Author Topic: Music sheets / tabs for bass  (Read 2148 times)

Offline xytras 1978

Music sheets / tabs for bass
« on: June 12, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
Hey there,

I'm looking for music sheets (or tabs) of Dream Theather for bass guitar, is there anyone who can help me out (every costs payed offcourse).

Thanks,

Herman.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
Re: Music sheets / tabs for bass
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »
First, download TuxGuitar. This is a guitar tablature program, and most of the files include tabs for bass and guitar.
www.tuxguitar.com.ar/

Next, here, they have most DT songs tabbed out.
www.ultimate-guitar.com/
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/dream_theater_tabs.htm

You can now download and use any guitar pro and powertab files with TuxGuitar. The great thing about tuxguitar is it plays the tabs for you, and you can slow down/speed up passages you wanna practice.

Offline xytras 1978

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
Hi there,

I don't know much about computers, but I managed to install Tux.guitar, but I didn't manange to load a song/tab into the program, could you maybe help me out step by step?? I'd really appreciate it. :-[

Thanks

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 12:27:16 AM »
Sure, no problem

Alright, first find a song you want from the link I provided above. Lets say you want Erotomania. Go through the list of songs on ultimate guitar until you find a guitar pro tab for Erotomania... click the link

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/d/dream_theater/erotomania_ver2_guitar_pro.htm

On that page, you'll see a few different things... it has the file size ( 59 Kb) as well as the instruments tabbed out in the file (guitar #1, guitar #2, guitar #3, bass, keyboard #1, keyboard #2). Go toward the bottom of the page and inbetween a few ads there is a button that says "Download "Erotomania" Guitar Pro Tab". Click it, and save the file to somewhere on your hard drive.

Once that finishes, open up Tux Guitar. Go to the top of the page and click "File", then click "Open". Navigate to the folder with the guitar pro tab file, and select it. Once it loads, you'll see the score infront of you. Towards the bottom of the screen is the selection of instruments... most of them are labeled by what instrument they are or who plays them. In this case, click the bass (John Myung). From here on out, it should be self explanatory... just read and play! You can also have the computer play MIDI versions of the tab by clicking the "play" icon near the top of the program in the toolbar.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need anymore help and I'll try my best!

Offline xytras 1978

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 01:45:56 AM »
I worked it out, man it's really great, hail to the modern times.

Many thanks!!! :metal

musiclover2010

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 11:09:18 AM »
Thanks a lot for sharing i was looking for it for long time and finally i got it.

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »
Biggest pain with Ultimate Guitar is the stupidly placed 'Download' button. If you're a first time user then you may not find it for an hour or 2.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:29:03 PM »
Biggest pain with Ultimate Guitar is the stupidly placed 'Download' button. If you're a first time user then you may not find it for an hour or 2.

Yeah

usually i check Gprotab.net first, then UG. UG is very cluttered :-\

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 04:54:16 PM »

Yeah

usually i check Gprotab.net first, then UG. UG is very cluttered :-\

Never heard of that one, I'll have to check it out.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:52:58 PM »
I use www.tablibrary.com - it's the old powertabs.net (after they were shut down), essentially, but now free and legal, apparently.  It requires a free registration first, but they don't send you any spam.  It's all Power Tabs.  Lots of Dream Theater to choose from there.  The whole site is easier to navigate than most other tab sites.  No popups, no annoying on-page elements floating around and stealing focus, no having to pick from 5 different sites for one tab, no nothing.  Just a library of tabs.  Awesome.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 10:07:21 PM »
I've been trying to get a full The Best of Times tab forever, but it doesn't look like anyone's made one

And ddtonfire is a contributor to tablibrary (powertabs.net). If you ever need a DT tab, he's generally the guy to ask :P