Dream Theater > Dream Theater

JP on Jimmy Fallon 1/14/11 (Sort Of)

(1/6) > >>

PetFish:
So Jimmy often has guest musicians play with The Roots and they're set next to the band on the audience side.  So today during the intro music I notice there's more guitar than usual so I'm thinking it's a guest guitarist.  So, Jimmy comes out at the end of the intro and they cut to a wide shot and standing their noodling is a guy with a bright orange EBMM, black shirt/jeans, short black spiky hair and a black goatee... and I immediately perk up saying "wait, is that? no, it can't be, no way JP is on Fallon".

And he wasn't.  It turns out it's Steve Lukather but I swear to cow it's JP from 2005.  Same JP look and guitar from that era.

Man, I almost crapped myself, it was pretty sweet.  If you're west coast you can check it out for yourself in a couple of hours or check it out online tomorrow.

PS - Remember when we always thought Conan would be the likely place for DT to ever get on national TV?  I believe that hope now falls on Jimmy and there's a great chance it actually could happen.  His show is more music-centric than any other past or present late show and considering all of the obscure and cool music he's already had on his show, AND he's in New York, I think it really could happen when the new album comes out this year.

Perpetual Change:
Cool story bro.

Adami:
Tale of mild temperature sibling.

tri.ad:
 :-\

GMD?

TheMadgician:
I think I'd be sad if DT got on Jimmy Fallon. I mean, it's Jimmy Fallon. That's barely a step above George Lopez.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version