Author Topic: Days of the New  (Read 1086 times)

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
Days of the New
« on: January 07, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »
Does anyone here like this band? I think it's amazing. Before Post-Grunge was labeled as mediocre genre in which all the bands sounded the same, there was Days of the New. I had always been searching for a band that sounded like what Alice in Chains did in SAP and Jar of Flies and what Godsmack did in The Other Side, and I think this band might be just that, specially with such an awesome album as their first one.
Discuss.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Days of the New
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 04:18:01 AM »
I always wanted to check this band out.  The only song I've heard from them is Touch, Peel and Stand.  It was all over the radio back in the late nineties, killer song.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »
I have both of the early releases I recommend checking out early Tantric as well, Travis basically fired the entire backing band and they formed Tantric
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 08:29:24 AM »
I have their 3 cd's.  The first one is the best. As wkiml pointed out, Travis fired the band after the first CD.  Tantric's first 2 cd's are a must. I like their second better.  Titled,  After We Go.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 08:52:19 AM »
I always wanted to check this band out.  The only song I've heard from them is Touch, Peel and Stand.  It was all over the radio back in the late nineties, killer song.
Check out Whimsical by them. I love that song.

Offline j

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:42:22 AM »
I like 'em, but I only have their first album.

-J

Offline aparadoxindeed

• Guitarist, Songwriter, All-Around Music Nerd
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »
I love the first two Days of the New albums, but could never find a copy of the third one.  Green is my favorite of the first two though... it's much elaborate sounding so the prog side of me gets all excited!  Travis is a great vocalist!

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:01:41 PM »
I have the first album, and it's a fun listen. It gets old pretty quickly, though. I haven't picked up the second two albums because, having listened to them, they seem like they're just re-hashing the same stuff.