Poll

Will The New Dream Theater Album Be There Best In Years?

Yes
78 (54.5%)
No
11 (7.7%)
It will be quite bad actully
2 (1.4%)
You have some Spinach between your teeth
26 (18.2%)
Same as the last few
26 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Author Topic: Will the new album be their best in years?  (Read 12563 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Re: Will the new album be their best in years?
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2011, 08:12:29 AM »
I would like to see The Shattered Fortress at least.
No thank you.

:tick2:
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2011, 08:13:13 AM »
I would like to see The Shattered Fortress at least.
No thank you.

:tick2:
I second that.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2011, 05:44:58 AM »
I voted their best in years. Below is some interesting stuff said by JLB that I found on the JLB forum as posted by Irock:

"Hey, thanks. Can't wait for you to hear what were doing in the studio. It is kicking major ass." - James

> "@Piratecjs it's been almost 20 years after releasing "Images & Words". If only the new album could have that soul which had this one...Oh :)" - Xsharkpen
"@Xsharkpen we'll have that magic happening. Just for you....;-)))" - James

> "@Piratecjs: James, even though I don't like Dream Theater much as I used to, you've always been one of my favorite vocalists. You rule, man." - @michaeldermot
"@michaeldermot Thanks man. I think we'll change your mind with the next disc. Cheers" - James

Hope you enjoyed it.

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2011, 08:47:12 AM »
> "@Piratecjs it's been almost 20 years after releasing "Images & Words". If only the new album could have that soul which had this one...Oh :)" - Xsharkpen

As exciting as this potentially is, you have to realize that it's ridiculously common for bands in the studio to liken their new material to [fan-favourite album].
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2011, 08:55:10 AM »

As exciting as this potentially is, you have to realize that it's ridiculously common for bands in the studio to liken their new material to [fan-favourite album].

Yeah, i know it, but anyway, it keeps me excited till the announcement of the new drummer. ;D

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2011, 11:02:05 AM »
Indeed.

Although does nobody else find fans saying "Hey man, I like you guys, although not as much as I used to. Can't you go back to how you sounded 20 years ago?" a bit crappy?

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »
Indeed.

Although does nobody else find fans saying "Hey man, I like you guys, although not as much as I used to. Can't you go back to how you sounded 20 years ago?" a bit crappy?

Sure, that's what I was thinking too. Geez! Who does he think he is?!?!? Just like "what you do is shit now : I've never been able to go beyond I&W, it's so perfect!" :laugh:(Yeah, I'm exaggerating a little).

B.Lee

Offline dongringo

« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 11:20:33 AM »
Indeed.

Sure, that's what I was thinking too. Geez! Who does he think he is?!?!? Just like "what you do is shit now : I've never been able to go beyond I&W, it's so perfect!" :laugh:(Yeah, I'm exaggerating a little).

B.Lee

You're definitely not alone on this. It's incredibly rude and tunnel visioned. A lot of PT fans were the same way when The Incident came out. It would suck if DT stopped experimenting. They are too good of musicians for that.
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 11:44:57 AM »
Well, I don't think it's rude really, as they were pretty respectful about it. I just think it's not a particularly cool thing to say to someone from the band.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »
Well, I don't think it's rude really, as they were pretty respectful about it. I just think it's not a particularly cool thing to say to someone from the band.

Well, I don't think it's rude either, it's just a little awkward.

B.Lee

Offline ricky

• say what now?
  • aka "the big nasty"
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2011, 03:08:02 PM »
Yes, it will be their best in years.
There is so little respek left in the world, that if you look it up in the dictionary, you'll find that it has been taken out.

Uncle Ricky wants YOU to show some respek