Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Most disappointing song live?

(1/9) > >>

perfectchaos180:
In your opinion what was the most disappointing song live either in person or on the dvds? This isn't asking for the worst song live, just one you had high expectations and it just didn't live up to them.

For me I have to go with Solitary Shell on the last Prog Nation tour. Not saying that they played it poorly, I was just really close on the opposite side of Petrucci and all I heard was the bass drum and Myung the whole song. Part of what makes this song great for me is the little intricatcies with the guitar and the non bass drums, and I couldn't really hear any of it. The song just didn't mix well where I was at, and it just ended up being a let down unfortunately.

walmartsecurity:
When I went to my only DT show back in 07, for the SC tour, I was mildly disappointed with how the band sounded from my position. I was in the front row, right in front of Myung, and, like your experience, the drum kicks and the bass basically dominated everything else. I could hear JR's keys and JLB's singing well enough, but I couldn't make out JP's guitar very well for most of the show. That made some of the songs underwhelming for me, especially their older songs. I could barely hear his clean tones, one particular part I was really looking forward to. Oddly enough, when he switched to his 'Train Of Thought' era guitar, I can hear it very clearly.

At first I thought that my front row spot wasn't so great, then I looked up and saw John Myung, and everything was ok.  :lol

Most disappointing song? As much as I dislike saying it, Surrounded(extended) didn't have much impact on me, simply because I could barely hear the guitars.

Chino:
I get bummed every time I hear the intro of PMU. I love the song, but it bores the hell out of me live.

bosk1:
Probably Scarred.  It is a top 10 DT song for me.  But both times I've seen it (as well as on some of the live releases), it just hasn't lived up to expectations.

OptionalPlayer:
Jeez. I don't know. Probably none. There have been disappointing parts to a song though.

I know I was disappointed when I saw this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y38tfrbFU7U

I was at the show. I was so excited to hear the song, but then there, my mind imploded.

This was the setlist:

As I Am  
This Dying Soul  
The Mirror  
Beyond This Life  
Hollow Years  
Only a Matter of Time  
Endless Sacrifice  
Finally Free  

New Millennium  
Caught In A Web  
Another Day