Author Topic: Coachella (makes me sad)  (Read 1138 times)

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Coachella (makes me sad)
« on: January 18, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
My cousins go every year... I had the opportunity to go in (2007?) when Roger Waters closed the show, but back then, I didn't give a rats ass. Anyway since then I have been keeping an eye on the lineups... and this year, I am severely let down...

I WANT TO GO TO HIGH VOLTAGE but I get to choose between this... and Ozzfest
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bmc

Re: Coachella (makes me sad)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 03:28:14 AM »
im actually quite excited for that lineup. and DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979 IS REUNITING! Never have i wanted to go to coachella so bad. But the theme of Coachella this year seems to be "Read the Smaller Fonts"
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:48:01 AM by bmc »
Quote from: SinisterMinisterX
Both "feel" longer than they are (in a good way).

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 03:53:53 AM »
There has to be a band there that I REALLY want to see... or else it's not worth it for me..
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bmc

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 04:09:59 AM »
ive been getting into a lot of indie stuff lately, plenty of bands i want to see.  Black Keys, Interpol, Cee Lo, Sleigh Bells, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Arcade Fire, Animal Collective, Mumford and Sons, Bright Eyes, One Day As a Lion, Paul Van Dyk, Cage the Elephant, The Swell Season, Shpongle, Kanye West, The Strokes, The National, Death From Above 1979, Ratatat, HEALTH, Phantogram.  Wow i wish i had the money to go to california...
Quote from: SinisterMinisterX
Both "feel" longer than they are (in a good way).

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 04:38:16 AM »
Not a terrible lineup, there are a few bands who I'm really interested in, and a decent number that I know I'd enjoy seeing even though I'm not really familiar with their stuff. Certainly not mindblowing though.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 05:59:01 AM »
Eh, not the best festival lineup I've seen.  Bonnaroo 09 had a pretty awesome one.  Coheed, Springsteen, Umphrey's, Volta, and a bunch of others I know I'm forgetting.

Boy that second day of Coachella is 2 indie 4 u.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:34:49 AM »
last year was MUCH better (PT, Muse, Faith No More, Mew, Mute Math, Coheed, As Tall As Lions).

Menomena (minus Brent Knopf), Foalls, Warpaint and Gogol Bordello I guess are the best names there this year.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »
Holy shit I wish I could go to that.