Author Topic: Egyptian Revolution Jan 25th 2011  (Read 138696 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Egyptian Revolution Jan 25th 2011
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2011, 08:29:50 AM »
Metty,
ZGF is saying "Mr Nuke" as Elbaradei's nickname..as he is an enabler of the lunatic in Iran..and has allowed them to be on the doorstep of the nukes needed to change the power structure in the ME, and to threaten Israel daily.

El Baradei's is wolf in sheeps clothing... Hamas is in his corner also, I would be very worried if they get control, and the media is complicit with covering for El Baradei
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
No, it's not, El Baradei is okay by me and the majority of the Egyptian people and that's all that matters.
I don't wanna get into international politics again but you make Israel sound like they're only armed with candy canes.. I need to understand why is it okay for Israel to have nuclear arms and be the only country in the middle east not to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, well nobody would be mentioning that if it wasn't for the people bitching about Iran.
I don't want a nuclear armed Iran or Israel.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2011, 08:57:10 AM »
No, it's not, El Baradei is okay by me and the majority of the Egyptian people and that's all that matters.
I don't wanna get into international politics again but you make Israel sound like they're only armed with candy canes.. I need to understand why is it okay for Israel to have nuclear arms and be the only country in the middle east not to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, well nobody would be mentioning that if it wasn't for the people bitching about Iran.

Becasue Israel is not a hostile country that is threatening in the name of God to wipe another religion and country off the earth. Israel is not denying the holocaust while openly looking to wipe another people out.
Israel has beena good neighbor and wants nothing but peace.

do you worry about Israel using nukes ?
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2011, 09:01:37 AM »
if Israel did not have nukes, ( or the mystery if they do or not ) they would have been attacked, its nothing but a deterent for Israel.

why dont the countries of the Mid East sign peace with Israel,?? because their Sharia majorities would riot and lather that they must be destroyed

In Israel if these peace accords could take place there would be joy in the streets and roses..
not lunatics rioting that we can never have peace with infidels

From Arrutz Sheeva Today :

Muslim Brotherhood’s Message Same as Hamas: Kill Jews

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu
Follow Israel news on  and .

Many Western analysts agree that the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas are one and the same. One leading Brotherhood cleric has said: "Kill Jews – to the very last one.” A Brotherhood takeover of Egypt would strengthen Hamas in Gaza.

Another Brotherhood leader told an Arab language newspaper Monday that Egyptians “should prepare for war against Israel."

The Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas are rooted in the same ideology. "If the Muslim Brotherhood groups gain a prominent place in the government, this would definitely help consolidate Hamas's hold on Gaza,'' Atiyeh Jawwabra, a political science professor at Jerusalem's Al Quds University, told The Wall Street Journal’s Joshua Mitnick.

The journalist added, “Hamas, whose founder was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, has rejected negotiations with Israel and refuses to foreswear military and terrorist attacks."

“Under a different name (Hamas), the Muslim Brotherhood runs the Gaza Strip. Hamas's charter states unequivocally that it wants to eradicate Israel,” wrote Richard Cohen in the Washington Post this week.

The Muslim Brotherhood’s ideology was made clear in the sermons of one of its leading preachers based in Qatar, Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi. Two years ago, the Anti-Defamation League posted several of his teachings, one of them a call that Israel and Jews be dealt with by the Almighty who should "kill them, down to the very last one."

In a sermon aired in January 2009 on Al Jazeera television, Qaradawi said, “I will shoot Allah’s enemies, the Jews, and they will throw a bomb at me, and thus I will seal my life with martyrdom.”  Two days later, Qaradawi gave another speech that also aired on Al-Jazeera, where he claimed that Adolf Hitler was sent by Allah to punish the Jews.

The same month, he led a delegation of Muslim scholars who met with Arab terrorist groups, including Hamas, in Damascus "to discuss the ways to cope with a war of genocide against the people in…Gaza."

On another occasion, he declared, "I support Hamas, the Islamic Jihad, and Hizbullah.  I oppose the peace that Israel and America wish to dictate. This peace is an illusion. I support martyrdom operations."

Several analysts view the Muslim Brotherhood as being a minority in Egypt, and the Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg, traditionally against Israeli nationalism, recently opined that “There is ultimately no alternative to freedom and self-government,” even if it means that a radical Muslim group will control Egypt.

During the George W. Bush administration, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was shell-shocked when aides woke her up in the middle of the night to tell that Hamas won the Palestinian Authority's first and only legislative election that the United States sponsored - and even monitored - in the Palestinian Authority.

CNN somewhat played down the prospect of an Egyptian government led by the Muslim Brotherhood, quoting Egyptian analyst Mustafa Abulhimal as saying, "The Muslim Brotherhood are a small minority among those who are out on the street," he said, and added that there is no comparison  between Egypt today and Iran in 1979, when the Islamic Revolution overthrew the American-backed Shah.

"The Muslim Brotherhood has nothing to do with the Iranian model, has nothing to do with extremism as we have seen it in Afghanistan and other places. The Muslim Brotherhood is a religiously conservative group. They are a minority in Egypt," he said.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 01:30:59 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2011, 09:12:02 AM »

Becasue Israel is not a hostile country that is threatening in the name of God to wipe another religion and country off the earth. Israel is not denying the holocaust while openly looking to wipe another people out.
Israel has beena good neighbor and wants nothing but peace.

do you worry about Israel using nukes ?

That's not a reason for it to be excused of signing the treaty! Israel is a hostile country by nature since it started cause they've never felt welcomed in the area but that's a different issue.
Good neighbor to who? Israel is still occupying a lot of Arab land and that's the way all Arabs see it, am I a good neighbor if I took a part of your back yard then smiled and told not to worry cause I won't take over your garage as long as you're nice? that's horrific.
I think holocaust views should be a matter of personal judgement, everyone has seen the evidence, heard the insane conspiracy theories and sane historical revisionists, I believe it happened but I don't think anyone should be prosecuted if they weren't convinced, do you actually understand how ridiculous it is that some countries find that to be a crime? it's the only issue in the civilized western world where your personal beliefs about the subject can criminalize you.
Again this thread is not about any of this.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2011, 09:12:45 AM »
Some interesting pictures from Egypt:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12333754

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
ElBaradei, as nuclear watchdog, was foe of U.S.
Egyptian in reform forefront
By Eli Lake
-
The Washington Times
8:44 p.m., Monday, January 31, 2011

Mohamed ElBaradei, who has become a leading symbol for democratic change in Egypt, emerged as a bitter foe of the United States when he led the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) between 1997 and 2009.

In 2005, the State Department launched a failed campaign to block the Egyptian lawyer from winning a third term as director general of the IAEA. That same year, the Nobel committee awarded him the Peace Prize.

Between 2003 and 2009, when Mr. ElBaradei oversaw the IAEA‘s inspections of the Iranian nuclear program, the clashes with the United States and its allies reached a new peak.

“You have to remember what he said. He said he had a moral responsibility as a Nobel laureate to do things that were not normally in the portfolio of a director general. This was his opinion of his responsibility,” said Olli Heinonen, a former IAEA weapons inspector who worked closely with Mr. ElBaradei.

In a 2007 interview with the New York Times magazine, Mr. ElBaradei described himself as a “secular pope” who saw his role in international politics to “make sure, frankly, that we do not end up killing each other.”

Egyptian Mohamed ElBaradei, a former nuclear watchdog, has emerged as a possible reform broker and leader in Cairo. But he has a reputation as a foe of U.S. interests. As IAEA director, Mr. ElBaradei never allowed his atomic agency to affirm one way or the other in public that Iran was pursuing nuclear weaponry. (Associated Press)It was this view that led many Western and U.S. diplomats interviewed for this story to conclude that at times Mr. ElBaradei worked as Iran‘s advocate and not an independent auditor of its nuclear program.

“ElBaradei consistently demonstrated a pro-Iran bias when he was at the IAEA,” said John R. Bolton, who worked with Mr. ElBaradei as an undersecretary of state and as a U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

“The pro-Iran bias was complementary to his anti-American bias,” Mr. Bolton said. “I think he was harming the agency and not doing the job that he should have against Iran‘s nuclear weapons program.”

In 2003, Mr. ElBaradei rejected U.S. information on Iraq‘s procurement of yellowcake uranium in Niger and was an outspoken foe of the Iraq war.

Over time, some diplomats said his Iraq experience led Mr. ElBaradei to pursue gambits to delay the diplomatic censure of Iran at the U.N. Security Council.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:06 AM »
I never heard of Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi and never knew there was a Muslim Brotherhood in Qatar, these people have nothing to do with the Egypt Muslim Brotherhood.
You can go ahead and only gather shit said by extremists and dumb fucks, it makes you more comfortable with your fears and their nature.

Offline GuineaPig

« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
Seriously EPICVIEW, this is not the thread.  I for one would be extremely disappointed if a series of extremely interesting posts by Metty gets ruined by pointless debate with EPICVIEW.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2011, 09:20:29 AM »
Seriously EPICVIEW, this is not the thread.  I for one would be extremely disappointed if a series of extremely interesting posts by Metty gets ruined by pointless debate with EPICVIEW.

huh? I answered his question, to why we feel the way we do, and we are not sold on ElBaradei..I find him a foe of Israels and the USA's ..certainly a shill for Iran. and I pray the Egyption people wake up before its too late
and I answered Mettys question on nukes..

should I just live in a fantasy land?? Im talking about the real issues of this subject.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2011, 09:22:35 AM »
I never heard of Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi and never knew there was a Muslim Brotherhood in Qatar, these people have nothing to do with the Egypt Muslim Brotherhood.
You can go ahead and only gather shit said by extremists and dumb fucks, it makes you more comfortable with your fears and their nature.

if you live in Israel how would you feel today? do you think their fear today is not real? they will be surrounded by hostility that knows no bounds. The Jihad exists against the west, look at Iran and Lebanon.

Im keeping it on the level.

Im very worried by what I see going on in Egypt

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »
I have to be honest, Israel's concerns are understandable because it is losing precious control they have enjoyed over the last 30 years, but right now the Egyptian public is what matters. Netanyahu's request that the international community demand that the new Egyptian govt's sign a peace treaty with Israel just strikes me as completely out of place. That's something you say after the interim gov't is established, not while protests try to topple the current regime.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
no mr. nuke was for his efforts to broker the deals and win the prize. i'm all for him taking over.

if egyptians love erdogan so much, they should take him and make him the president, we don't want his filth infested mind. That asshole jails people who protest him at home and all of a sudden decides he is for people's rights? fuck him.
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #118 on: February 01, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »
BTW, totally random thought: Tunisia is kinda the Farah Fawcett of politics right now. Nobody cares about it anymore now that the Big Brother had the same thing happen. :lol

rumborak

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #119 on: February 01, 2011, 10:22:33 AM »
they need to burn themselves more, they lost the spot light. so what happened there now that we have no news from them? they third in line was not popular but still holds power?

also, shit hit the fan seriously in belarus where they kill people who protest, but no one gives a shit about them lol.

king of jordan barely escaped by changing the whole cabinet, but i respect him and his wife as leaders who really care about their people.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2011, 10:29:28 AM »
no mr. nuke was for his efforts to broker the deals and win the prize. i'm all for him taking over.

if egyptians love erdogan so much, they should take him and make him the president, we don't want his filth infested mind. That asshole jails people who protest him at home and all of a sudden decides he is for people's rights? fuck him.

what deal did he broker, he got a peace prize for opposing the USA.

Both Turkey and Egypt are moving towards Iran.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
iran is shii, know your cultures.

both turkey and egypt are moving towards super secularism; religion going back to a taboo subject to discuss and a matter of practice inside closed doors; poverty and unemployment being the dictating matters of state. all polls in turkey show an islamic view of about 20%, the 80% vote based on their financial needs, the party that gives them out food and coal and money wins votes.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2011, 10:42:27 AM »

both turkey and egypt are moving towards super secularism; religion going back to a taboo subject to discuss and a matter of practice inside closed doors; poverty and unemployment being the dictating matters of state. all polls in turkey show an islamic view of about 20%, the 80% vote based on their financial needs, the party that gives them out food and coal and money wins votes.

Yes...Iran is shia.

so?  
its pretty well talked about how each is moving towards Iran. The Sunni populous should not enjoy that,.

article below:
Senior Iranian officials praised Turkey's stance during the Gaza crisis, and called for a strategic alliance between the two countries. Yahya Safavi, former commander of the Revolutionary Guards and now security adviser to Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, said earlier this month that "Erdogan's... courageous words at the Davos summit against the war crimes of the Zionist regime... are evidence of the Islamic awakening among the Turkish people - a result of the influence of Iran's Islamic Revolution."

Majlis speaker and former nuclear negotiator Ali Larijani visited Turkey during the Gaza crisis, holding closed talks with Erdogan. Following the meetings, both men called to enhance the already extensive economic links between Iran and Turkey.

Where is Turkey heading?

What can be said with certainty is that Ankara's long-maintained policy of equidistance between Israelis and Palestinians has been dispensed with by the current leadership. The AKP government is aligning itself not only with the Palestinians, but with Hamas. In the longer term, this may portend a slow shift toward greater alignment with the Iranian-led regional alliance. Such a shift, if it occurs, will be of primary significance to the strategic balance in the region.

(Translations of comments by Iranian officials by Memri.)

Jonathan Spyer is a senior researcher at the Global Research in International Affairs Center, IDC, Herzliya.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:51:30 AM by EPICVIEW »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2011, 10:50:03 AM »

Thank you, I would have been very vulgar if I had to answer that post myself.
I have to be honest, Israel's concerns are understandable because it is losing precious control they have enjoyed over the last 30 years, but right now the Egyptian public is what matters. Netanyahu's request that the international community demand that the new Egyptian govt's sign a peace treaty with Israel just strikes me as completely out of place. That's something you say after the interim gov't is established, not while protests try to topple the current regime.

rumborak

Agreed, it's making Egyptian feel more and more worthless in the eyes of America and Israel, "whatever the fuck you monkeys do over there don't jeopardize Israel", this is what the Egyptians are coming to feel from the outside and boy is it building up so much contempt.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2011, 10:56:10 AM »
wrong, what Netenyau is saying is " we want the peace accord as is, anyone coming to power should be fully aware, so pick your leader wisely" and it was to prop up Sulliman, who I think could be a good leader, what Netanyahu said was " to be sid at this time, to help Mubarak, Netanyahu aint stupid, this was to be said NOW

Netenyau is not willing to gamble and wait.. he has a job to do, to protect Israel. period.

Grad rockets came into Israel last night from Gaza, Hezbollah's "1800" unit is on the ground and working along side of Hamas...so this Sunni /Shia issue merged THROUGH IRAN, that is using Egypt to get arms into Gaza.

so many are worried about which dirction Egypt will go, and will the Army take on this element..ITS ALL CONNECTED.. this is on subject
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:10:11 AM by EPICVIEW »

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2011, 11:07:18 AM »
I can't believe I'm actually reading the stuff that I'm reading here, on any angle.

UGH

BTW thanks, metty.What your doing would have gotten you a book deal in a different age. In the 21st century, DTF will have to suffice as an audience  ::)

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »
My brother just left Tahrir square, he wanted to stay longer with his friends but he has an infant daughter and his wife needed him back, he has around 3 hours to walk to where he left his car, his brother-in-law is with him.
There's almost a million people in an area I can't imagine would fit 300,000 people, I dunno how, the Tahrir square is the size of a huge sports stadium, it's currently surrounded by the returning police forces that should be out in the suburbs protecting people from criminals and escaped convicts.
The protesters are increasing in numbers but getting weaker as a lot of them hasn't left the square in 5 or 6 days, a lot on a hunger strike.
Before he hung up he said that he told a lot of people there -friends and stranger- about "that inspiring Texas story you told me", he meant the siege of the Alamo and the realization of the people inside that they are accepting to die defending what they believe in and how this knowledge gives some weird kind of serenity that a lot of protesters right now are feeling.
I can't describe the amount of bitterness I'm feeling for not being there, I know it's selfish but this is the kind of thing my grand kids will learn about in history class and my story about it will be that I was in the U.S sipping frappe mocha and talking to my brother and friends on the phone.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2011, 11:09:25 AM »
I can't believe I'm actually reading the stuff that I'm reading here, on any angle.

UGH

Thanks, metty.

what cant you believe? its a mess, and will effect all of us on some level

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2011, 11:13:15 AM »
Netenyau is not willing to gamble and wait.. he has a job to do, to protect Israel. period.

His best gamble is to make himself look good with the Egyptian people right now, because he has no way of telling what the resulting gov't will be. Sounding like a stickler in this time of elation for the Egyptian people is not doing that.

rumborak

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2011, 11:19:10 AM »
LOL...^

really..is he running for office in Egypt? I think he is more worried about his people of Israel being safe..

Egypt should get their house in order, and stop being worried about the USA and Israel, and let Israel live in peace.

is Egypt worried about electing a leader that will foster a better peace with Israel?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2011, 11:21:54 AM »
Eh, I promised myself to not argue with you, so I'll stick to that. You clearly have no concept of diplomacy, for you it's all guns and bombs.

rumborak

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2011, 11:26:47 AM »
Eh, I promised myself to not argue with you, so I'll stick to that.

rumborak

Nothing to argue about..I strictly stay with the facts. I post the articles to back them up.

I want peace for all countries, but one must be real, and Im tired of Israel being not allowed to exist in peace, im tired of the hypocrisy.  There is a Jihad, it exists, we are seeing it move across the ME.

let me know when the Jihad drops their weapons for diplomacy LOL...and Egypt is in peril to me, let me know when the UN stops funding Hamas, who starve their people to buy weapons to kill "infidels".. Diplomacy is all Netnyahu wants, for the peace agreement to stay in place..
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:32:05 AM by EPICVIEW »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »

UGH

Thanks, metty.

It's only a mess if you live in constant fear of anything Islamic or losing the ability to wave your red, white, and blue dick in the faces of any culture that doesn't fit your American ideal.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm quite happy that the Egyptians appear to be getting out of a piss-poor social situation.  It's a shame Americans don't have such inclinations.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2011, 11:30:43 AM »
Yeah, right now I can only feel sympathy for the Egyptians. As long as they actually transform their country into something that reasonably well represents public will, it's all good.

rumborak

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2011, 11:35:13 AM »

UGH

Thanks, metty.

It's only a mess if you live in constant fear of anything Islamic or losing the ability to wave your red, white, and blue dick in the faces of any culture that doesn't fit your American ideal.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm quite happy that the Egyptians appear to be getting out of a piss-poor social situation.  It's a shame Americans don't have such inclinations.

got nothing to do with the USA, it has to do with history, we are seeing Lebanon go down the drain,same with Iran..same with Syria... Turkey...etc..Im not so Polly Anna to think a moderate will rise in Egypt

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »
Yeah, right now I can only feel sympathy for the Egyptians. As long as they actually transform their country into something that reasonably well represents public will, it's all good.

rumborak

Yup.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #136 on: February 01, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »

rumborak

Yup.

80% last night said they want Fundemental Islamic Law..

is that Freedom? or is that the Freedom to chose going backwards?

Im worried

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #137 on: February 01, 2011, 11:41:11 AM »
Mubarak apparently will say that he will step down at the next election. wtf, I don't think that's gonna fly with the public. That guy is glued to his seat, and the public sees that.

rumborak

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
« Reply #138 on: February 01, 2011, 11:41:33 AM »
Epicview:

Please, PLEASE add a SOURCE to those news articles you keep posting. A link would be nice. Because any article I read I like to know WHERE it came from to judge whether or not it is objective

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2011, 11:41:39 AM »
Epicview, with all due respect, your 'facts' have been called into question plenty of times and like everyone else in this thread, I'm just not interested in whatever you are or will muck up from fantasy land.