Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)  (Read 202373 times)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The Official Football (REAL Football (Soccer)) Thread [merged]
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2011, 05:20:08 PM »
Congrats Emindead, turns out that diving and cheating does make the difference. :)
That's not really news, by the way. :P

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
And that's completely unfair and simply not true. The only guy who dives in the team and I hate it as much as the next guy is Sergio Busquets. I hate when he dives.

The truth is that you haven't seen a better team playing football in your life. :p This is a great opportunity for every single living person who enjoys football.

Look at the way Barcelona dominated yesterday's game, that's the sum of how they played this season. They are the better team right now. There's nothing left to say. Messi is the best player in the word. Deal with it. He never has a yellow card because he doesn't play rough, he plays football and you can see it in every match. He takes a lot of shit and you say nothing about it. Most of the time he's in the ground because he receives too many tackles. Apparently there's no other way to stop him. That's why he occasionally gets mad and throws the ball away. And you simply know it. So, please, don't dismiss Barcelona in that way.

And trying to praise Mourinho when he has no class, no class whatsoever when it comes to play the game. He has no class inside and outside the court. Just listen to his declarations. Josep Guardiola handled it great and had his payback (after losing against Inter last year).

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2011, 12:55:19 AM »
LOLNO they fucking put the water sprayers for the field right after they lost, and thats not really classy.
But god, this game was a total rape. but I still find the Barcelona playing style really boring.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2011, 02:32:13 AM »
And that's completely unfair and simply not true. The only guy who dives in the team and I hate it as much as the next guy is Sergio Busquets. I hate when he dives.

Aren't you forgetting Dani Alves, Mascherano, Iniesta, Xavi, Villa, Pedro and Messi?  ;)

I do think that Barcelona deserved to win against Man United, they were the better team in that game and they didn't get much help from the referee, AND they didn't actually dive much during the final.
However, fact remains that they should've gone out against Arsenal already, if not for the referee who decided to rape Arsenal with a few advantages for Barcelona.
And if not there, then probably against Real, a team that also got raped by a few advantages. ;)

Also, I don't think that Barcelona plays shit-football, I just don't like the way they play it.
I mean, as I see it, it's passing the ball in sideways for about 5 minutes, then a pass forward to Messi, Villa or Pedro, and maybe a goal-chance.
I just don't care for their playing-style at all, personally I love teams who can attack from their own penalty-box and score in maybe 3-4 passes and in 30 seconds, something I've never seen Barcelona do, because they always have to pass in sideways before going forward.
It's also very hard for me to sympathize with Barcelona because of how they act on the pitch, I really dislike diving, trying to affect the referee's opinions and whining.
It's for the same reason I dislike some of Man United's players, like Nani, who is great, but seriously should stop diving and such. :P

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2011, 04:29:19 AM »

However, fact remains that they should've gone out against Arsenal already, if not for the referee who decided to rape Arsenal with a few advantages for Barcelona.
And if not there, then probably against Real, a team that also got raped by a few advantages. ;)

It's funny ow everyone mentions this but noone says anything about last year when Barcelona got ripped off agains Inter on both games. Why are people trying to diminish Barcelona's acomplishments? The referi made some mistakes against Real Mardid for sure, but he did for both sides because on both games there were a couple of players that should have been ejected of the game after commiting several fouls.

Anyway, Barcelona did a great match against MU and deserved the win. All 4 goals where really good. I'm sad because Van der Sar had to retire losing the final.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2011, 05:01:18 AM »
I actually watched Barcelona-Inter last year, and I can't remember Barcelona getting any particular things against them.
If anything, Inter got a very cheap red-card very early on in the first half, which obviously gave Barcelona huge advantages.

Again, I'm not really trying to take away anything from Barcelona, they won fair and square against Man U, my only question is.. if they are 'the best team in the world', how come they need the help from the referees?
I'm not saying that was the case in the final, but against Arsenal and Real for example, without getting a cheap penalty against Arsenal, and without that cheap red card on RVP, Barca would've been out back then already.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »
Wow Reading are getting owned in the play-off. 2 nil down and very lucky they're not down to 10 men too

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2011, 08:42:41 AM »
A colleague of mine is a huge Reading fan.

I will lol if they get battered

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2011, 08:45:26 AM »
A colleague of mine is a huge Reading fan.

I will lol if they get battered
Looks like that's going to be the case, 3-0 now!

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »
I actually watched Barcelona-Inter last year, and I can't remember Barcelona getting any particular things against them.
If anything, Inter got a very cheap red-card very early on in the first half, which obviously gave Barcelona huge advantages.

Again, I'm not really trying to take away anything from Barcelona, they won fair and square against Man U, my only question is.. if they are 'the best team in the world', how come they need the help from the referees?
I'm not saying that was the case in the final, but against Arsenal and Real for example, without getting a cheap penalty against Arsenal, and without that cheap red card on RVP, Barca would've been out back then already.

There are two that I remember that changed the global result. First was Milito's goal when he was offside. Second was the goal that Toure scored but was then invalidated because of a handball that was clearly non intentional.
There were lots of other fouls the referee did not whistle in the middle of the field.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2011, 11:35:47 AM »
LOLNO they fucking put the water sprayers for the field right after they lost, and thats not really classy.
But god, this game was a total rape. but I still find the Barcelona playing style really boring.
Um, welcome to real life. There's no team that in their right mind will allow the other team to celebrate in their own stadium. This is common sense. Nothing to do with class. When Porto won the last clásico that gave them mathematically the league, they started to celebrate in the field... and got the lights of the stadium shut down. Of course it was going to happen, nobody made a fuzz about it because no owner will allow that kind of humiliation. (Mourinho bringing Figo to the Camp Nou, a classless act, very much in his style.) I think that everyone knows this.

There are two that I remember that changed the global result. First was Milito's goal when he was offside. Second was the goal that Toure scored but was then invalidated because of a handball that was clearly non intentional.
There were lots of other fouls the referee did not whistle in the middle of the field.
This is certainly true. I remember I screamed at the TV when the ref invalidated that legitimate goal... and I let it go instead of being a sore loser. Refs occasionally (although it seems more often than not :p) make mistakes. In that case, Inter didn't deserve the cup, Barcelona did... that's bullshit.

I just don't care for their playing-style at all, personally I love teams who can attack from their own penalty-box and score in maybe 3-4 passes and in 30 seconds, something I've never seen Barcelona do, because they always have to pass in sideways before going forward.
You mean goals like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrao0ROwpAM

Oh, yes. Please, Barcelona. Never, ever score goals like this piece of art. No one likes them. ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 12:38:06 PM by emindead »

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2011, 12:25:59 PM »
That goal is pretty lol, I mean.. I'm so glad the defense of teams in PL aren't that bad.

Also, great to see Swansea in PL. :)

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: May 31, 2011, 05:33:12 PM »
I guess I'm an Arsenal fan..... seeing they are owned by the same owner as (The REAL football) St. Louis Rams... :lol :corn  Go Stan!!!!! :yarr

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: August 12, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »
Time for a bump in this thread, tomorrow (or well today) Premier League will finally start again.
I don't think I've ever had this big of an urge for some football, even though there were some U21-games during the summer, nothing really comes close to Premier League, and after a turbulent summer with a lot of action on the transfer-market, this season might be closer then ever.
Initially I had plans on making a huge sorta "guide", with what all the teams had bought/sold, and their situations and such, but I haven't had much time in the last few days, and a lot of things are heating up now and will probably not be resolved until after the league-start, so I'll probably just settle with this wall of text.

Some thoughts about transfers and some of the teams:

Manchester United have done interesting purchases in the transfer-market. The loose against Barcelona was tough, but I think we've gotten some really good players, which will improve the squad further.
De Gea and Jones are two brilliant young players, and speaking of young, Ashley Young is a great addition to our midfield.
Chelsea on the other hand haven't done much, though the small things they have done might have a huge impact on how they will perform as a club. André Villas-Boas is a really interesting coach, and Lukaku is a really interesting player, considered by many to be the "new" Drogba, only time will tell.
Arsenal have had a pretty slow summer, with the additions of Gervinho from Lille, and Jenkinson from Charlton, their transfer-season is almost coming too late. Fabregas leaving for Barcelona and Nasri for Manchester City, the additions of Campbell and Oxlade-Chamberlain won't fill those spots right away.
A lot of talks about possible replacements like Mata and Hazard, but I think Wenger should focus on a really good defender for starters, Cahill would be a good addition.
I think Ramsey will do a Wilshere this season, and fill the shoes of Fabregas perfectly.

Liverpool have done some interesting transfers, players like Downing, Adam and Jose Enrique are by no means world class players, but they have performed well in Premier League, and the two former will most likely assist Carroll with many goals.
City are still City, one of the best teams on paper, but when it comes to actually performing... not as strong. They have quality, but their style of football is just as attractive as watching Blackburn Rovers versus Wolves.
Tottenham are still in desperate need of a GOOD striker, the 4 they have are not even good if you would combine them, and Spurs can kiss the CL-spots bye bye unless they bring on a really good striker, I would say that they should go for Llorente, Adebayor or Falcao.
Sunderland however, is the team I'm almost the most eager to follow this season. Being a middle-team, they have done some really good additions to their squad, players like Brown and O'Shea from Man U, then other good players like Larsson from Birmingham and Wickham from Ipswich.

The first fixtures in Premier League: (games in bold are the ones I'm going to follow on TV, I also added how I think the games will end)

Saturday 13th August 2011:

Blackburn Rovers vs Wolverhampton Wanderers   [X]
Fulham vs Aston Villa [X]
Liverpool vs Sunderland [1]
QPR vs Bolton Wanderers [1]   
Wigan Athletic vs Norwich City [X]   
Newcastle United vs Arsenal   [2]

Sunday 14th August 2011:

Stoke vs Chelsea [2]
West Bromwich vs Man United [2]

Monday 15th August 2011:

Man City vs Swansea [1]

--------------

For those who haven't heard, Tottenham - Everton was post-poned due to the riots in London.
I hope you'll all follow PL now. ;)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2011, 12:25:59 AM »
Oh yeah, finally PL is starting again! I'm hoping and thinking that Man United will win the league again, with Chelsea as the only real other contender for the title. It will be interesting to see Man City this year, they have a lot of world class players, but I don't think it's their year this season. Liverpool will be a little better than last year, but I think (and hope) that Arsenal will flop this year. It seems as they are losing Fabregas to Barcelona, and probably Nasri too soon. They are really hard to replace, and the transfer window is closing soon.

I've been longing for the Premier League to finally start, our own Swedish league (Allsvenskan) isn't really that interesting :P
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #190 on: August 13, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
I wish US soccer wasn't such a joke. Then maybe I could be a fan, but right now there's not enough going on for me to watch.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #191 on: August 13, 2011, 03:35:25 AM »
Looking forward to the start of the season, even though Arsenal have been selling all our good players. :sadpanda:

If we can get Van Persie to just NOT GET INJURED AGAIN we might stand a chance.

I be am boner inducing.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #192 on: August 13, 2011, 03:36:11 AM »
I wish US soccer wasn't such a joke. Then maybe I could be a fan, but right now there's not enough going on for me to watch.

You can always follow the other leagues.
I agree with what Zydar said, our league here in Sweden (Allsvenskan), the highest football league is about equal (quality-wise) to Championship in England, which is their second league.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and guess the end-table, now I'm going 100% on gut-feel and not what I hope. :P
I think PL might end something like this:

1. Arsenal (I think they might surprise everyone)
2. Man United (I think they will win Champions League though)
3. Liverpool
4. Chelsea
5. Man City
6. Sunderland
7. Tottenham
8. Everton
9. Stoke
10. Aston Villa
11. Fulham
12. Bolton
13. West Bromwich
14. Queens Park Rangers
15. Swansea
16. Newcastle
17. Wigan
18. Wolverhampton
19. Blackburn
20. Norwich

Just a guess, obviously I hope that Man United will win, but after the last years, I wouldn't mind much if Arsenal got to win something.
I kinda like Wenger, and I think Arsenal might surprise people.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #193 on: August 13, 2011, 03:39:22 AM »
Looking forward to the start of the season, even though Arsenal have been selling all our good players. :sadpanda:

If we can get Van Persie to just NOT GET INJURED AGAIN we might stand a chance.

Did you see the video I sent you on Facebook? That one is hilarious.  :lol

As for Nasri and Fabregas leaving, I think it might be positive for Arsenal.
Both are star-players no doubt, but Nasri is kinda one of those 'seasonal'-players, really good when he's at is best, but completely invisible the rest of the year.
He's also one of those "typical" Arsenal-players that can't shoot when an opportunity comes, but instead passes the ball to someone else.
Fabregas had a fairly poor season last year, he was injured a lot, and when he did play, it looked like he was just running around and didn't really try much.

For the harmony in the team, this is probably the best thing Arsenal could have done.
Finally they end the Fabregas-story for good, Barcelona have been jerks about it in the media, but it's no surprise that it has affected Arsenal and made it harder for them to focus on other stuff.
As for Nasri, he has been whining for quite a while now, and I don't think he had his heart in Arsenal fully.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #194 on: August 13, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
1. Arsenal
7. Tottenham
ಠ_ಠ

As a Spurs fan this is not exactly how I envisage the end of the season haha. With the team (finally) coming into form pre-season and Kyle Walker back to give us more strength in defence I'm hoping for another good season for Tottenham, although I think Harry needs to pull his finger out and sign at least one striker before the window closes. Lennon is looking particularly sharp and if he's back on form with Bale fully fit after his injury, along with van der Vaart and a new striker then I think we could have one of the best attacking forces in the league. And here's hoping Brad Friedel gets chosen ahead of Gomes!

I'm not sure how Arsenal are going to perform. Gervinho looks good but van Glassie will inevitably get injured at some point and Fabregas and Nasri will be big losses. I'm also not sure that Wilshere is mature enough to have the midfield built around him, which is what Wenger seems to have planned. The Arsenal game is about to start, so lets see what happens!

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
As I said, Spurs biggest problem is probably Redknapp and Levy.
For some reason, they can't seem to sell the shitty players (Pav, Defoe, Crouch), and at least bring on one good striker.
I'd say that Spurs probably has the best midfield in the league (or one of them at least), but their attackers aren't good, and I'm not quite sure who will be their first keeper, Gomes is known as one of the bigger soaps in the league, and Friedel is pushing 41 soon.

As for the results today, I'm a bit surprised that QPR got crushed by Bolton, but all I can say is... welcome to PL.
Liverpool - Sunderland was not a bad game, but it was easy to see that some of the players weren't that match-fit. (Suarez for example)

Watching Arsenal now, and I don't really think people should worry too much over the loss of Nasri and Fabregas.
This Arsenal in the first half is Arsenal as we have seen it the last year(s) with or without Nasri/Cesc, their biggest problem seem to be that RVP is the only player inside the penalty-box.
However, Gervinho looks promising, so Arsenal might just win this tough game.
Might also add that Szczesny looks really impressive, considering his age he has been very calm and controlled the defense fairly good.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »
Well all the controversy surrounding Barton as usual. I think he's a fantastic player, shame about all the nonsense. Maybe he should have been sent off along with Gervinho, but then Song should have been sent off earlier for sure, so maybe justice has been done

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »
Barton is a disgrace for football.
But seriously, I'm really ashamed over the quality of the referee's in PL, which used to be so good, but now I feel like Howard Webb is the only referee who almost always does a good job.
Gervinho fell easily, but he was on his way up without complaining, when Barton started grabbing him, and even gripping his throat for a brief moment, but apparently that is correct behavior on the football-field.
I also noticed that there were loads of yellow cards today, despite neither Pool - Sunderland or Newcastle - Arsenal being 'ugly' games, to me it feels like 90% of the cards were BS.

As for the result, I think a draw was a decent result for Arsenal.
Sure 3 points would have been better, but Newcastle away is a tough game, and I don't think neither Man U, Chelsea or City will just go up there and earn 3 points, the interesting part is how Arsenal will handle Liverpool next weekend, and then Man U away the next weekend after that.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2011, 01:00:25 PM »
Those games will be a challenge for Arsenal. I though Gervinho was your best player today, and now he'll be banhammered for three games. No point in him appealing it either, because although there's no doubt he was provoked, he did raise his hand to Barton's head and that's that. Arsenal will need Walcott and Arshavin to get into gear quickly, because they were pretty anonymous today and neither supplied van Persie with decent balls.

All in all, pretty quiet start to the season, but big games coming up tomorrow and monday, plus Spurs have yet to have their first game, which will obviously make the whole league much more exciting  :biggrin:

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2011, 04:58:10 PM »
Well, I'm actually a United-fan. ;)
Just watching Arsenal a lot because they play (IMO) the best football in England, though Man U have started playing much more attractive as well.
Plus, my dad is a huge Gunners-fan, so I get to see them a lot because of that as well. :P

As for what you said, I think Gervinho was good today.
The red-card was foolish, but the ref should have sent off Barton as well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 05:06:24 PM by Zantera »

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »
Ah whoops, my bad, I assumed you were a gooner because you speak so highly of them. United are by far my favourite of the so called 'big four' and I agree that their football is amongst the most attractive in the world. I disagree with your comments about Barton though. Yes he is a dickhead, but I think someone would only label him 'a disgrace to football' based on his history. Sure he provoked Gervinho, and some would say he grabbed Gervinho by the neck (although the camera angle was inconclusive during the live broadcast) but an occurance of equal or greater magnitude takes place every week, and the instigators of those are not labelled 'disgraces' based on those moments alone.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #201 on: August 14, 2011, 02:51:56 AM »
One thing I've thought about a lot after the game was this...
Gervinho took a dive, but the referee did not stop the game, the ball was still in play.
When Gervinho was on his way up, out of nowhere... Barton runs up and started manhandling him, why wasn't Arsenal given a penalty then?
It sure was violent conduct, and the ball was still in play. :P
In my book that would have been a penalty, but instead the ref let the whole situation go out of hand, and he wasn't really objective about it when he only showed Gervinho the red.

Anyhow, I really look forward to the games today.
Chelsea will be interesting to see with their new coach, and I can't wait to see Man U go into PL. :)
I really hope De Gea get's a good game today, because some people were very critical about him after Community Shield, and I think people suck, because if a player doesn't impress with his first 2 games or so, then he is forever a bad player in their eyes.
Really hoping for a Man U win. :)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #202 on: August 14, 2011, 03:23:28 AM »
Well, that was a lol-worthy start to the season for us. :lol

I agree with Jimmy that Arsenal probably play the nicest football, but I think Man U play the best football, which is a little different. I'm sure they'll have no problems today!

I be am boner inducing.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #203 on: August 14, 2011, 01:05:56 PM »
Feels really nice with 3 points today, though not that good that both Rio and Vidic got injuries.
Man U is the only team out of the big ones that have actually won so far, even though City will most likely win tomorrow, still.. great start. :)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: August 14, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
Yep, great start for Man United! Although I could have lived without the injuries.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #205 on: August 14, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
Yeah, it is rumored that Vidic will be gone for 2 weeks and Rio for 6 weeks.
Hopefully shorter, but I have faith in Jones, Smalling and Evans.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2011, 04:33:58 PM »
Some Champions League-games tonight, Arsenal won over Udinese with 1-0.
The game was pretty fun, Arsenal did a better first half, Udinese a slightly better second half, overall a tough fight.
I do feel like Arsenal should win this overall, I really can't imagine CL without Arsenal being in it, and if Udinese had faced another team, then they would most likely have advanced, but my bet is on Arsenal, even though they have a tough away-game against Udinese.

Tomorrow there will be more CL-games, I wont see any of the games, but I will follow Dinamo Zagreb - Malmö FF, seeing as I'm a Swede myself.
We haven't really had any teams in CL since.. like forever, so even though I don't really cheer for Malmö FF here normally, it would be fun to see a Swedish team to all the way to the group-stage at least, seeing as it would be a huge moneyboost.
I think the football here in Sweden has been fairly low-quality the last years, so it would mean a lot for us here. ;)

Apart from those notes, I am really excited about this weekend.
Saturday will be a huge football-day, starting early with Arsenal-Liverpool, then Everton-Queens Park Rangers, and then finally Chelsea-West Bromwich.
So Saturday will be kinda football-marathon for me, starting at 13.30 and ending at like 20.30, but Premier League... gotta love it!
Sunday looks fairly dull with not so many games, only Bolton-Man City, but I will most likely see it, wanna see how Aguero handles PL, after his debut yesterday.
On Monday I start studying again with a late night-class between 18-20, but I will rush home to see Man United-Spurs, high hopes for that game. :)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2011, 12:22:58 AM »
Yes I'll be seeing Malmö FF tonight, I'm not a MFF fan but I really want a Swedish team to go to CL, it's been many years since we had a team in the group stages.

I'm also looking forward to the games this weekend, TV3 will show some games on Saturday (which I'm really glad about since I don't have the other channels). Arsenal-Liverpool will be the main event for sure, with Chelsea-West Bromwich as another interesting game. And what can you say about Man City... Wow, what a debut by Aguero. Sure it was against a real weak team, but nonetheless. It will be interesting to follow them this season, although I'm a devoted Man United fan.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2011, 09:57:45 AM »
People, Barcelona won yesterday La Copa del Rey. 3-2 against Real Madrid. WHAT A MATCH!!! Even Fábregas played and did an (pre) assistance in the third goal. Best team in the whole world.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »
Yeah I can't believe I forgot to watch that match! I watched the first leg but didn't realise the second was so soon. I don't have any real interest in La Liga but I always watch El Clasico because they're such entertaining games. Is there anybody in the world who wants Real to win except for their fans? They always strike me as trying to play dirty because they can't touch Barca in terms of footballing skills. And Mourinho is a wanker.

Spurs game under-way vs Hearts. Would have rather been playing Champs League football this season obviously, but after the Everton game was suspended i'm just glad to get the season started! And it's already 2-0 after 12 mins!