General > General Music Discussion

Great albums you wish sounded better

(1/21) > >>

KevShmev:
First two that came to mind:

Muse - Absolution  I could almost say this about any of their other albums, but this album is so compressed to death, it makes me wince at times.  Such a great album, full of mostly really good to great songs, but the production and sound of it is a really a major disservice.  The studio version of "Stockholm Syndrome" literally sounds like someone through huge blankets over both of my speakers.  Oy.

Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory  This album is strange in that some of the songs sound good from a production standpoint and some do not.  It's a shame that, with as much detail as they obviously put into the story and all, they didn't put more into making it sound as good as possible. 

ClairvoyantCat:
I would say most early Pain of Salvation albums. 

RobD:
All the Opeth albums up to Deliverance. Blackwater Park was almost good, but the mastering destroyed it by pushing it way to far.

Fuzzboy:

--- Quote from: KevShmev on January 30, 2011, 08:29:27 AM ---Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory  This album is strange in that some of the songs sound good from a production standpoint and some do not.  It's a shame that, with as much detail as they obviously put into the story and all, they didn't put more into making it sound as good as possible. 

--- End quote ---

This, definitely, and also Devin Townsend - Physicist. A ton of people don't like the album, but I have a feeling they'd be more fond of it if it wasn't for the piss poor production.

Also Terria, again from Townsend because of that goddamned kick drum.

DarkLord_Lalinc:

--- Quote from: Fuzzboy on January 30, 2011, 08:34:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: KevShmev on January 30, 2011, 08:29:27 AM ---Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory  This album is strange in that some of the songs sound good from a production standpoint and some do not.  It's a shame that, with as much detail as they obviously put into the story and all, they didn't put more into making it sound as good as possible. 

--- End quote ---

This, definitely, and also Devin Townsend - Physicist. A ton of people don't like the album, but I have a feeling they'd be more fond of it if it wasn't for the piss poor production.

Also Terria, again from Townsend because of that goddamned kick drum.

--- End quote ---
In that Terria thing, I don't like the sound of drums as a whole.

Good thing it's a brilliant album and songs like Earth Day make me forget about the production issues  :metal

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version