Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)  (Read 203307 times)

Offline MirrorMask

Re: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)
« Reply #1400 on: July 06, 2016, 02:52:09 PM »
And now we know who's gonna lose the final.

I really can't see anyone else than Germany or France winning.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1401 on: July 06, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »
I hope wholeheartedly that you're right. The Portuguese don't deserve to win this in the slightest. What a fucking disaster this tournament is.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1402 on: July 06, 2016, 02:59:05 PM »
Could've and most likely should've been at least 3 (talking about that DREADFUL Joao Mario rebound) and maybe even 4 goals from Portugal, some poor finishing in the second half. That said, I think Portugal were easily the better team here but I'm favouring whatever team is facing them in the finals.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1403 on: July 06, 2016, 03:04:20 PM »
I hope wholeheartedly that you're right. The Portuguese don't deserve to win this in the slightest. What a fucking disaster this tournament is.

Thousand times this.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1404 on: July 06, 2016, 11:59:50 PM »
Reminds me of the world championship in 2002 where Germany played like shit but somehow reached the final, where they put up at least a decent performance against Brazil but still lost 2-0.

Alright Portugal, your time is up now ;). Hoping they play against Germany because Germany always played good against them in the last tournaments.

Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1405 on: July 07, 2016, 07:09:10 AM »
So how about that fantasy team thing? I've lost interest ages ago and I think I'm not the only one because none of the contenders ever mentions it anymore :lol

I'm mostly neutral on today's game but since I'll be in France during the final I think it would be awesome if they would make it. Special regards to Griezmann who has been my favorite player of the past season, goddamn, what a service he's been to Atleti. Seems like he's picking it up again in this final stage of the tournament too, with a great game against Iceland.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1406 on: July 07, 2016, 07:55:55 AM »
So how about that fantasy team thing? I've lost interest ages ago and I think I'm not the only one because none of the contenders ever mentions it anymore :lol

I'm mostly neutral on today's game but since I'll be in France during the final I think it would be awesome if they would make it. Special regards to Griezmann who has been my favorite player of the past season, goddamn, what a service he's been to Atleti. Seems like he's picking it up again in this final stage of the tournament too, with a great game against Iceland.

I'm making transfers and substitutions every round, so I'm up to date with that Fantasy thing, but I looked at Onno's team and he still has some players from Belgium and whatnot. But overall, it's not that fun when there are only four players participating, I guess.

I planned to go into a pub to watch the final game, but I might cancel these plans if France wins today. I have no interest in France vs Portugal finals.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1407 on: July 07, 2016, 09:16:03 AM »
Yeah, I'm having exams in a little under two weeks so I totally forgot about it  :mehlin

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1408 on: July 07, 2016, 09:17:09 AM »
And you're still in the lead! :lol

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1409 on: July 07, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »
And I wasn't paying attention so I substituted few players more than I was allowed and got negative points :lol and I made some bad decisions, too. Still believing in Muller tho.
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1410 on: July 07, 2016, 12:51:37 PM »
Well, with the least enthusiasm possible, go Germany. When it comes to football, like it happens basically with every neighbour, be it national, regional or a derby between two teams of the same city, Italy and France hate each other so my dislike for the french football team still comes before the resentement against Germany for having kicked Italy out  :biggrin:
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1411 on: July 07, 2016, 01:50:47 PM »
You know, that's probably my emotions talking, but that was the most bullshit penalty kick on this Euro I've witnessed.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1412 on: July 07, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
Can German players please stop jumping into balls with their hands in the air, thanks.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1413 on: July 07, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »
Are you seriously proud of this, France!? After that abominable first half you played, the best you can do is a goddamn penalty kick? What the ffuck this tournament sucks
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1414 on: July 07, 2016, 02:28:11 PM »
Jesus Christ this referee is terrible
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1415 on: July 07, 2016, 02:29:43 PM »
You know, that's probably my emotions talking, but that was the most bullshit penalty kick on this Euro I've witnessed.
Why? It kinda sucks for germany but it was just an oddly unnecessary move by Schweinsteiger.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1416 on: July 07, 2016, 02:32:15 PM »
Alright game over
Squ

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1417 on: July 07, 2016, 02:39:21 PM »

Yup.

I didn't see any hand-play or whatever it's called, but even if it happened, I think you should've let it slip so you won't break the game with that penalty kick in the end of the first half. It wasn't something too outrageous. I'm all for "let the teams play and decide the winner themselves" and all that; and this penalty kick was the opposite of that.

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1418 on: July 07, 2016, 02:45:18 PM »
I agree with all that.
Squ

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1419 on: July 07, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »
As much as this game annoyed me, I'm probably still rooting for France in the final, just because I detest Portugal.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #1420 on: July 07, 2016, 02:53:46 PM »
I detest Portugal as well, but this French team isn't worthy of the finals either.
Squ

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1421 on: July 07, 2016, 02:54:02 PM »
I'm super stoked!! My favorite player of last season is curremtly leadong the topscorer boards, my ideal two finalists out of the last 4 are playing against eachother and I'm going to see the game in France holy shit!

No hard feelings to the Germans of course, not the most convincing win I'll admit.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1422 on: July 07, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »
Okay then, it was fun following this Euro and this thread. I highly doubt I'll be watching the Finals to be honest.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1423 on: July 07, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »
Looks like this time around the french stopped the germans from reaching Paris.  :biggrin:

At this point to hell with it, let Portugal have their moment in history, only downside of their eventual (and very unikely) victory is Ronaldo being showered with money, women and Best Player awards.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1424 on: July 07, 2016, 03:05:31 PM »
Unless Ronaldo pulls off something spectacular I doubt he'll get the best player award, even if they win. Most likely will go to Griezmann who has been great at worst in every game (bar the first one), really fun guy to watch.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #1425 on: July 07, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »
Fuck Griezmann and fuck his stupid celebratory dance.

Lloris, on the other hand, can have my babies.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1426 on: July 07, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
Ronaldo has already won the Champions League, if he nails also the final the "Golden ball" is his. Especially since in latest years it always seems a two people race only between him and Messi.

Anyway, I've noticed that this Euro has broken quite some "curses":

- Italy defeated Spain, last time was in 1994
- Germany defeated Italy, to quote Frozen, for the first time in forever
- France defeated Germany, last time it was half a century ago or even more

But geez, the french to win something they have to organize it, otherwise they can't  :lol

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1427 on: July 07, 2016, 03:23:17 PM »
I rest my case, club football has nothing to do with the euros so that comparison makes no sense. I think most people are aware that Ronaldo is one of the best players ever but he is always surrounded by world class players in Real Madrid, something he can't quite live up to in this tournament.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #1428 on: July 07, 2016, 11:52:26 PM »
Life is meaningless and full of pain  :'(

Sucks if you lose when you are the better team. But congrats to France for being effective. Germany made two mistakes and France scored on both. And fpr the future Germany has a lot of work to do in the goal scoring department, doesn't help you if you control the game but can't create enough scoring chances. Till the end I got the feeling that even if the game would go on for another hour, Germany would not score a goal.

And not to blame it all on the referee, but I'm still not convinced that the decision to let a referee from Italy lead the game is such a great idea, after Italy got defeated by Germany in the previous round. Dear UEFA, maybe a german referee for the final then?  :biggrin:

But regardless, it was a stupid thing by Schweinsteiger and totally unnecessary.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1429 on: July 08, 2016, 01:09:22 AM »
I found it weird too to give the match to an italian referee, but I thought to myself "Well, Germany kicked us out, with France there's a strong football rivality, he probably just hates them both and thus will be impartial that way"  ;D

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1430 on: July 08, 2016, 02:05:01 AM »

Yup.

I didn't see any hand-play or whatever it's called, but even if it happened, I think you should've let it slip so you won't break the game with that penalty kick in the end of the first half. It wasn't something too outrageous. I'm all for "let the teams play and decide the winner themselves" and all that; and this penalty kick was the opposite of that.

He'd been letting fouls slide all over the place to keep the flow of the game. All ruined by this decision. Maybe France would've won the game regardless, because the Germans couldn't score for shit, but this was gross.

From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #1431 on: July 08, 2016, 02:30:53 AM »
Germany failed to take advantage of their first-half dominance, and paid the ultimate price. I'm so glad France are in the final. The nation deserves something after the year they've had. I hope they destroy Portugal in the final, although if Portugal win, it would be a fair reflection on what has been a dismal tournament overall. If the UEFA teams play like this in the World Cup, it's definitely going to a team from another continent in 2018.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1432 on: July 08, 2016, 03:08:01 AM »
A bit of an early call but Chile are still becoming better every year with a great youth, putting my money on them taking home the 2018 WC

Germany failed to take advantage of their first-half dominance, and paid the ultimate price. I'm so glad France are in the final.
This. Dominant game from germany but no finishing ability, so i cant really say that either side really proved themselves. Then again, how much should one need to prove to take on Portugal?

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #1433 on: July 08, 2016, 03:33:25 AM »
A lot can happen in the two years until the next world championship, but if Chile can keep it up they are one of the favorites, along with the usual suspects I think.

And as I said before, Germany has to be more efficient with their chances. With Gomez out and Müller and Götze underperforming, it was the great problem right from the beginning of the tournament. For instance they should have crushed Ireland but only scored one lucky goal. What good is control of the game if you don't score? They need more goalgetters.

But if Löw carries on (and I'm sure he will) I'm sure he will try to solve this problem.

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1434 on: July 10, 2016, 01:27:02 PM »
France's tactic during the final: beat Ronaldo into injury so that he has to leave the field.

Ok, now I really want Portugal to win.