Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Anyone want more "outsider"-sounding things on DT11, such as 7:15 from ItNoG?

(1/6) > >>

Aniland:
"In the Name of God", 7:15. That little break where the drums take on an almost club feel... I love that moment, because the timbre is so different from what a Dream Theater album typically contains. Does anybody else hope that they experiment more with that sort of outsider sound on the new album?

King Postwhore:
I'd like to see an outside producer but they won't do that.

The Letter M:

--- Quote from: Aniland on January 09, 2011, 07:04:24 PM ---"In the Name of God", 7:15. That little break where the drums take on an almost club feel... I love that moment, because the timbre is so different from what a Dream Theater album typically contains. Does anybody else hope that they experiment more with that sort of outsider sound on the new album?

--- End quote ---

I like those little things, but I also LOVE the screaming vox in the background right after that part. Also, I think JR plays that "drum" part. I wonder if that was his idea or Mike's? Anyone know the story behind that "club drum" part?

-Marc.

Aniland:
You mean where LaBrie is harmonizing in screams behind his regular self? That's such an awesome part too. Really, that song has some of their most striking subtleties. I especially love how the end shows them all just kinda going to town on their own instrument with such power. (SO HEAVY SO POWAH), and LaBrie singing "Glory glory hallelujah" in that hushed tone makes it all the more sweet.

hefdaddy42:

--- Quote from: Aniland on January 09, 2011, 07:17:12 PM --- LaBrie singing "Glory glory hallelujah" in that hushed tone makes it all the more sweet.

--- End quote ---
I don't think that's LaBrie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version