Author Topic: Uh huh huh huh...we're like back and stuff  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Uh huh huh huh...we're like back and stuff
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2022, 11:18:36 AM »
JD, this isn't a shot at you or your wife because I get what she is saying, but I don't consider Airplane! to be "stupid humor" at all, at least in the same ballpark that Dumb and Dumber is.

But for some reason that not even she can explain, Beavis and Butthead really crack her up. The only explanation she can come up with is “I basically knew those guys” and I think I can say the same thing. Not exactly, but I think a lot of people can say they knew someone in junior high who reminds them of B&B

Lots of Mike's characters were based on people he's encountered in his life. He has talked about it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOGZa1slBSw
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline dparrott

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2022, 12:30:31 PM »
huh uh huh this movie is gonna kick ass!

I'm a huge B&B fan since the 90's.  Still cracks me up.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline jammindude

"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline jammindude

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2022, 10:37:28 PM »
I’m waiting til tomorrow…but I’m wondering if anyone else can give their personal opinion in the form of “This sucks!” Or “this is cool” huh uh huh huh

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2022, 10:11:31 PM »
Forgot it was out already. I'm going to try and watch it this weekend.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2022, 10:03:52 PM »
Just watched it. Loved it. Mike really brought back the fire Beavis hard in this one. Also like what I can only imagine was a subtle nod to Office Space.

I laughed at the stupidest, dumbest things but that is the beauty of these guys.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jammindude

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2022, 11:44:21 PM »
Jocular. Quite mirthful.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2022, 01:45:16 PM »
I haven't watched this yet despite being a massive Beavis fan.

I'm not intetested in subscribing (paying) for Paramount+, however, apparently they have a Free 30-day trial.

Assuming it's not a headache to cancel, I might sign up for the 30-day free trial.

This along with the new Bryan Cranston movie "Jerry and Marge Go Large" I may be up for watching with the free trial.

Offline jammindude

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2022, 01:49:47 PM »

I'm not intetested in subscribing (paying) for Paramount+, however, apparently they have a Free 30-day trial.

Assuming it's not a headache to cancel, I might sign up for the 30-day free trial.

This along with the new Bryan Cranston movie "Jerry and Marge Go Large" I may be up for watching with the free trial.

If you’re a Star Trek fan, Strange New Worlds is EASILY the best ST show in 30 years. Not even close.

EDIT- we originally got Paramount plus just so my wife could watch the new Star Trek shows. But we were thinking about shutting it off because of how horrible discovery was. But now that strange new worlds has turned out so fantastic we’ve actually decided to keep it.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2022, 11:06:56 PM »

If you’re a Star Trek fan, Strange New Worlds is EASILY the best ST show in 30 years. Not even close.

EDIT- we originally got Paramount plus just so my wife could watch the new Star Trek shows. But we were thinking about shutting it off because of how horrible discovery was. But now that strange new worlds has turned out so fantastic we’ve actually decided to keep it.

I'm not interested in any of the new Star Trek shows as long as Alex Kurtzman is involved.

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2022, 10:36:00 AM »

FYI: In the US, at least, you can get Paramount+ as a "channel" on Amazon.  It's the same price, and Amazon channels are really easy to turn on and off.

I'm not interested in any of the new Star Trek shows as long as Alex Kurtzman is involved.

He's got a producer credit, but he's not a show-runner.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2022, 03:15:21 PM »
new series...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DSSDUI0Cis

want to see it..I do worry though the commenting on music videos seems to be totally gone now, which someone needs to ask Mike Judge about. Why exactly?..cost/royalties I suppose, but they are at their best with them.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2022, 10:09:43 AM »
I would have to imagine cost. When they were on MTV he had access to the videos that way. MTV doesn't know what a music video is anymore so he would probably have to contract out with each artist/label and I can't imagine that is worth the cost/time.