General > General Music Discussion

Marty Friedman-Scenes- Recommend me something similar

(1/1)

Lowdz:
I've always been into guitar shredders like JP, Satch, Vai, Vinnie Moore etc, but I absolutely love the Marti friedman Scenes and Introduction albums. I've got most of his stuff since but nothing has been in the same vein as those two albums, and I don't really have anything else that is.
Anyway, can anyone recommend anything similar, guitar orientated, the exotic scales, laid back approach but still with a hint of rock about it. Quite like Kittaro's Ki but it's just missing an electric guitar.
i've tried some New Age stuff but it's all a bit hippy or too synth-y for me.
Thanks in advance.

wkiml:
Michael Hedges 

Lowdz:
yeah I've been aware of Michael Hedges since the 80s as he was in all the guitar player magazines with his weird harp/guitar thing, and whilst he was awesome and I like some of what I've heard it does fall into the "too hippy" category for my purposes. Thanks for the reply though! Seems no one else has any ideas.
Slightly different to what I was asking, I picked up on the Buckethead thread and some of his stuff is in the ballpark.

jsem:
Definitely. He's got 30 studio records so just dive right into it and you'll eventually find something

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version