Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)  (Read 202376 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: The Official Football (soccer) Thread [merged]
« Reply #420 on: February 11, 2012, 11:03:40 AM »
Honestly, they should ban Suarez for the season. His behaviour is bizarre. He even bit a player on the shoulder in our national league over here. (Bakal).  Now he refused to shake Evra´s hand. The guy´s a douche.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline jag66

« Reply #421 on: February 11, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »
Poor game in all fairness. All 3 goals could've been prevented. Obviously overshadowed by the off field antics, I'm trying not to say anything that can turn discussion sour!

Not shocked that Everton beat Chelsea to be honest. I think AVB will gone shortly.

It pleases me muchly seeing Chelsea fail this year.

My prediction (in line with what I hope and what's realistic)

1. Man U
2. Man C
3. Tottenham
4. Arsenal

Offline jag66

« Reply #422 on: February 11, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
Honestly, they should ban Suarez for the season. His behaviour is bizarre. He even bit a player on the shoulder in our national league over here. (Bakal).  Now he refused to shake Evra´s hand. The guy´s a douche.

True. King Kenny is doing himself no favours with his blind support of the guy if you ask me.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #423 on: February 11, 2012, 11:17:38 AM »

+1

Can't stand the guy.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline John94

« Reply #424 on: February 11, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »
I'm "biting my lip" metaphorically on here re: Suarez/Evra.

Meanwhile, didn't see Spurs leading 4-0 against Newcastle.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #425 on: February 11, 2012, 11:38:52 AM »
Suarez is bad, but if they're gonna ban him, then please ban Evra as well.

Offline reneranucci

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #426 on: February 11, 2012, 11:44:03 AM »
Nah, people are paying to much attention to that, and it feels a little bit hypocritical IMO. Taking into account all the insults/aggressions/bad blood that occur all the time among football players, calling someone out because he refused to shake hands is pretty lame.

Offline John94

« Reply #427 on: February 11, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
Saw this video posted on a few sites I'm on after a few people have cast their judgements, alternate angles definitely change the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2GklvY7eQ - hmmm...

Who's to blame there? Plus, they aren't mentioning Evra taunting Suarez after the whistle.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:37 AM »
It's OBVIOUSLY Evra's fault. He pulls his hand off and then tries to reach Suarez like saying "Dude, don't be stupid! Shake my hand!" Pffff Evra doesn't fool anyone. Suarez has always been a dick, but I'm siding with him on this one. And then Evra runs to celebrate in front of Suarez? What a douche.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:22:18 AM by emindead »

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #429 on: February 12, 2012, 07:16:28 AM »
Yeah, well they´re both to blame. Not very professional, though.
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #430 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:03 AM »
Aaron Ramsey scores against Man United - Osama Bin Laden dies the next day.
Aaron Ramsey scores against Tottenham - Steve Jobs dies two days after.
Aaron Ramsey scores against Marseille - Muammar Gaddafi dies the next day.
Aaron Ramsey scores against Sunderland - Whitney Houston dies the next day.

I'm beginning to see a pattern, and I wonder what the hell happens if Ramsey would score a hattrick.  :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #431 on: February 12, 2012, 08:30:19 AM »
Holy shit :lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Connoseur of love
« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
Well, John Guidetti (on loan from Man city) scored his THIRD hattrick this season for Feyenoord. Mmmm....  :angel:

Offline Bill Carson

« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2012, 03:40:15 AM »
Lets get this one straight,
Suarez DID NOT shake Evra's hand !!!
Suarez has apologised along with Liverpool and by doing so admitted to their guilt.
So please no bullsh*t frames showing what you want it to be.
Liverpool have been in the wrong for this whole affair and now they have realised that Suarez is the liar....he always was !
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:23:14 AM by Bill Carson »

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2012, 01:09:02 PM »
And he needs to get the fuck out of football, he is very talented but he is a disgrace, he is a cheater, he needs to go back to his country(Or any latin american league) so he can keep doing what he does best: cheating.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2012, 01:37:51 PM »
And he needs to get the fuck out of football, he is very talented but he is a disgrace, he is a cheater, he needs to go back to his country(Or any latin american league) so he can keep doing what he does best: cheating.

Or he can just join FC Barcelona. Should fit right in. ;)

Offline John94

« Reply #436 on: February 13, 2012, 04:22:29 PM »
Anyway, shame to see Mick McCarthy go, I like the man, tells it as it is. I can see Steve Bruce/Neil Warnock going their now but I'm not sure if Wolves can stay up.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #437 on: February 26, 2012, 09:11:12 AM »
Excellent weekend of football so far. Hope the Carling Cup is exciting, not a Liverpool whitewash.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #438 on: February 26, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »
Spurs just got pounded by Gunners.
And Man U managed to beat Norwich with a last minute goal by Giggs, in his 900th game for the club.

Great weekend.  :)

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #439 on: February 26, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
The Cardiff goal was great news for the neutral. Second half just started...

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #440 on: February 26, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
Really did not see that coming, but a pleasant surprise! :D

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline jag66

« Reply #441 on: February 26, 2012, 02:36:43 PM »

And another brilliant game between 2 of the top clubs. So many belters this season  :hat

Offline John94

« Reply #442 on: February 26, 2012, 02:44:18 PM »
That game was exhausting. So happy we ended our 6 year trophy-less spell. It was a nail-bitter and horrible to watch during the penalties but I'm so relieved we won and hopefully it will lead to better things for Liverpool!

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #443 on: February 26, 2012, 03:32:03 PM »

And another brilliant game between 2 of the top clubs. So many belters this season  :hat
Yeah seriously, just watched Match of the Day and it was a really energetic game, great stuff.

And the Carling Cup final - good lord! That was fantastic stuff. Such a shame Cardiff screwed up at the end, although both teams took pretty terrible penalties. :lol

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #444 on: February 26, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »
What the fuck is your problem?

Or he can just join FC Barcelona. Should fit right in. ;)
Cry more.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2012, 12:43:11 AM »
What the fuck is your problem?

What the fuck is yours?
I don't like cheaters and specially the ones like Suarez. He has the fucking ability to outplay a lot of people and there he goes and cheats and acts cowardly in almost every game he is in.
He sucks monkey dick.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2012, 03:14:53 AM »
Toro, while I agree with you, it's almost useless to discuss the whole diving/"acting like a dick on the field" with emindead, considering his views on the subject. :P

International games this week also. I really don't like it, because I feel like it interferes with the different leagues, and I don't feel as excited watching a country play, as watching a team play. I might watch Sweden though, I do feel like we have a decent shot at going past the group-stage in Euro 2012. (the other teams in the group are France, England and Ukraine) England and France feel like good teams that haven't met their expectations in a while, and I don't know.. Sweden could surprise people.
I would love to see Sweden play something like this:

Guidetti
Elmander-Ibrahimovic-Larsson
               Elm-Källström
M.Olsson-Mellberg-J.Olsson-Lustig
                  Isaksson

Something like that would be pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:02:06 AM by Zantera »

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #447 on: March 02, 2012, 07:31:14 AM »
I dislike Balotelli but I have to applaud him here

When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline rude boy

« Reply #448 on: March 02, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »
Toro, while I agree with you, it's almost useless to discuss the whole diving/"acting like a dick on the field" with emindead, considering his views on the subject. :P

International games this week also. I really don't like it, because I feel like it interferes with the different leagues, and I don't feel as excited watching a country play, as watching a team play. I might watch Sweden though, I do feel like we have a decent shot at going past the group-stage in Euro 2012. (the other teams in the group are France, England and Ukraine) England and France feel like good teams that haven't met their expectations in a while, and I don't know.. Sweden could surprise people.
I would love to see Sweden play something like this:

Guidetti
Elmander-Ibrahimovic-Larsson
               Elm-Källström
M.Olsson-Mellberg-J.Olsson-Lustig
                  Isaksson

Something like that would be pretty interesting.

i've been to swe v cro match on saturday (i'm croat). all i can say is this: if King Zlatan keeps on playing like this, Sweden could be a very pleasant surprise and go very far in EURO. half of the match he wasn't even trying, just walking around minding his own business. and when he felt like it he took the ball, ran with it for 50 m and created goals for his team like a boss. but truth be told, our team generally didn't really feel the need to make it difficult for him  :biggrin:

Offline John94

« Reply #449 on: March 02, 2012, 09:59:59 AM »
 :lol That Ballotelli account is a parody.

Offline Gysten

« Reply #450 on: March 02, 2012, 03:33:58 PM »
All I want from Sweden is to let Guidetti play and him scoring goals, then I know we have a crown prince after Zlatan stops playing.

Would be fun to go through the group too, not the easiest group thought, everyone is a threat. But I can see Sweden winning over Ukraine and England, but France might be harder.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #451 on: March 03, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
Looks like a very great weekend for all Arsenal-supporters. The game today was quite interesting to say the least. Liverpool had most of the opportunities, but when you fail to score them, and face a team with Van Persie in it, anything can happen. It was really one of those "didn't deserve it - but hell we made it"-victories, and I think Arsenal should be very happy with it. Add to that the fact that Chelsea lost their game, and Spurs will surely loose tomorrow against Man United (Mr.Optimist here!) and Arsenal might be able to climb even higher. ;)
Spurs has Everton away next weekend, and Chelsea away after that. It isn't impossible or unlikely that they wont win either of these games, so if the other teams do their thing, Spurs could soon be out of the top4.

Really stoked about Spurs - Man U tomorrow ofc. After seeing Spurs getting crushed by Arsenal last weekend, I have high hopes for a Man United win. Lets face it, if Arsenal (a team that hasn't really peaked their highest form this season) was able to totally crush Spurs with 5-2, Man U should be able to win with higher numbers. Still, a trip to WHL is always hard, but hopefully 3 points are within reach, Man City can't increase their lead more!

Offline John94

« Reply #452 on: March 03, 2012, 01:36:58 PM »
I don't know what to say. You get 12 corners in the match, miss a penalty, hit the post twice.

I'm speechless.

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #453 on: March 04, 2012, 07:04:22 AM »
Villas-Boas sacked.
Honestly I just laugh at Chelsea, with Roman Abramovich as the owner, they will never win Champions League, unless Mourinho decides to come back, but he left the club once because of Abramovich, and why would he come back?
It doesn't work to kick the coach everytime you get a few bad results, while Chelsea haven't been that good this season, the main reason is that the core of their squad consists of players over the age of 30, even 33, 34 and so on.
The only quality player that has been solid this season in Chelsea is Mata, the rest has been so bad. But yeah, let's see what Di Matteo can do with a group of camels.  :lol

So yeah, this means that Arsenal can pretty much feel very comfortable with their Champions League spot, because there's no way Chelsea can fight for it now.

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #454 on: March 04, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
I'm not sure Arsenal have got 4th place wrapped up just yet. Chelsea are not out of it by a long shot - Terry and Lampard are definitely fighters.

It's a shame, but everybody who knows any thing about football could see AVB's sacking coming a mile off though - Abramovich has got himself and and his club into an awful downward spiral in my opinion. He really needs to keep faith with a manager for longer than 1 or 2 years. If Alex Ferguson had been sacked after his first two or three years (which was apparently a real possibility), imagine where Man United would be now.

The word is that Rafa Benitez has been made favourite to replace AVB, which would be an absolute disaster for Chelsea. Mourinho is the obvious (and correct) choice.

Good win for Man United this afternoon, April 30th is beginning to look ever more important.