Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)  (Read 202450 times)

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
Re: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)
« Reply #1155 on: June 02, 2016, 01:01:47 AM »
Colombia :metal

UEFA Europa Cup is starting soon aswell! I hope it won't be a onesided bashing from Germany, part of me still hopes Spain can take it home but I seriously doubt it this year. No Diego Costa and all that since he seems to do terrible in international matches. No Torres either, their frontline is really lacking
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #1156 on: June 02, 2016, 01:27:50 AM »
UEFA Europa Cup is starting soon aswell! I hope it won't be a onesided bashing from Germany

Although I definitely root for them, I'm not convinced that Germany takes the cup home easily, if at all. And it almost certainly will not be a onesided bashing, though I wouldn't mind it.  ;D

They haven't played that well since the world cup.
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1157 on: June 02, 2016, 06:10:15 AM »
Anybody interested in watching Copa America?
If so, which team will you be supporting?

I will, rooting for Argentina of course

And regarding the Euro I like Belgium and think they have chances though the biggest candidates are Germany, Spain and France.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #1158 on: June 02, 2016, 06:42:04 AM »
I'll be cheering for Belgium and England, but I'd be even more excited if an underdog like Iceland (which won its qualification group easily if I remember correctly) made some noise.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1159 on: June 02, 2016, 02:01:42 PM »
I'll be cheering for Belgium and England, but I'd be even more excited if an underdog like Iceland (which won its qualification group easily if I remember correctly) made some noise.

Seeing how England is performing against Portugal today I wouldn't put my money on them...

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1160 on: June 02, 2016, 02:06:20 PM »
Iceland is one of my personal favorites :tup one of my best mates is from Iceland and for them, making the tournament is already a huge achievement, so I hope they'll play their hearts out.

Besides, fucking Holland didn't even make the tournament this year. :sadpanda: Guess I don't have to deal with annoying hooligans on the street on a daily basis this year though which is great
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #1161 on: June 02, 2016, 02:27:44 PM »

Seeing how England is performing against Portugal today I wouldn't put my money on them...

Yeah they've been absolutely terrible
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #1162 on: June 02, 2016, 05:52:47 PM »
Just waiting for the club football to start again

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #1163 on: June 03, 2016, 12:05:54 AM »
Iceland winning the european championship would be a really cool thing but it's very unlikely. But then we had Greece in 2004 who very unexpectedly won the tournament. So anything can happen.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1164 on: June 03, 2016, 08:52:38 AM »
I'm supporting my country Croatia, for sure, but I don't think we have any chance. Going past group stage would be ok, anything else is too much, probably :D (there is too much politics and personal business in our football team)
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1165 on: June 03, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
I'm supporting my country Croatia, for sure, but I don't think we have any chance. Going past group stage would be ok, anything else is too much, probably :D (there is too much politics and personal business in our football team)

I like the Croatian team, specially the midfield. I wouldn't write you off so quickly

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1166 on: June 03, 2016, 12:15:49 PM »

I like the Croatian team, specially the midfield. I wouldn't write you off so quickly
Oh, yeah, great individuals but sometimes they play really badly together :/ however, we do have players that can finish the opponent with few moves :D. we shall see

Offline don_waka

« Reply #1167 on: June 03, 2016, 04:41:40 PM »
Well Copa America will kick off in a few hours. USA will be facing Colombia (great game to watch).

I'll be supporting Chile, what a team they have  :omg:

Offline Zoom E

« Reply #1168 on: June 11, 2016, 04:03:18 PM »
So psyched that Wales qualified for the tournament and that they won their first match.  :metal

Too bad that England couldn't get the job done today.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1169 on: June 11, 2016, 05:55:16 PM »
Anyone interested in fantasy Euro '16? We could create DTF league. https://eurofantasy.uefa.com/en/fantasy16
Also, hyped for Croatia vs Turkey match tomorrow, it's very important for Croatia to win, otherwise it will be almost impossible to advance in next stage.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1170 on: June 12, 2016, 03:28:17 AM »
I could play in this I guess. Never done anything like that before but I'm interested.
This first band is Soen very cool swingy jazz fusion kinda stuff.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1171 on: June 12, 2016, 05:10:01 AM »
I could play in this I guess. Never done anything like that before but I'm interested.
It seems pretty cool. All of us will be three days late but that's ok. I will open a league and anyone can join.
Just pick 15 player in budget, max 3 per team. It's important to pick players who play regularly and those from teams that could advance in later stages (so you can play longer). Points are awarded for goal, assist, clean sheet etc. You can make substitutions every day until 13h CET so make sure to have players who play that day in your starting XI.
Name: DTF
League Code: 45727F0P

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1172 on: June 12, 2016, 05:20:32 AM »
Actually I already had a fantasy team set up but apparently it wasn't on the official UEFA site. I'll join the league and start making a team before the matches.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #1173 on: June 12, 2016, 05:21:59 AM »
Look, what´s up with all the fighting and rioting going on inside and outside the stadiums. I know it happens sometimes, but I don´t remember it being so bad during a tournement only three days in. The behaviour of Russian and Brittish fans was just outrageous.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1174 on: June 12, 2016, 05:48:38 AM »
Yeah, I'll try to do my team in the next hour.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1175 on: June 12, 2016, 06:04:49 AM »
Our league will start tomorrow (matchday 4) because it's past 13h, teams are locked for today now.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1176 on: June 12, 2016, 06:20:55 AM »
Our league will start tomorrow (matchday 4) because it's past 13h, teams are locked for today now.

Oh, that's good, I have some more time to think about it then.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1177 on: June 12, 2016, 11:15:17 AM »
I just realized matchday 2 is after every team plays one match, so we're in on June 15th :\

About today's match Croatia vs Turkey, that goal Modrić scored was magnificent :hefdaddy I didn't like how rough Turkey played and how nervous Croats were, especially late in the game. But only thing that's important is victory in sfirst match.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1178 on: June 12, 2016, 11:34:31 AM »
I just realized matchday 2 is after every team plays one match, so we're in on June 15th :\

This is actually cool because I wanted to pick Bale and some folks from England team too.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #1179 on: June 12, 2016, 11:38:06 AM »

About today's match Croatia vs Turkey, that goal Modrić scored was magnificent :hefdaddy I didn't like how rough Turkey played and how nervous Croats were, especially late in the game. But only thing that's important is victory in sfirst match.
I watched the game and thought it was highly entertaining. Croatia played pretty well and I was rooting for them from the start, so I'm happy!

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1180 on: June 12, 2016, 11:41:30 AM »

I watched the game and thought it was highly entertaining. Croatia played pretty well and I was rooting for them from the start, so I'm happy!
Yeah, too bad they didn't score goal or two more.

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1181 on: June 12, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »
I caught the last ten minutes and I thought Turkey had a decent chance to make it 1-1.

Missed Poland vs North Ireland too, but I'm going to watch Germany against Ukraine. I predict something like 3:0 for Germany.

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1182 on: June 12, 2016, 12:36:44 PM »
I predicted 3-0 for Germany aswell, but then again, I also predicted 2-0 for Poland but the finishing abilities in this tournament seem to fall short for whatever reason.

You didn't miss much with Poland - N. Ireland to be honest, a few missed opportunities for Poland but overall probably the most boring match so far.

I'm actually pretty glad how Croatia - Turkey turned out, Croatia were pretty damn good overall and are a good candidate for #1 of the group in my eyes, could've and maybe should've atleast scored one more considering they had some really good chances. Turkey were not as good as I remember them from qualifications, seems like an easy win for Spain if they play like this again on matchday 2 but they could improve. And Spain could suddenly play like shit again like 2 years ago but I doubt it, really great squad this time around and fortunately no Diego Costa, he really can't perform with the national squad.

Turkey did pretty good in the final minutes of the game yeah, they were also surprisingly attacking in the beginning, but that's just Turkey. They always manage to get really dangerous near the closing phase of a game because they feel rushed or something, but over the course of the game I was kinda disappointed in them. Maybe putting in Emre Mor a bit earlier or in the starting XI would've been better, really liked him. Today showed they can also get pretty agressive, Corluka is quite the juggernaut. :lol

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1183 on: June 12, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »
Really liked Emre Mor too from what I saw. Dude has chops to become a great player.

I know what you mean regarding finishing abilities in this tournament, but I think if there's one team that can pull it off, it's Germany. Looking forward to this match.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #1184 on: June 12, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »
The amount of damage that Corluka was taking in the Croatia game was insane. He was down, like, what, five times, bleeding from various wounds? Huge props for him for soldiering through that.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1185 on: June 12, 2016, 01:00:20 PM »
Alright, let's go. Looking forward to some Martin Atkinson goodness. :D

Offline Train of Naught

• .....and a cockroach
« Reply #1186 on: June 12, 2016, 02:55:10 PM »
Dang, that was a pretty good match! Ukraine put up a really good fight and it remained exciting until the last minute. Really cool to see Schweinsteiger score in his few minutes of playing too :laugh:

Offline Evermind

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1187 on: June 12, 2016, 03:42:01 PM »
Yeah, pretty good game and Ukraine played much better than I expected.

Neuer was really good though. He's definitely making my team in the league.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #1188 on: June 12, 2016, 04:33:38 PM »
We're 7 matches in and last one was the first with two goals difference. And Ukraine maybe even deserved one goal. So, no big victories so far.

Offline Kwyjibo

« Reply #1189 on: June 13, 2016, 03:02:49 AM »
Glad Germany won yesterday but they have to get better than that and I know they can. Ukraine put up more of a fight than I expected, thanks to Neuer they didn't score.

And that Schweinsteiger goal was a cool one. When he was coming on for the last minutes my wife asked (probably rethorically) why Löw brings him for a couple of minutes, he probably can't do much in such a short amount of time. After the goal I said: You see, that's why Löw brought him.  ;D