9 (10.7%)
I like them both equally
7 (8.3%)
I hate them both equally
0 (0%)
I don't eat candy
4 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Reeses vs. Butterfingers  (Read 13972 times)

Offline j

Re: Reeses vs. Butterfingers
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 03:27:32 PM »
I don't eat candy very often, but I think i slightly prefer Butterfingers.  But both are delicious.

-J

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »
I don't eat candy anymore (unless it is like 90% dark chocolate or above, though 100% is just nasty).
I don't consider dark chocolate candy, particularly at the level you're eating.  I have similar tastes, but I don't mind going down to 80% if the sweet isn't that noticeable.  I'd bet you're wrong, on your own tastes, about 100% if you like 90%.  You have to explore more to find 100% that's palatable.  In my mind the higher the percentage on darks the more skill it takes to perfect.

At 70% almost any bar is too sweet so most places have no trouble getting it ok.

At 80% most are at least ok, but some places make the sweet too strong(as a cover imo) and others start to have bad taste.

At 90% it is hard to find a good bar, sweet can't be used  well as a cover any more so badly done products can't hide anymore.

At 100% almost everything is bad.  There's just no room to hide if you can't make a good bar.

See if you can find a Cuorenero 100% bar.  I was amazed when I first had it.  Distinctly 100% chocolate without all the negatives you expect.  No need at all to nibble at it to negate bitterness or vileness, it's great stuff.

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
Dark Chocolate blows.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 04:37:31 PM »
Unless it's good dark chocolate it's a complete waste.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
Your avatar makes that post seem funnier.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
Reeses is milk chocolate, is it not?

Kit Kat bars are easily the best them.

Those go down even faster than Reeses! (I will concede that white chocolate Kit Kats are the best them)
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Voyage 34

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 06:05:03 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOO! I voted Reeses, but I meant to vote Butterfinger. I like Reeses but not as much.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 06:24:30 PM »
I voted Reeses. Both are delicious, but only one created a debacle in my mouth afterwards. Reese's Pieces are the real winner though :metal
Photobucket sucks.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 06:27:10 PM »

Offline ehra

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 06:28:04 PM »
Definitely Reeses. If I'm going to have a candy bar, I'm going to take a Three Musketeers over a Butterfinger any day.

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »
Reese's Pieces are the real winner though :metal

Though I love Reese's Cups, I've never really been a fan of Reese's Pieces.  Dunno why.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 06:36:50 PM »
Reese's Pieces are the real winner though :metal
:yarr
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »

Those go down even faster than Reeses! (I will concede that white chocolate Kit Kats are the best them)

Big Kats own Kit Kats (when you can find them, anyway).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 06:53:16 PM »
Never heard of Big Kats but if they exist like you say I might have to abandon Reeses.

This inspires a new question in my mind...

Reeses King Size...or Reeses Big Cup?

:yarr
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 07:02:08 PM »
What you need are the giant Resse's cups.  The whole package is bigger than my head, and totals 12 servings.

So yeah, Reese's.  Butterfingers are good as well, but Clark bars are better than Butterfingers, so I don't eat them as much anymore.

Offline Mr. Beale

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 08:19:49 PM »
I'll take a Reese anytime if offered. Butterfingers are something I need to be in the mood for.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
I don't eat candy anymore (unless it is like 90% dark chocolate or above, though 100% is just nasty).
I don't consider dark chocolate candy, particularly at the level you're eating.  I have similar tastes, but I don't mind going down to 80% if the sweet isn't that noticeable.  I'd bet you're wrong, on your own tastes, about 100% if you like 90%.  You have to explore more to find 100% that's palatable.  In my mind the higher the percentage on darks the more skill it takes to perfect.

At 70% almost any bar is too sweet so most places have no trouble getting it ok.

At 80% most are at least ok, but some places make the sweet too strong(as a cover imo) and others start to have bad taste.

At 90% it is hard to find a good bar, sweet can't be used  well as a cover any more so badly done products can't hide anymore.

At 100% almost everything is bad.  There's just no room to hide if you can't make a good bar.

See if you can find a Cuorenero 100% bar.  I was amazed when I first had it.  Distinctly 100% chocolate without all the negatives you expect.  No need at all to nibble at it to negate bitterness or vileness, it's great stuff.

I guess I lump candy and chocolate together, since it's usually all chocolate based anyway.

I guess Baker's chocolate is not the way to go? I am trying to kill off all the sugar. I bought a Ghierdella (whatever that name is, too lazy to Google it) 100% bar and it is still kinda nasty, but not as bad as baker's chocolate.

I'm also trying to avoid the soy lecithin that is found in the chocolates. I'm not worried though as I haven't had any craving for chocolate nowadays.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2011, 08:49:37 PM »
Tomorrow I am going to enter a new realm of deliciousness. I am going to eat a butter finger, a kit cat, and a resees... all at the same time.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Baker's chocolate isn't even an attempt to make it edible plain.  Kind of like how low end brandy isn't meant to be drank in a sniffer but works well for mixed drinks.  Good Baker's chocolate should work well in baking, not tasting it straight.

The Ghirabaldi 100% is not a good chocolate bar.  Lots of places make 100% and 99% chocolate bars, and most of them are as bad as Ghirabaldi, overpowering bitterness and/or the sensation that you're eating bark.  I think these places do it for novelty, not because they actually know how to do it well.  You know when you've found someone that really understands how to work chocolate when you find a good 100% bar.

If you want to really try 100%, track down the one I mentioned above.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »

Big Kats own Kit Kats (when you can find them, anyway).

You'll find a Big Kat in literally every gas station in CT. I always wanted a Big Kat king size.... Basically a regular Kit Kat but quadrupole the size.

Offline DarkEternalNight

• I take the "the" out of psychotherapist
  • GODDDD ISSSS DEAAADDDD
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2011, 08:55:41 PM »
Not a big fan of Butterfingers but Reese's is my 2nd favorite candy to Hershey's Cookies and Cream  :)

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2011, 08:58:04 PM »
Not a big fan of Butterfingers but Reese's is my 2nd favorite candy to Hershey's Cookies and Cream  :)

:barf:

Offline Ħ

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
After doing some research, I found out that Japan has a wide assortment of Kit Kat flavors...some look appetizing but some are like those nasty Harry Potter every flavor jellybeans...the grossest I found is an Earl Grey Tea Kit Kat.

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2011, 09:05:34 PM »
Post pics!

Offline Ħ

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2011, 09:07:47 PM »
...by "research" I meant wikipedia

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »
Big Kat .... Basically a regular Kit Kat but quadrupole the size.

That.  It's like one segment of a Kit Kat blown up to the size of a baby's forearm.  The chocolate is much thicker on it, which makes the chocolate-to-wafer ratio perfect.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2011, 08:10:36 AM »

That.  It's like one segment of a Kit Kat blown up to the size of a baby's forearm.  The chocolate is much thicker on it, which makes the chocolate-to-wafer ratio perfect.

I think I would break my not eating candy thing for a Big Kat. For real. I used to love eating the chocolate off of the bar (like you said, it is thick), and then eating the huge wafer.

Online Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2011, 08:13:08 AM »

eating the chocolate off of the bar (like you said, it is thick), and then eating the huge wafer.

Totally. I do that with most candy bars that are made out of multiple pieces of goodness.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2011, 08:25:44 AM »
Reeses  :metal
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:37 AM »
The thing I don't like about Butterfingers is that it sticks to your teeth.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2011, 09:04:29 AM »
I love the miniature Resse's PB Cups. They have a higher ratio of chocolate to PB, which I like. My wife loves the Christmas trees which have a ton more PB to chocolate. I'm pretty much an equal opportunity eater when it comes to candy. I love pretty much all of it.

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »
Usually I'll pick up the reeses big cups, I love a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio and these things are....well.... big.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2011, 09:28:11 AM »
Usually I'll pick up the reeses big cups, I love a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio and these things are....well.... big.
The Christmas Trees or Easter Eggs are the best.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Elsydeon

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
The Christmas Trees or Easter Eggs are the best.
I'll agree with you on that. But the big cups are all year round!