Author Topic: How Could Someone Do This?!  (Read 8269 times)

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: How Could Someone Do This?!
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »
Adami, in all seriousness, you almost singlehandedly make it very difficult for me to not lose faith in humanity.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 06:10:17 PM »
Adami, in all seriousness, you almost singlehandedly make it very difficult for me to not lose faith in humanity.

Oh well.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 08:21:24 PM »
I know everyone is really quick to jump on this doctor, but what about all of these countless mothers who chose to get this done?

Voice of reason.

Not trying to condone his actions or anything though.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 08:54:44 PM »
Ugh.

I feel sick.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
You know, because they're women.
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 08:59:21 PM »

Oh well.
lol.

I agree with the people saying it's just as much the mothers' faults, if not more so.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
You are not LHK.

Offline icysk8r

• DTF Resident Magician
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • www.bedeceived.com
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 09:04:26 PM »
You are not LHK.
I hardly ever change my titles.  I just didn't want to derail the thread by making the joke in my post.

Also, El Barto, check your PMs if you see this.
www.bedeceived.com

ZOMG WHAT'S AT BEDECEIVED.COM?

I DUNNO!  CLICK THE DARNED LINK TO FIND OUT!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 03:58:44 AM »
"Bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses "were scattered throughout the building," Williams said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

Holy shit!!  This mofo is nuts.  But seriously, the women surely would have known what was going on when they went in.  They went there for this to happen.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Vivace

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 08:10:31 AM »
I'm sorry but this thread pisses me off to no end. I hope it gets closed. The callousness here is beyond words to describe.  :tdwn
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 08:31:49 AM »
I'm sorry but this thread pisses me off to no end. I hope it gets closed. The callousness here is beyond words to describe.  :tdwn

When the forum closes down, you won't have to wonder why.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Vivace

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2011, 09:36:48 AM »
Actually Bosk, I would just move it over it the Political/Religious Forum. It's the direction the thread has moved. Just a suggestion. Granted the news story is worth sharing (perhaps) but I certainly don't read the General Discussion forum to hear opinions on Abortion.  :-\
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »
The human race is a particularly nasty species of animal. If we are created in God's image he royally screwed up and apparently that's impossible.. We need a new flood.
The doctor is f*cked up but as others have said, the mother is worse.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2011, 11:35:41 AM »
I don't know how I would say is "worse."  It's just a bad and incredibly sad situation from any angle.

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2011, 11:46:22 AM »
it's selfish, but it makes you appreciate your life a little more knowing you didnt have a crazy, whacked out mother who went to this length to prevent you from being born.  yes? no?
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline LeeHarveyKennedy

• Who is posting?
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Oh my God, LHK is posting! How can that be?
Re: They're nuts over there, naming people Kermit and Bam and stuff!
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »
I'm not really sure that this story makes me appreciate life any more. If anything, it simply makes me glad that I don't live in Philly.
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!  THIS is why LHK is the President of Awesome.

Why is everything you post the best thing ever said?  :lol

LHK is beyond EPIC.
 :hefdaddy

Offline The Texas Pirate!

• RIP VG
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Bow down before me
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
"Bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses "were scattered throughout the building," Williams said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

Holy shit!!  This mofo is nuts.  But seriously, the women surely would have known what was going on when they went in.  They went there for this to happen.

Gosnell and four workers were charged with murder, while five others were charged with controlled drug violations and other crimes.
Why werent the women that had these babies killed, charged as well?

:yarr
My new Phone number

1-956-TTP-0028

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2011, 09:22:36 PM »
Might as well move this to P/R now.

Offline The Texas Pirate!

• RIP VG
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Bow down before me
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2011, 10:25:08 PM »
Might as well move this to P/R now.

The woman was 6 months pregnate, she went to abort the kid and its only the doctor and his staff that gets screwed? Fuck that, if that woman was smoking crack  and the baby died, Y'all'ed be in an uproar.
My new Phone number

1-956-TTP-0028

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2011, 10:28:38 PM »
It's an abortion, right? And they are legal. This one is just a little more radical. The mothers, while fucked in the head, really are not committing a crime.

Offline j

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »
They're considered "late-term" abortions, which are illegal.

Regardless, it's inconsistent as fuck to be outraged by this and yet still think that it would be biologically and ethically different had they been aborted in the womb.

-J

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:51 PM »
I was unaware that later term abortions were illegal, so my bad.

And I agree and disagree with your second point. I agree that, through both forms of abortion, the doctor is basically killing a baby (and I'm ok with that but that is besides the point.) However, in a third trimester abortion, the baby feels it, and that isn't cool. Alright, if you want to end the life of your kid in the first few weeks, alright. Ok, it had a heart beat, whatever. But once is feels the fucking scissors going into its back and feels its spinal cord being ripped apart, that isn't cool.

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2011, 10:59:30 PM »
it seems like the emotion and reaction of the living and breathing child is what is most f'ed up about this.  it's brought into the world, out of the womb ALIVE with a beating heart as someone just mentioned, then killed? mother is WRONG and doctor is WRONG.
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline j

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2011, 11:15:32 PM »

And I agree and disagree with your second point. I agree that, through both forms of abortion, the doctor is basically killing a baby (and I'm ok with that but that is besides the point.) However, in a third trimester abortion, the baby feels it, and that isn't cool. Alright, if you want to end the life of your kid in the first few weeks, alright. Ok, it had a heart beat, whatever. But once is feels the fucking scissors going into its back and feels its spinal cord being ripped apart, that isn't cool.

Yeah, I agree with your basic sentiment. :tup

-J

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2011, 04:23:06 AM »

Killing as long as someone can't feel it is okay? I'm stocking up on cyanide as we speak.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline j

« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2011, 07:26:43 AM »
 :lol Yeah, I was trying to avoid a full-blown P/R debate outside of P/R, but it may be inevitable.

-J

Offline Ħ

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2011, 08:29:22 AM »
I read this topic yesterday night, and I kept thinking about it as I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't.  This is just terrible.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2011, 08:41:44 AM »
Eric Cartman: (On the phone) Hello. Is this the University of Colorado Biology Department? Great, uh I understand you're currently doing research on stem cells? Kewl, because I'm currently in possession of some aborted fetuses that I'm looking to unload? Uh, how much do you pay? No, no, come on, ah I got a guy who's gonna give me eighty dollars a pound right now. How about a hundred? Oh you're breaking my balls- I, I'll think about it.

(Next shot)

Bosnod Medical Group? Yeah, I called earlier about the stem cells and the fetuses? Okay, hi Randy, yeah. Oh yes, they've been kept in a cool temperature, yeah. These are primo fetuses, Randy, I wouldn't jerk you around. So what can your company give me for 'em? Oh Randy, you're breaking my balls here. You're breaking my balls, Randy.

(The next shot)

Oh please! Okay, you tell me where you can get aborted fetuses for seventy cents on the dollar? You tell me, Chuck? Yeah, I didn't think so-You know, I'm just like the fetuses, Chuck. I wasn't born yesterday, either. Uh huh. So are you gonna talk to me, or are we just gonna keep bull shitting each other? Breakin' my balls, Chuck.

(The next shot)

I gotta unload these fetuses, you wanna do some research. Are we talkin' here or what? You're breaking my balls. I'm telling you, if you let this deal pass you by, you're making a fetal mistake. That's a joke A hundred ten. Alright, alright, we got a deal. Good bye. (Cartman hangs up the phone) Damn, I'm good.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Quadrochosis

• DTF.org Alumni
  • We Are Not Alone
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2011, 08:51:21 AM »
:lol
space cadet, pull out.
The only thing I enjoy more than Frengers is pleasing myself anally via the prostate.
"From my butt, I can see your house..."

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »
This guy is just a speck on a map of horribleness.

Although I do feel empathetically towards the babies and fetuses, this statement is very true, and hence I can't really relate to the more emotional reactions in this thread.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »
EDIT: Nevermind. I misread Cole's post.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:25:33 AM by Perpetual Change »

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: They're nuts over there, naming people Kermit and Bam and stuff!
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 11:20:49 AM »
I'm not really sure that this story makes me appreciate life any more. If anything, it simply makes me glad that I don't live in Philly.

Hey. Philly's not all bad. We have Cheesesteaks at least

For those of you who may not fully understand the abortion issue: Abortion is legal for first and second trimester, but illegal in the 3rd.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 11:27:14 AM »
Hey. Philly's not all bad. We have Cheesesteaks at least.

The very least.  ;)

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »
I think up here in the Great White North it's legal to abort a fetus right up until nine months.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »
I think up here in the Great White North it's legal to abort a fetus right up until nine months.
That's awful.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Pirate

• Yeah buddy
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »
Meh, a fetus is a fetus.