Author Topic: Stacked Humbucker Recommendations?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
Stacked Humbucker Recommendations?
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Hey all,

Just recently got a Tele for my birthday and I'm wanting to beef it up to get some metal tone out of it.  I'm looking for a stacked humbucker to fit into the single coil cavity as I don't really want to dig out any wood.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I'm looking at Seymour Duncan Hot Rails at the moment, which I know Dave Murray uses... I'm liking the look of them at the moment.

Cheers.

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: Stacked Humbucker Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
I use the Super Distortion on my guitar and I know there's a Telecaster version called the Super Distortion T. It's pretty beefy and you can even get some hair playing clean if you pick/strum hard enough. Can't find any sound clips though.

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:47:48 PM »
That sounds like a good 'un, thank you.  It looks pretty similar to the hot rail.  Do you use the push/pull pot?

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 06:26:38 PM »
Not often. I'm pretty much either pure bridge or pure neck for my pickups. I should experiment with those sounds though.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 03:16:49 PM »
I don't think the Hot Rails and Super Distortion T are stacked humbuckers, I think they're just regular humbuckers that are made to fit in a single coil slot. They still sound like humbuckers, although a bit different than a full sized one. An actual stacked humbucker sounds almost exactly like a single coil, but without the noise, like what Yngwie uses.

Anyways, if you're looking for a humbucker sound in a single coil size, the Super Distortion T is AMAZING. Super beefy, fat, yet clear. It's an awesome pickup.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline sneakyblueberry

• put me in coach
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 01:13:16 AM »
I don't think the Hot Rails and Super Distortion T are stacked humbuckers, I think they're just regular humbuckers that are made to fit in a single coil slot. They still sound like humbuckers, although a bit different than a full sized one. An actual stacked humbucker sounds almost exactly like a single coil, but without the noise, like what Yngwie uses.

Anyways, if you're looking for a humbucker sound in a single coil size, the Super Distortion T is AMAZING. Super beefy, fat, yet clear. It's an awesome pickup.

Oh really?  Well then, thats what I'm after :lol  I don't want single coil tone!