Author Topic: Mouse  (Read 35671 times)

Offline TimmyHiggy

• Not the droid you are looking for
  • Maybe its just another drill?
Mouse
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:27:17 PM »
I have a mouse! Never had one before and not that freaked out so I decided to have some fun and build a trap of my own

Wish me luck!
Anyone built their own to an alternative design? In case my prototype fails...
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
Re: Mouse
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »
What the fuck is that thing

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:33:36 PM »
Mice a notoriously difficult to get rid of. The one in my house has successfully evaded even store-bought traps for the better part of 3 months. Best of luck to you and you trap in you mousing.
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • .ay rof dab s'ti dna...
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:34:56 PM »
Can you explain to us the workings of this trap?
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?
LOOK AT THIS AWESOME SHIT AHHHHHH

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »
wat
Cole: "Ow I just got hit in the balls"
Me: "How?"
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?
I'll admit sometimes I want to listen to Dragonforce.

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »
One qualm:

What the fuck?

Offline TimmyHiggy

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »
Workings of Trap:
Mouse walks up the dark brown broom onto the side of the bin eating the small bits of stilton
Mouse then notices large piece of stilton on pivoting broom
mouse walks onto pivoting broom. overbalancing it
it all falls down, the broom falls over the end of the box (or at least, it did when I tested it) and the mouse falls down into the red plastic box
i heard if you put bread in the rooof of your mouth it means oyu don't cvry when you're shoocppig ononsosni.
<br />/I vea aben told buy   spletn spencer adn timhiggy and that zletar guy to potost gcase imm drunk for the fist imeiiiiiiiiiiiii eoand evryoen ois mkaking funof eme :O(<br />
<br />

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »

Ah.  My best guess was..

The mouse is trapped behind the backpacks.  Once they are moved, it will cause the broom to loose it's grip and the giant cylinder will roll down the chair legs, crushing the mouse like a steamroller.

Offline TimmyHiggy

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:45 PM »
:rollin that sounds straight out of tomb raider!
I was hoping to keep the mouse alive to go bother someone else with his new found understanding of moments...
<br />

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 12:51:18 PM »
I have a design proposal, just made this.

The mouse notices the shoe and slips on the carboard tube bit, then continues to run backwards on the tube on its hind legs all the way up the boxes before it gets its neck caught in the belt loop and hangs itself. The bin serves as a sort of Plan B.

Offline ACID_FOX

• DTF's Offical Arctic Monkeys Fanboy.
  • But You're Just Fiction, And I'm A Twisted Boy.
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 12:53:54 PM »
I have a design proposal

The mouse notices the shoe and slips on the carboard tube bit, then continues to run backwards on the tube on its hind legs all the way up the boxes before it gets its neck caught in the belt loop and hangs itself. The bin serves as a sort of Plan B.

:hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy :hefdaddy
I only like ablums that I can xanascholithoun.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 01:02:44 PM »
I've been sitting on a design for a while. Still waiting for a follow-up from the patent office.

Basically, the mouse will come out of my room, notice that I've set dinner out for it (I mean, who the fuck doesn't want some damn Hamburger Helper? Not me!). Excited, it runs forth into the empty vitamin water bottle. In its excitement, it turns its head to the left, and sees the frog. Startled, it runs in the opposite direction, tripping over the allen wrench, and falling down the stairs into a conveniently placed ice cream bucket. Should the mouse run around the box, it should hit it enough to knock the battery off of the box, killing it on impact.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 01:08:23 PM »
Good trap, but have you considered a more aerodynamic water bottle? It may speed the delivery to the bottom of the stairs.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »
Likewise, have you considered different types of leather? I'm sure your patent leather would do the job, but I think buckskin leather might make the hanging a bit more smooth. Bonded leather is obviously the best case scenario, but not everybody has access to that.

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 01:13:14 PM »
My mouse trap is my cat. He works quite well.
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • şağ besta sem guğ hefur skapağ er nır dagur
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »
I've been sitting on a design for a while. Still waiting for a follow-up from the patent office.

Basically, the mouse will come out of my room, notice that I've set dinner out for it (I mean, who the fuck doesn't want some damn Hamburger Helper? Not me!). Excited, it runs forth into the empty vitamin water bottle. In its excitement, it turns its head to the left, and sees the frog. Startled, it runs in the opposite direction, tripping over the allen wrench, and falling down the stairs into a conveniently placed ice cream bucket. Should the mouse run around the box, it should hit it enough to knock the battery off of the box, killing it on impact.
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard on the internet. :lol :lol

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 01:15:17 PM »
Likewise, have you considered different types of leather? I'm sure your patent leather would do the job, but I think buckskin leather might make the hanging a bit more smooth. Bonded leather is obviously the best case scenario, but not everybody has access to that.

Ah, quite right. My schematics called for nubuck leather originally, but was scrapped for presentation purposes.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard on the internet. :lol :lol
What? Does this not look like it'll work? ???

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
It does. The keys on the ground are the best part. :lol

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:33 PM »
Oh, good. I thought you were mocking my creation.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 01:25:50 PM »
You didn't explain what the Mickey glass is for. Unless it's part of the dinner and meant to compliment the Hamburger Helper?
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 01:28:37 PM »
You didn't explain what the Mickey glass is for. Unless it's part of the dinner and meant to compliment the Hamburger Helper?
Precisely.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »
Well...what is it? I can't tell. Looks like fucked up Kool-Aid. Or tomato juice.

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »
Well...what is it? I can't tell. Looks like fucked up Kool-Aid. Or tomato juice.
It's the color of the glass. It's supposed to confuse the mouse, but it's also to make him feel comforted, because there's a mouse on the goblet.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »
You sir....are quite intelligent.

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »
This is really weird, I've actually been working on a design for quite a while. Here's my prototype, any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

First, the mouse notices the Ekans card and is scared, so he runs into the vuvuzela. When he comes out the top he jumps down onto the Guitar Hero 2 (NOT Guitar H 3 or Rock Band, this is very important) controller. Because of the drop between the vuvuzela and controller platform there is no where else to go but to make the jump onto the broom handle. Now, the broom handle is supported only by a really big rubber band, so when it tries to grab on he will inevitably slip and fall into the trombone mute... Trapped, forever.
Cole: "Well you know when you try to scratch your balls, and you scratch too hard?

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »
The only cool way to deal with pests.

BE A FUCKING MAN!
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »
This is really weird, I've actually been working on a design for quite a while. Here's my prototype, any constructive criticism would be appreciated.

*snip*

First, the mouse is scarred the Ekans card and runs into the vuvuzela. When he comes out the top he jumps down onto the Guitar Hero 2 (NOT Guitar H 3 or Rock Band, this is very important) controller. Because of the drop between the vuvuzela and controller platform there is no where else to go but to make the jump onto the broom handle. Now, the broom handle is supported only by a really big rubber band, so when it tries to grab on he will inevitably slip and fall into the trombone mute... Trapped, forever.
I wasn't laughing until I saw the keys... Sorry. :lol

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 01:40:05 PM »
This thread is destined for archival.

Edit: Is there a reference I'm not getting with the keys being laid down next to all the traps?

Offline TimmyHiggy

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »
:rollin
The keys on the ground of every mockery is the killer!
<br />

Offline TimmyHiggy

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:40 PM »

Edit: Is there a reference I'm not getting with the keys being laid down next to all the traps?
Yes, look at my first post...
You people are far too observant!
<br />

Offline glaurung

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:44 PM »

What? Keys attract mice. How else are you supposed to lure them into the area?

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »

Yeah, really. Where have you been?

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 01:45:36 PM »

With this, perhaps?

Offline Ultimetalhead

• The Mighty Masturbator
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 01:50:40 PM »
Anyway, glau. Your trap looks like it has potential. The only real suggestion I'd have for that one is maybe consider using a cup mute so that if the mouse happens to miss the entrance it could still impale itself on the ridges. The entry point might be a bit small too. Maybe try out a tuba mute?