Author Topic: Arch/Matheos - v. Winter Ethereal COMING MAY 10th, 2019!  (Read 54576 times)

Offline jammindude

Re: Arch/Matheos
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
5 FW alumni’s!!!! This is going to be awesome!!!
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Online devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2018, 11:38:44 AM »
Thomas Lang, Bobby Jarzombek, Baard Kolstad, Mark Zonder, Matt Lynch: unreal lineup of drummers :omg:
Waiting anxiously for this album!
RodrigoAltalf, is that the news Ray told you in privacy in that interview?
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »
HELL YES.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2018, 04:51:51 PM »
Hell yes - a new record on-tap soon.

Metal Blade Records
54 mins ·

Arch / Matheos re-signs with Metal Blade Records; begins work on new album

Photo credit: Mark Cubbedge

Metal Blade Records has proudly re-signed Arch/Matheos for a worldwide deal!

Arch/Matheos began as a reunion between founding Fates Warning members John Arch (vocals) and Jim Matheos (guitar), who hadn't collaborated since John Arch's solo EP, A Twist Of Fate (2003) - and hadn't fully collaborated for a whole album since Fates Warning's Awaken the Guardian (1986). In 2010, the duo began working on a record together and brought along three Fates Warning members to the fold. The five members would in turn release their debut album Sympathetic Resonance in 2011, under the name Arch/Matheos.

Since then, John Arch and Jim Matheos have kept busy with their other projects - but now the time has come for them to join forces once again, for a new Arch/Matheos release, due out 2019 via Metal Blade Records.

John Arch comments: "The desire and commitment from both of us is first and foremost, but the impetus to move forward with another A/M project fell in good part on how well 'Sympathetic Resonance' was received, and how the fans have continued to show their support through a variety of mediums, stating they would like a follow-up effort. The timing for Jim and I seems to be right and things are coming along nicely. We look forward to sharing the results with you soon!"

Jim Matheos adds: "It's great to be working with my old friend John Arch again. We push each other creatively in ways that brings out the best in both of us, I think. We've come up with what I hope is a worthy successor to 'Sympathetic Resonance', and a great lineup of musicians to help us bring it to fruition."

Already featuring special guests Thomas Lang, Bobby Jarzombek, Baard Kolstad, Mark Zonder, Matt Lynch, Steve Di Giorgio, Joey Vera, Sean Malone, Joe DiBiase, and Frank Aresti - with more to come! - this upcoming Arch/Matheos album is currently being tracked, with Jens Bogren (Fates Warning, Opeth, Devin Townsend, etc.) handling mixing duties in November. Stay tuned for more news coming soon!

To purchase Sympathetic Resonance, please visit: https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladereco…/band/arch-matheos. To watch the video for the album track "Midnight Serenade" (directed by David Brodsky / www.davidsbrodsky.com), head over to: https://youtu.be/IwcL04CYews

Arch/Matheos online:
https://www.facebook.com/archmatheos/
https://twitter.com/archmatheos

:tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup

Offline King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »

Metal Blade Records
54 mins ·

Arch/Matheos began as a reunion between founding Fates Warning members John Arch (vocals) and Jim Matheos (guitar), who hadn't collaborated since John Arch's solo EP, A Twist Of Fate (2003) - and hadn't fully collaborated for a whole album since Fates Warning's Awaken the Guardian (1986). In 2010, the duo began working on a record together and brought along three Fates Warning members to the fold. The five members would in turn release their debut album Sympathetic Resonance in 2011, under the name Arch/Matheos.

Since then, John Arch and Jim Matheos have kept busy with their other projects - but now the time has come for them to join forces once again, for a new Arch/Matheos release, due out 2019 via Metal Blade Records.

John Arch comments: "The desire and commitment from both of us is first and foremost, but the impetus to move forward with another A/M project fell in good part on how well 'Sympathetic Resonance' was received, and how the fans have continued to show their support through a variety of mediums, stating they would like a follow-up effort. The timing for Jim and I seems to be right and things are coming along nicely. We look forward to sharing the results with you soon!"

Jim Matheos adds: "It's great to be working with my old friend John Arch again. We push each other creatively in ways that brings out the best in both of us, I think. We've come up with what I hope is a worthy successor to 'Sympathetic Resonance', and a great lineup of musicians to help us bring it to fruition."

Already featuring special guests Thomas Lang, Bobby Jarzombek, Baard Kolstad, Mark Zonder, Matt Lynch, Steve Di Giorgio, Joey Vera, Sean Malone, Joe DiBiase, and Frank Aresti - with more to come! - this upcoming Arch/Matheos album is currently being tracked, with Jens Bogren (Fates Warning, Opeth, Devin Townsend, etc.) handling mixing duties in November. Stay tuned for more news coming soon!

To purchase Sympathetic Resonance, please visit: https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladereco…/band/arch-matheos. To watch the video for the album track "Midnight Serenade" (directed by David Brodsky / www.davidsbrodsky.com), head over to: https://youtu.be/IwcL04CYews

Arch/Matheos online:

:tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup
18 thumbs up pretty much sums up how I feel about this.  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline bill1971

Re: Arch/Matheos - New 54 min album in 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2018, 05:24:48 PM »
That is very cool news. Sympathetic Resonance is an amazing album. Haven't heard it in a while but now I feel the need to play it.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »

Metal Blade Records
54 mins ·

Arch/Matheos online:

HELL YES. Dat lineup of drummers and bassists... :hefdaddy Also God, I hope they get Mike Abdow to come in for a few solos.
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2018, 08:28:09 PM »
My body is ready.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »
Yoooooooooo I thought we'd never get another one. That's great!
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che Biographer and Historian
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Memory flows...like a river.
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
p.s. to the OP -- the album isn't 54 minutes. That was when I grabbed the post from Facebook (54 minutes after it had been posted).
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Pre-order now at www.roadstomadness.com!

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »
Best news of the year!  :metal

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2018, 10:59:56 AM »
Cool news! But now I'm really scratching my head why Ray left Redemption. He'd have plenty of time to handle two bands, especially since Jim is busy with A/M.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Arch/Matheos - New album in 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #222 on: August 18, 2018, 12:43:15 PM »
I doubt it would ever happen, but I would pass out in happiness if A/M did a short tour of the east coast.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #223 on: August 18, 2018, 01:58:07 PM »
Awesome that Sean Malone is going to be a part of this; he's a fantastic bassist.

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #224 on: August 18, 2018, 02:04:08 PM »
Somebody asked MP on twitter why he isn't a part of this, to which he replied:

Actually, Jim asked me to do a few songs and I just don’t currently have any time available... :sad:
https://twitter.com/MikePortnoy/status/1030622034412359683

Too bad for MP to be so busy with his 87 bands that he couldn't record a couple songs with them, but I'm relieved, since he doesn't need to be involved in everything that happens in the prog world, as he sometimes inteds to be.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2018, 02:50:25 PM »
yeah, however I absolutely LOVE the work he did on A TWIST OF FATE.

maybe a raincheck?... :azn:

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2018, 04:42:17 PM »
yeah, however I absolutely LOVE the work he did on A TWIST OF FATE.

maybe a raincheck?... :azn:

Pretty much this. MP’s performance in A Twist of Fate is probably his most original drumming and probably my favorite MP drumming performance

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2018, 05:15:32 PM »
Twist of fate is so damn good.

Online Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #228 on: August 21, 2018, 05:32:50 AM »
Just read this, this is some cool news. Sympathetic Resonance is a stellar record, hope they can come up with something similar, quality wise.

Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2018, 06:30:16 AM »
I was hoping for a new OSI, I liked SR but it's not something I actively go to listen to.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: August 21, 2018, 08:07:00 AM »
I am looking forward to the new A/M album, but have to admit that I am bummed that Fates seems on the back burner for awhile. I had so much fun on the last two album cycles, with Theories being (for me) one of the top three albums in the Alder-era. I mean, its a great high point to take a break on, but at the same time, it is the exact wrong time too.  :lol
Roads to Madness: The Touring History of Queensr˙che (1981-1997) - At the printer! Out in May 2024!

Offline T-ski

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »
I am looking forward to the new A/M album, but have to admit that I am bummed that Fates seems on the back burner for awhile. I had so much fun on the last two album cycles, with Theories being (for me) one of the top three albums in the Alder-era. I mean, its a great high point to take a break on, but at the same time, it is the exact wrong time too.  :lol

They are not in the back burner. Spoke to Jim last Friday and said they will be starting the writing process once the Queensryche tour ends. Jim may also have some of the music written and may need less time since a 2020 date has been mentioned. He also mentioned that FW signed a two album deal with Metal Blade as well so they will be (presumably) working on new music in the near future (besides the 2020 FW release).

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2019, 10:42:28 AM »
Any mentions of OSI in those talks?

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #235 on: March 26, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »
Any mentions of OSI in those talks?

Unfortunately, I didn't ask him about it. If someone else talk to him, please ask him that!!  :rollin

Offline SoundscapeMN

Re: Arch/Matheos - v. Winter Ethereal COMING MAY 10th, 2019!
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2019, 11:13:52 AM »
for those who didn't see the links

Preorder:
https://www.metalblade.com/archmatheos/?fbclid=IwAR1jsUkNncF9Z4l1hCYIuhGoQYnGBqw4GjYQEdG93HIpZCu5MmFfbtUn4jc
Bandcamp:
https://archmatheos.bandcamp.com/album/winter-ethereal

Press Release

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=660383437729349

Arch / Matheos reveals details for new album, 'Winter Ethereal'; launches video for first single, "Straight and Narrow"

Winter Ethereal will be released May 10th on Metal Blade Records. A video for the song "Straight and Narrow" is available now for streaming. Watch the video and pre-order the album in various bundle packages at http://www.metalblade.com/archmatheos

In progressive metal circles, the names of guitarist Jim Matheos and vocalist John Arch are spoken with due reverence. With the former having been a driving force in Fates Warning for thirty-five years, and the latter the original front-man of that band, they also have a single seminal work under the Arch / Matheos banner, 2011's Sympathetic Resonance. In 2019, they have reunited to follow that record up with Winter Ethereal, a more stylistically varied and perhaps deeper collection that explores a lot of sonic territory over the course of nine immersive tracks. "This stems from both of us trying to step out of our comfort zones a bit, sometimes voluntarily, sometimes being pushed," states Matheos. "Having worked together so many times, it would be easy to fall into the same way of doing things, and I think we were both interested in exploring some new areas." Arch concurs and adds: "Each song is notably different from the next, and nothing sounds repetitive. It is not a concept album, but somehow after a full listen from start to finish, there does seem to be continuity between the songs that I can't describe. At over an hour long, I think the fans will agree that it is a full listening experience."

Winter Ethereal will be available in the following formats:
-digipak-CD
-black / white marbled swirl (US exclusive - limited to 700 copies)
-clear w/ blue smoke (US exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
-180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
-blue / red marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 300 copies)
-ice blue marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 200 copies)
-white vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 100 copies)
-white / black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive - limited to 400 copies)
* exclusive bundles with shirts, plus digital options are also available!

Winter Ethereal track-listing

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2019, 11:57:31 AM »
Cool. Looking forward to it. Love the new song.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #238 on: March 26, 2019, 02:29:50 PM »
Song kicks ass.

Arch has been my favorite singer for a while now and he continues to satisfy across the board. Can't wait for the new album. And if they play some live shows, I will definitely try and attend  :metal

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #239 on: March 26, 2019, 07:08:39 PM »
I love that song!  John sounds amazing, and I like when Jim plays more aggressively.   :metal

Online PowerSlave

« Reply #240 on: March 26, 2019, 08:08:52 PM »
On my first listen I didn't really like the song, then after a couple more times through it really got me. I think that might be the most aggressive lead playing that I've ever heard from Jim.

On a side note, I didn't recognize the bass player. Can someone clue me in?
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline The Walrus

• goo goo g'joob
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • PSA: Stairway to Heaven is in 4/4
« Reply #241 on: March 26, 2019, 08:34:35 PM »
Arch's vocal lines are so freaking strange and unpredictable and that's one reason I love Sympathetic Resonance so much. This is just more of what I wanted when I got into Fates Warning a couple years ago. Still jam those early albums but Arch/Matheos is just so interesting to me. I really dig this song and can't wait for the album.
From a Mega Man Legends island jamming power metal to a Walrus listening to black metal, I like your story arc.
"I don't worry about nothing, no, 'cause worrying's a waste of my time"

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2019, 08:38:15 AM »
I went ahead and ordered the blue smoke vinyl from Metal Blade that is limited to 300 copies. It looks cool, and is an experiment for me. This is going to be the first release from a favorite band of mine that I won't be buying a CD. Just the vinyl with download code. I noticed that I listen to everything digitally. I haven't played an actual CD, other than just getting it in the mail at work and popping it into the car stereo on the ride home, in a decade. I just rip a disc and shelve it. However, when I'm at home, if I want to listen to music, I don't go for CD. Just for vinyl, and if I don't have vinyl, I play the digital version, not the CD.

So Winter Ethereal will be an experiment for me. Already spending 33 bucks on it, and it has a download code. Figured it was a waste of money to buy a CD for another 13 bucks.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
Pumped for this one!  Kinda bummed that only European customers are being offered the t-shirt/cd bundles though, according to the pre-order links.  Why no bundles for the U.S.?   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 02:44:20 PM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2019, 03:50:41 PM »
That song was pretty enjoyable.  Looking forward to this one.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.