Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)  (Read 203319 times)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Official Football (soccer) Thread [merged]
« Reply #385 on: January 19, 2012, 07:11:17 AM »
The Spanish Liga needs Premier refs. That's all.

Messi gets stomped, suffers the pain of that incredible act, yet still wins... Where are you trying to get at? Barcelona still managed to do what you said. They won.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #386 on: January 19, 2012, 07:35:12 AM »
Well, my point was that over exaggerating a certain situation to try and force a card is a bit lame.  ;)
But yeah, Barcelona won the game, and I think it was a fair result. Real just seemed like they didn't want to win the game, they didn't play nowhere near as good as they did when the teams met each other in two games pre-season, those games were good.
All in all I got the feeling that neither of the teams really cared much about the game, it was "just" the Cup after all, and there wasn't a lot of chances IMO, two pretty solid defenses.

Another thing I think is pretty interesting is the fact that Barcelona never has injuries on their key players. Sure Iniesta and Xavi might miss a game here and there, but unlike other teams where the key-players can be away for months, that never happens in Barcelona. I bow to their physical trainer, he must be doing something right. And despite all the talk about lots of players tackling Messi rough, he's never injured. I don't know what his bones are made of, but he's like Wolverine.  :lol

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #387 on: January 22, 2012, 03:19:38 AM »
Crazy day of football yesterday, lets hope the big games today are equally as exciting. I'm hoping for a Spurs win over City but I'd settle for a draw, similarly I'm hoping for a draw between Arsenal and Man U but I'd settle for a Man U win!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #388 on: January 22, 2012, 04:04:58 AM »
Can't wait for the two games today!

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #389 on: January 22, 2012, 04:13:33 AM »
Come on, Reds!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: January 22, 2012, 10:34:04 AM »
So nice to see Radamel Falcao García score a hat-trick on yesterday's game against Real Sociedad!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #391 on: January 22, 2012, 11:13:23 AM »
3 points for Man United, but they honestly didn't deserve them.
I almost get angry watching Arsenal, because they should have easily grabbed those 3 points, but the same problems occur every game, and it's hard to blame it on anything.

I think Wenger did a poor game for several reasons. Replacing Chamberlain who was the best player on the field, or if not then Arsenal's best player at least, with a completely useless Arshavin is the best example. Arshavin wouldn't even get a starting place in Bolton's team, the only two things he brings to the table when he plays are A) Missing opportunities that are goals 99 out of 100 times and B) Giving away goals to the other team, today he managed to do B when his poor defending led to 2-1.
The problem is that Arshavin is horrible, yet always comes in with the objective to change the game around with a goal or two, something he hasn't done in ages.
And sending in Park in minute 84? He didn't look bad at all, but what does Wenger honestly expect from a player that never gets to play, and he got a good ~10 minutes of gametime.
Walcott was really bad today, and I don't think a single person could list a reason why he wasn't substituted instead of Chamberlain, other then the fact that Walcott has more experience, but that is a rather poor reason looking at his performance.

Nice with 3 points for Man U, but again.. they didn't deserve them at all.
I feel bad for Arsenal.

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
Oh dear Lord, Messi! Hat-Trick... just because he can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzXP2LUGfw

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #393 on: January 23, 2012, 12:45:31 PM »
Ugh, Balotelli's such a cunt. A four game ban doesn't seem enough for what he did.

Offline bugsyoz

« Reply #394 on: January 23, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Mighty Reds fan here

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: January 25, 2012, 06:13:36 PM »
You want real football? To the top of its level? Watch the replay of today's Clásico. Fuck, what a good game (and yo, Zantera, Real Madrid played better! Doesn't matter, had sex!)

Enjoy this gem by Dani Alves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_cfL86Gspk

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2012, 01:42:05 AM »
Can someone get me in the loop? I haven't watched any games in a almost a year.
What interesting leagues or cups are going on right now?
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2012, 01:54:20 AM »
Can someone get me in the loop? I haven't watched any games in a almost a year.
What interesting leagues or cups are going on right now?

I am the most interested in the English Premier League, I've always been interested by English football. La Liga is always about the same two teams each year, so that's kind of boring - but sure, both Barcelona and Real Madrid play outstanding football. Serie A is a little more unpredictable since both Milan, Juventus, and Napoli are in the title race. And now Inter seems to be heading towards the top again too.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #398 on: January 26, 2012, 02:07:48 AM »
I did watch the El Classico, and while it was the best El Classico I've seen in a while, I still think it's a bit overhyped atm.
Mostly because there are 5000 situations throughout the game where the referee has to stop it, which ruins the flow a bit, but what's up with Spanish Production having 3648 replays of everything?  :lol I rarely watch Spanish football, but everytime I get the feeling that they roll replays here and there, zooming in players faces to get some form of reaction, I just thought that part was a bit silly, cause I never see that in Premier League, Ligue 1 or Bundesliga. :P

The game itself was interesting, rarely you see Real dominate Barca on Camp Nou, but I'd say Real were the better team quite easily. The first game wasn't much to talk about that Barca won, but this time it was a much more even game and more interesting.
I sort of feel for Real, cause even though they had game against Barcelona's goal through the first half, Barcelona managed to score 2 goals out of thin air near the end, so the result didn't really reflect the game.
I think Real should have used their opportunities better, they could have easily won with 5-2 if they had used their chances in a better way, but maybe that happens another time.

But again, it makes me a bit sad to see how two of the best teams in the world act on the field. We have the incident where Lass most likely should have been sent off (again I think the ref gave him a very easy first yellow card, so it was almost like karma), but we had all of Barcelona's team surrounding the referee, and then several Real players as well. I think it's a dick move no matter what team you're in, if you're gonna surround the ref and trying to force out a card.
All the diving... while it was better this game then in the last, we saw Pepe do a couple of dives, and the usual dives from Fabregas, Messi, Alves, Iniesta and Busquets, it's sad to see no matter what team does it.

But to sum it up, I thought the El Classico yesterday was one of the better out of the last games, but there are still so many things that both teams has to stop with, diving, tackling hard and trying to surround the ref for example.
I think the worst part with the game was to see the reactions from both the Real and the Barca-fans yesterday, talk about some of the most one-eyed fans ever. The Real fans were all about "The referee sucked, should have gotten two penalties", meanwhile the Barca-fans still continue to miss all the diving situations, which leads me to wonder if they have accepted diving as something positive in the sport.

Anyhow, it was a pretty solid game, though personally I'd say Premier League has had quite a lot of those games this season. Just look at Chelsea - Arsenal (3-5) for example.  :lol

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #399 on: January 26, 2012, 02:44:23 AM »
I agree, the animosity is getting ridiculous. 
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline John94

« Reply #400 on: January 28, 2012, 04:43:40 AM »
FA Cup games today! Got a couple of bets on too!

Come on Liverpool, lets make it two victories this week1

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #401 on: January 28, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »
Diiiiiirrrrkkk Kuyt for the winnn!!!  :hefdaddy
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline bugsyoz

« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2012, 08:12:03 PM »
Great week..mancs gone from Cups all over the place.....ynwa

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #403 on: February 02, 2012, 04:15:02 AM »
Anyone else starting to suspect another fail season for Manchester City? Out of Carling Cup, out of the FA-Cup, and out of Champions League, while they're split with Man United for the lead in Premier League, I strongly doubt that they will win the league. I'm not saying that Man United will either, but personally I think Spurs has a slightly higher chance of winning it. Let's say Man United wins the Premier League (which isn't impossible at all), that leaves Europe League for City, a team that has spent several billions trying to buy success.  :lol

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #404 on: February 02, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »
I hope they fail. I hate those teams that have lots of money and think that by buying a lot of good players at the same time will get them titles. I think that kind of management is destroying the national teams to some extent. Instead of developing good young players they just buy start from other countries which in turn makes the players adjust to a playing style that might not be the one they will practice with their national team.
I think that was very clear in the last world cup with Italy. Their best team at that time was Inter which is full of foreigners so they based their team on Juventus, a club that wasn't playing a good football and the results were very evident. I think something similar happens in England where the main teams have very few English players and lots of foreigners.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #405 on: February 02, 2012, 11:29:09 AM »
I sorta get what you mean, but I do think there's a glimmer of hope for England.
In a few years, they might have a team that looks something like this:

Hart
Walker-Jones-Smalling-Richards
Rodwell-McEachran
Chamberlain-Wilshere-Johnson
Welbeck

And spice that up with some of the current players that will still be around, like Rooney for example. There is potential, but one of the sad things is that few of the teams give their young players a chance. Arsenal and Man United try to do it, and that is a great thing. What makes me a bit mad about Chelsea is that they have a player like McEachran, yet he doesn't get the chance to play in any Cup-game, despite the fact that most of Chelsea has been very bad this season, at least the midfielders.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #406 on: February 03, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »
You know McEachran is on loan at Swansea right? I'm loving the new look top four at the moment, with Spurs and City pushing Arsenal and Liverpool out. I'd love to see Newcastle in there too, but doubt that's going to happen. My predicted Premier League table at the end of the season:

1 - Manchester United
2 - Manchester City
3 - Spurs
4 - Chelsea
5 - Arsenal
6 - Liverpool
7 - Newcastle
8 - Sunderland
9 - Stoke
10 - Everton
11 - Aston Villa
12 - Fulham
13 - Swansea
14 - West Brom
15 - Norwich
16 - QPR
17 - Bolton
18 - Blackburn
19 - Wolves
20 - Wigan

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #407 on: February 03, 2012, 11:51:43 AM »
Yeah I know he's on loan. :P
I'll give it a try as well, I think the table will end something like this:

1. Man United
2. Man City
3. Arsenal (because why not? they have most of the good teams at home, it can only go up from here)
4. Tottenham (I think they might drop a bit due to the tough schedule they have)
5. Chelsea
6. Sunderland
7. Liverpool
8. Newcastle
9. Stoke
10. Swansea
11. Everton
12. Fulham
13. West Brom
14. Norwich
15. QPR
16. Bolton
17. Wolverhampton
18. Aston Villa (Because they have a shit coach)
19. Blackburn
20. Wigan

Offline John94

« Reply #408 on: February 03, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »
1. Tottenham
2. Man United
3. Man City
4. Liverpool
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal
7. Newcastle
8. Everton
9. Stoke
10. West Brom
11. Sunderland
12. Fulham
13. Aston Villa
14. QPR
15. Norwich
16. Wolves
17. Swansea
18. Bolton
19. Blackburn
20. Wigan

Liverpool will get fourth as long as they gather and build on the momentum. Spurs will go on a roll after the Liverpool game (cause they will lose) and City will fall away, United and Citys Europa League schedules will be their downfall.

I have no interest what so ever in the future England team personally, I'm a club over country person. If Gerrard isn't made England captain (which he should've been years ago) then I will be done with England and The FA.

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #409 on: February 03, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »
No way in hell is Tottenham winning the league and it would be even harder  to see Liverpool on the top 4.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #410 on: February 03, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »
No way in hell is Tottenham winning the league and it would be even harder  to see Liverpool on the top 4.

I agree with this. One of the Manchesters will take the league. I think Zantera's top 4 is the most likely to happen.

Offline John94

« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2012, 01:48:30 PM »
The most important part of the season is so much more easier for Spurs, if they are still in with a chance then they will win it. Their run in (April-May)/ last 8 games are so much more easier on paper.

Who knows what could go on. Stranger things have happened.

If Liverpool don't get fourth, I will eat my own hat.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »
The most important part of the season is so much more easier for Spurs, if they are still in with a chance then they will win it. Their run in (April-May)/ last 8 games are so much more easier on paper.

Who knows what could go on. Stranger things have happened.

If Liverpool don't get fourth, I will eat my own hat.

And you will record it on video and post it for our amusement.  ;)

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #413 on: February 04, 2012, 12:38:16 PM »
3 points for Man United, but they honestly didn't deserve them.
I almost get angry watching Arsenal, because they should have easily grabbed those 3 points, but the same problems occur every game, and it's hard to blame it on anything.

I think Wenger did a poor game for several reasons. Replacing Chamberlain who was the best player on the field, or if not then Arsenal's best player at least, with a completely useless Arshavin is the best example. Arshavin wouldn't even get a starting place in Bolton's team, the only two things he brings to the table when he plays are A) Missing opportunities that are goals 99 out of 100 times and B) Giving away goals to the other team, today he managed to do B when his poor defending led to 2-1.
The problem is that Arshavin is horrible, yet always comes in with the objective to change the game around with a goal or two, something he hasn't done in ages.
And sending in Park in minute 84? He didn't look bad at all, but what does Wenger honestly expect from a player that never gets to play, and he got a good ~10 minutes of gametime.
Walcott was really bad today, and I don't think a single person could list a reason why he wasn't substituted instead of Chamberlain, other then the fact that Walcott has more experience, but that is a rather poor reason looking at his performance.

Nice with 3 points for Man U, but again.. they didn't deserve them at all.
I feel bad for Arsenal.
A bit late I know, but I pretty much agree with all of this, other than the fact that the Ox was brought off due to fatigue - he's young and I think that was his first ever start in the Premier League. But bringing on Arshavin (in that or any other match) is always a dumb idea, the guy is so useless these days. And yeah Walcott had a really bad match as well, it was frustrating.

Today went rather a lot better, totally was not expecting a 7-1 win!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline John94

« Reply #414 on: February 11, 2012, 05:40:05 AM »
Man U v. Liverpool.

Come on Liverpool!

Offline Beat-Nick

« Reply #415 on: February 11, 2012, 05:50:14 AM »
Just bet Over 2.5 Goals Liverpool V Man Utd..Dont care who wins..Just give me goals  :eek

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: February 11, 2012, 05:52:37 AM »
Come on United!

Offline Beat-Nick

« Reply #417 on: February 11, 2012, 06:55:47 AM »
1 More Goal and Im a winner  :tup

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 08:12:40 AM by Beat-Nick »

Offline Beat-Nick

« Reply #418 on: February 11, 2012, 08:12:51 AM »
SUAREZ 2-1.. :tup :tup    ;D   GET IN THERE!!!!

Offline John94

« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »
Poor game in all fairness. All 3 goals could've been prevented. Obviously overshadowed by the off field antics, I'm trying not to say anything that can turn discussion sour!

Not shocked that Everton beat Chelsea to be honest. I think AVB will gone shortly.