Author Topic: Call for Sharia Law in Australia  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Riceball

• It's the economy, stupid.
Call for Sharia Law in Australia
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »
This guy is mental:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/pm-go-and-let-the-muslims-take-over/story-e6frg6nf-1225991362018

Long and short of the article is this self-appointed Siddiq-Conlon dude reckons the Australian Government has no right to legislate; his replacement? Sharia law, which he says is inevitable for Australia.

I don't want to come across as racist, but its this extremist dicks that cause all of the angst between Australians and Muslims in my country. I know plenty of Muslim people and they are good people, but I can already tell our televised media will get wind of this and it has the real potential to whip up a storm similar to the one that caused a race riot in Sydney a few years back.

Thoughts?
I punch those numbers into my calculator and they make a happy face.

A $500 Musical Odyssey: Now accepting nominations

Offline Voyage 34

Re: Call for Sharia Law in Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:03 PM »
I don't want to come across as racist

Islam isn't a race, so I think you're safe.

Anyway, this is interesting because wasn't there a call of the use of Sharia Law in the UK but only for Muslims, while everyone else will use the actual laws? This guy wants all of Australia to use it. Honestly if Muslims are going to continue to stir up stuff like this, then they shouldn't be surprised when no one else in the country likes them.
"Thank you god...for making me an atheist."
                                                --Ricky Gervais

Offline Riceball

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »
I don't want to come across as racist

Islam isn't a race, so I think you're safe.

Anyway, this is interesting because wasn't there a call of the use of Sharia Law in the UK but only for Muslims, while everyone else will use the actual laws? This guy wants all of Australia to use it. Honestly if Muslims are going to continue to stir up stuff like this, then they shouldn't be surprised when no one else in the country likes them.

Haven't had a coffee yet...

Edit: With coffee in hand :tup

I suppose in principle, its what Britain did to the US and Australia (showed up, imposed their laws and did away with the incumbent system of governance, among other things), but to just come out and say that the Government has no right to legislate? Mate, your argument is stuffed before anyone will listen.

I'm all for multiculturalism, but these people who reckon they can come into a society, impose their on laws and set up their own systems (this applys to religion also); the world doesn't work like that anymore (in the west anway). People like that really grind my gears.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:47:34 PM by Riceball »

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
Unrelated, but I was considering making a thread proclaiming Australia's demise because of the floods and inevitable housing market crash that's to come.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Riceball

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 08:34:17 PM »
Unrelated, but I was considering making a thread proclaiming Australia's demise because of the floods and inevitable housing market crash that's to come.

Go for it, would be an interesting discussion.

Offline jsem

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 03:06:45 PM »
"including democracy"

HAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

It's just funny with these radicals. Democracy isn't something any1 worships.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 03:10:53 PM »
any1?

o_O

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline jsem

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
I was referring to this:

"The first is to persuade Muslims they must hate "taghoot", the worship of any God other than Allah, which includes democracy."

Offline Riceball

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
I lold when he equated democracy with religion; one of the many times he proves himself a nutter in the article.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 08:21:13 PM »
Why would someone ask for something they know is not gonna happen, no matter how dumb that shmuk is he knows it's not gonna happen?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Riceball

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
Why would someone ask for something they know is not gonna happen, no matter how dumb that shmuk is he knows it's not gonna happen?

Australia's media have a habit of giving nutjobs airtime/column space; we get this kind of crap all the time.
In terms of his motivation, I would agree I don't know why he would call for it because it has less than zero chance of happening.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 01:20:02 AM »
I'm sure a lot of fundamentalist Muslims do believe that Islam will eventually take over the globe. Just like some Christians believe Jesus will come back and rule the earth some day.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »
Fundamentalist extremist Muslims -minority but for some reason the most famous- believe the final victory will be fall of Israel as a country and all Muslim nations -including Palestine merged into one with other religions paying extra taxes to live in these countries just like the old days, the taxes thing is because other religions wouldn't be allowed into the army so it's like a fee they pay for being defended.
Of course, more logical ones just dream of having the Al-Aqsa Mosque in Muslim hands, a place I personally wish to visit one day.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:23:58 PM by metty »
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline shadowfex

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 05:00:14 AM »

Do it!

I am still living with my parents and will not be purchasing a house at these ridiculous prices (may consider renting to be less of a burden on my parents lol).

"Once he had forests and mountains that were only his - listening to him. Once he would run through the summer days catching memories for ages to come. Now he is dressing this naked floor with his flesh and blood, and time passes by. His trade of pain might just have lead him to deal with consequence for some change as time passes by"