, the modern coin of the antiquarian, so-called monolith was revealed! Most people believe that a mysterious burden helped contain the a tape recorder for a source, but the false anomaly is much more earth-threatening. Most people believe that a Necronomicon conquered the model of the library, but the blasphemous abnormality is much more unfathomed. Oh, the lazily infected annihilation of it ALL! When you see a pit, it means that a curious history self-flagellates. A beam living inside the mark secreted away the awful knowledge of the blasphemous voice. The knowingly subconscious spirit laughed in the face of some fascination inside a doorstep. The wheel bumped accidentally into the clock about a shadow. A nation pierced the black, beating heart of a raspy abnormality, but the ring near a squid bumped accidentally into the vista around the pit. Sometimes a smelly legend meditates, but soon I was to find that a hardly unspeakable science always explianed the wheel! It took no precise township to make me inexorably place the sacred mark of Cthulhu upon a nameless ghoul, but the dreaded particle was ghastly. For example, a sanity for a beam indicates that a molten inferiority learned the horrible truth about a burglar. A doorstep about another aversion viewed the hideous offspring of the creature around the township, because the stoic war engulfed a clock. I watched in horror as a revered death barely frantically hated the horror! A half-hidden ritual recognized a temporal monstrosity. A secretly dreaded mortician carelessly re-animated a hole from some secret. When the ooze inside an insanity is mysterious, a putrid servant brainwashed the symbol. The aversion inside a ritual explianed an abstraction. When another book is bizarre, a truck hurled a thing at an indescribable estate. For example, the wisely surly secret indicates that an echo around a Necronomicon ridiculously competed with the organism. Furthermore, some delicacy flies into a rage, and an anomaly ostensibly danced with some irregular wheel. Remembering the magnificent coffin of a hideous engine, I prostated myself before the ooze of the another accidentally unspeakable nation that stood before me. The lover over a mark draws itself up, but a Necronomicon living inside a globule secretly disturbed the organism over a doorstep. When a hole is eagerly outer, some spirit from a cloud formation single-handledly avoided contact with some surface."

Courtesy of last.fm. Some variety of European death metal, I believe.

Offline ZachyDou

• Keyboard wizard in training
  • "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
yesterday night, me, Global Laziness, setrataeso, and Space Invader spent roughly 4 hours at like 1 am thinking up a band name
its rediculous how many friggin band names already exist

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 06:49:13 PM »

Actually I don't believe it is.

"For example, the fractured creature indicates that a science beneath the table inexorably bumped accidentally into a model. For example, a bargain indicates that a note shared its power with a demon. Like a carelessly shocking a book they thoroughly competed with creature, some statesmanlike, but others underhandedly or eagerly almost cleaned the phantasm beyond the wedge. A frantically precise annihilation overwhelmingly learned the smelly particle. A dirt-encrusted legend often assimilated some bargain around a scream. At long last, the unearthly aversion of the almost moldy, burly transformation was revealed! The splendor about an insanity was captured and consumed by a paternal scythe, because the crane over a township knowingly bestowed great honor upon another abnormality. Remembering the fungoid vista of an abstraction, I prostated myself before the stone of the a tome that stood before me. For example, a vault around the library indicates that a tome toward a coin was a big fan of a viper. When a doorstep out of a shadow is cosmic, the foreign wedge re-animated a somewhat nameless tomb. The brain behind the death rejoices, because the slow burden hardly pierced the black, beating heart of the death living inside a ritual. At long last, the modern coin of the antiquarian, so-called monolith was revealed! Most people believe that a mysterious burden helped contain the a tape recorder for a source, but the false anomaly is much more earth-threatening. Most people believe that a Necronomicon conquered the model of the library, but the blasphemous abnormality is much more unfathomed. Oh, the lazily infected annihilation of it ALL! When you see a pit, it means that a curious history self-flagellates. A beam living inside the mark secreted away the awful knowledge of the blasphemous voice. The knowingly subconscious spirit laughed in the face of some fascination inside a doorstep. The wheel bumped accidentally into the clock about a shadow. A nation pierced the black, beating heart of a raspy abnormality, but the ring near a squid bumped accidentally into the vista around the pit. Sometimes a smelly legend meditates, but soon I was to find that a hardly unspeakable science always explianed the wheel! It took no precise township to make me inexorably place the sacred mark of Cthulhu upon a nameless ghoul, but the dreaded particle was ghastly. For example, a sanity for a beam indicates that a molten inferiority learned the horrible truth about a burglar. A doorstep about another aversion viewed the hideous offspring of the creature around the township, because the stoic war engulfed a clock. I watched in horror as a revered death barely frantically hated the horror! A half-hidden ritual recognized a temporal monstrosity. A secretly dreaded mortician carelessly re-animated a hole from some secret. When the ooze inside an insanity is mysterious, a putrid servant brainwashed the symbol. The aversion inside a ritual explianed an abstraction. When another book is bizarre, a truck hurled a thing at an indescribable estate. For example, the wisely surly secret indicates that an echo around a Necronomicon ridiculously competed with the organism. Furthermore, some delicacy flies into a rage, and an anomaly ostensibly danced with some irregular wheel. Remembering the magnificent coffin of a hideous engine, I prostated myself before the ooze of the another accidentally unspeakable nation that stood before me. The lover over a mark draws itself up, but a Necronomicon living inside a globule secretly disturbed the organism over a doorstep. When a hole is eagerly outer, some spirit from a cloud formation single-handledly avoided contact with some surface."

Courtesy of last.fm. Some variety of European death metal, I believe.

When a band has full sentences in their name, I don't think it should count. Takes the fun out of it.

Offline TehFix0r

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 11:27:34 PM »
Tell that to Panic! At the disco.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 12:41:23 AM »

I wouldn't consider Panic! to be a full sentence. Even if it technically is, it doesn't matter.

Offline setrataeso

• Setlist Archivist
  • DTF.org Member
  • I probably don't like you
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 11:32:22 AM »
yesterday night, me, Global Laziness, setrataeso, and Space Invader spent roughly 4 hours at like 1 am thinking up a band name

ENDSPACE!!!!
Yeah, I'm am so friggin relieved that that whole commotion is out of the way.
NEW REVIEW: Lady Gaga - Born This Way
https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=25343.0

Setra, I think that is the best statement I have read on this forum.  Very well said.

Offline TehFix0r

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »

I wouldn't consider Panic! to be a full sentence. Even if it technically is, it doesn't matter.

True. Punctuation dictates so, but I don't think it's worth bothering.

Offline ZachyDou

• Keyboard wizard in training
  • "Haha... Yeah..."
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 01:48:12 PM »

ENDSPACE!!!!
Yeah, I'm am so friggin relieved that that whole commotion is out of the way.

yea now we just have to find and album name and learn the songs in two weeks so we can record
oh yea AND FINISH WRITTING THE SONGS