Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)  (Read 202476 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The Official Football (soccer) Thread [merged]
« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2011, 02:41:35 AM »
Jimmy, your hatred of Barca is so unreasonable. :lol Yeah they dive quite a bit, but so do most Spanish teams. But they are also an amazingly talented team, and as Nekov said, they actually earner their success. I have infinitely more respect for them (and other great teams who earned success, like Man Utd) than Chelsea and Man City who are only good because they are backed by billionaires.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2011, 07:00:52 AM »
Rich, I find it surprising or almost admirable that you don't hate Barcelona after the Fabregas-story. :P
Their behavior in that whole deal is seriously one of the worst things in recent football-history, I just laugh so hard when people like Xavi say their typical bullshit in the newspaper, like whenever Barcelona doesn't win a football game, and Xavi says that "it was a loss for football".  :facepalm:

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #282 on: September 25, 2011, 07:38:39 AM »
Just saw the videos. I'l agree they dive sometimes, yet the one from Dani Alves is nowhere near a dive, Pepe almost cuts his leg in half. Also the one from Villa, Arbeloa steps on his leg. There is no diving there.
And I think Ariich has a point, maybe you are too used to the English league where the referees are more permissive than other leagues.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #283 on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:49 AM »
I think the problem with the Dani Alves one is.. yeah, Pepe going into the situation is clumsy, and even though he doesn't hit Alves, that's still tackles that shouldn't be on the field.
However, Alves rolling around for 5 minutes and then having to substitute.. that was just rofl.  :rollin

I get your point on the other though, I'm a huge PL-enthusiast, and I don't say that insane tackles should be allowed, but after all football is a contact-sport, and I don't think people should get cheap freekicks and cheap cards for nothing.
The few times I watch Spanish or Italian football, I just feel like many of the players act like women on the pitch, in England (even though there are people diving there too), some people take a karate kick in the chest, and then suck it up like a man and continue running.  ;)

Things like this should be banned from the football-field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YomM87GNvs

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #284 on: October 01, 2011, 05:21:15 AM »
Premier League-games this weekend:

Saturday:

Everton - Liverpool
Aston Villa - Wigan
Blackburn - Man City
Man United - Norwich
Sunderland - West Bromwich
Wolverhampton - Newcastle

Sunday:

Bolton - Chelsea
Fulham - Queens Park Rangers
Swansea - Stoke
Tottenham - Arsenal

So, the Liverpool-derby and Spurs-Arsenal should be great games.
I'll try to see Man United as well, though I think the 'main'-game they show on TV is Man City's game, I haven't quite decided which I'll see yet.
Should be a great football weekend at least, make sure to suck the most out of it, seeing as most weekend is pause for international-games, oh suicide inc.   :xbones

Offline Lotion

« Reply #285 on: October 01, 2011, 06:15:29 AM »
this thread....! one more reason to hang out at DTF all day! Looking forward to the derbies this weekend. Also hoping for Man. Utd to shape up and start winning again. Norwich should be a easy match.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #286 on: October 01, 2011, 06:41:04 AM »
Pretty fun game so far in the Liverpool derby. One red card and a missed penalty.

Looking forward to United's game against Norwich after this one.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2011, 10:34:46 AM »
Man United did not play well today, but still managed to get 3 points, and I'm happy with that. :)
I really felt bad for Norwich, because just by looking at the game, and the amount of chances, a better team then Norwich would have won with those chances. I think I counted at least 3 opportunity's when a Norwich player came alone against United's goal, and add to that the chance with almost open goal.
Yeah, Norwich really didn't use their chances well.  :lol
On the sad part, I feel a bit disappointed that the beautiful attacking-football that Man United displayed the first games this season feels completely washed away.
The passing is nowhere near as good, it felt like Man United had gone back to how they played last season, and I don't think it's reasonable to blame injuries, because they don't have that many of them. (at least not on important players)

Oh well, 3 points.. looking forward to some games tomorrow.  :corn 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »
Can't believe I am missing the games today (because I'm tied up with other stuff), especially seeing as it's Liverpool - Man United, a game I had been looking forward to for a long time. :(
Oh well, I will try to catch Arsenal tomorrow probably, to at least see one game this weekend.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2011, 01:49:37 AM »
I'm really excited about the Man United game today against Liverpool. Finally we have league games again!

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #290 on: October 15, 2011, 03:15:22 AM »
Oh man have I ever missed football. I'm just going to lounge around and watch as many games as possible

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #291 on: October 15, 2011, 08:52:42 AM »
I'm really excited about the Man United game today against Liverpool. Finally we have league games again!
1-1 Great result for Mtd. Utd. Chicharitoooooooooooooooo

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »
1-1 Great result for Mtd. Utd. Chicharitoooooooooooooooo

Yeah I think they should be pleased with the results. WTF did Giggs do in that freekick? He'll have to take the heat for that one.

Offline jimbosile

« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »
It feels like a loss to me. Disappointing result. I'm a pool fan btw.

Offline Lotion

« Reply #294 on: October 23, 2011, 03:50:21 AM »
United- City today, can't get much better than that. I hope United will step up the game, they have had some bad matches lately!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #295 on: October 23, 2011, 04:27:06 AM »
Yeah, really big game today.
As a Man United-fan, I'm very excited, and I think I speak for all Man U-supporters when I say that 3 points today is a must!
It's not the end of the world if it ends a draw, but City has 2 points more, and this would be the golden opportunity to pass them in the table.

I must say though, despite having high hopes for the game, I think the people expecting a game with a lot of goals and opportunity's will be wrong.
Sure we remember the 4-3 game from a few seasons ago, but City under Mancini isn't like that, and I won't be surprised if he plays Barry-De Jong-Toure on the midfield, because a draw for City is very good.

I'm fairly confident the game will end 0-0 with as many opportunities, but I hope that Man U will win with a few goals ofc.  :D

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2011, 04:44:01 AM »
I'm really excited about the Manchester derby today, I'll be watching it at a sports bar with a few mates from work.

Come on you Reds!

Offline Lotion

« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2011, 05:04:07 AM »
Yeah, really big game today.
As a Man United-fan, I'm very excited, and I think I speak for all Man U-supporters when I say that 3 points today is a must!
It's not the end of the world if it ends a draw, but City has 2 points more, and this would be the golden opportunity to pass them in the table.

I must say though, despite having high hopes for the game, I think the people expecting a game with a lot of goals and opportunity's will be wrong.
Sure we remember the 4-3 game from a few seasons ago, but City under Mancini isn't like that, and I won't be surprised if he plays Barry-De Jong-Toure on the midfield, because a draw for City is very good.

I'm fairly confident the game will end 0-0 with as many opportunities, but I hope that Man U will win with a few goals ofc.  :D

Yeah, it's a big game, but probably a boring one! If the match gets an early goal, I'll guess this match going to be a rollercoaster.. If not, I guess 0-0 or 1-0

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2011, 06:10:11 AM »
Was looking forward to watching the games today, but found out yesterday I had to work, so I'm just going to have to keep checking the bbc website all day for updates :( I'm hoping for a high-scoring  derby game, largely because I have quite a few Man U and City players in my Fantasy League team!

Also hoping Spurs keep on playing well and beat Blackburn by about 5-0! Adebayor hat-trick! And seeing Stoke beat Arsenal is not impossible either, especially will van Persie starting on the bench.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2011, 06:12:38 AM »
I've got a question for you Britts.  How was the reaction to the owners of the Boston Red Sox here in America buying Liverpool F. C. ?  And how have they done as owners since owning them?
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Lotion

« Reply #300 on: October 23, 2011, 07:24:36 AM »
Oh, god.. United lacks so much creativity! They really do need a Sneijder/Nasriish player!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #301 on: October 23, 2011, 07:32:20 AM »
The thing is though, Man United wouldn't work with Sneijder, because he plays on the same area that Rooney likes to drop down on.
Man United isn't about starting attacks from the center-midfield, they use their strong wingers, in this case Young and Nani.
As for Nasri, I couldn't think of a more overrated player.
He had one successful season in Arsenal, or more like 4-5 months, apart from a few goals, he only managed to do two assists, which is very bad for a playmaker.

One player I would have loved to see in Man U is Özil, but seeing as he went to Real, I think those chances are fairly low.
My biggest wish-player right now would be Hazard, or Götze, but time will tell.

As for the game, hoping that Man U will turn this around!  ;)

Offline Lotion

« Reply #302 on: October 23, 2011, 07:55:01 AM »
The thing is though, Man United wouldn't work with Sneijder, because he plays on the same area that Rooney likes to drop down on.
Man United isn't about starting attacks from the center-midfield, they use their strong wingers, in this case Young and Nani.
As for Nasri, I couldn't think of a more overrated player.
He had one successful season in Arsenal, or more like 4-5 months, apart from a few goals, he only managed to do two assists, which is very bad for a playmaker.

One player I would have loved to see in Man U is Özil, but seeing as he went to Real, I think those chances are fairly low.
My biggest wish-player right now would be Hazard, or Götze, but time will tell.

As for the game, hoping that Man U will turn this around!  ;)

Johnny Evans.. Why does he play football? And why does he play for Man Utd? He always screws things up, your always afraid when he is close to the ball. Awful defending at first goal, missed the ball in front of Citys net, and got a red card! Definatly should've started with Phil Jones...

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #303 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:07 AM »
Great game by Man United!

Also yeah, Johnny Evans should be sent to another league, so I don't have to see him again.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #304 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:20 AM »
Oh dear, not a good day for United. Three goals in stoppage time! :o

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: October 23, 2011, 08:42:22 AM »
1-6 and a red card  :censored :censored :censored :getoffmylawn:

Offline Lotion

« Reply #306 on: October 23, 2011, 08:50:12 AM »
I'm going to eat a lot of icecream with tons of fudge.. good bye

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #307 on: October 23, 2011, 09:00:04 AM »
On one hand I think a loss this big might be good, cause Fergie or the players can't smooth it all over with bullshit like "that was offside" or something like that.
The red card was so obvious that not even us, Man U-fans can deny it.

Some of the things that were wrong, as I see it:
Evans starting instead of Jones, the latter has quite possibly been Man United's best defender so far this season, and Evans is Evans.
Not the first time he ruins a game by getting sent off for something idiotic, and not the last time either.
Park starting on the bench, while I'm not suggesting that Nani is a bad player (he is probably better individually), I do think Park always shines in these kind of games, and Man United would have gotten more support on the defensive-side.
Hernandez not starting instead of Welbeck, while I don't think this really affected the outcome, Chicharito has become one of my favorite Man U-players since he joined, and I don't think Welbeck is good enough (YET) against a team like City.
He sure has the future in front of him, but a bit risky.

I do approve of the new players Man U has bought, I think Jones, De Gea and Young are fantastic additions to the team, but they didn't buy anything for the center-midfield, which is IMO the place where they need a new player the most.
I don't want Sneijder or Modric, but a bit of creativity. Like I said earlier, Özil, Hazard or Götze would have been nice, and would give the attacking-side a bit more support.
I don't think Man United has such a thing as a clear defensive midfielder either, I consider Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick fairly allround as players. They are not the best offensive midfielders, and not the best defensive ones, they sorta have qualities on both without being amazing at none.

Lastly, I don't think De Gea should get any blame, seeing as pretty much all the goals came from City outnumbering him.
Ferdinand and Evra sucked so bad today, when Man United needed a leader to emerge the most, these players just crashed and burned.

Offline Lotion

« Reply #308 on: October 23, 2011, 10:11:48 AM »
On one hand I think a loss this big might be good, cause Fergie or the players can't smooth it all over with bullshit like "that was offside" or something like that.
The red card was so obvious that not even us, Man U-fans can deny it.

Some of the things that were wrong, as I see it:
Evans starting instead of Jones, the latter has quite possibly been Man United's best defender so far this season, and Evans is Evans.
Not the first time he ruins a game by getting sent off for something idiotic, and not the last time either.
Park starting on the bench, while I'm not suggesting that Nani is a bad player (he is probably better individually), I do think Park always shines in these kind of games, and Man United would have gotten more support on the defensive-side.
Hernandez not starting instead of Welbeck, while I don't think this really affected the outcome, Chicharito has become one of my favorite Man U-players since he joined, and I don't think Welbeck is good enough (YET) against a team like City.
He sure has the future in front of him, but a bit risky.

I do approve of the new players Man U has bought, I think Jones, De Gea and Young are fantastic additions to the team, but they didn't buy anything for the center-midfield, which is IMO the place where they need a new player the most.
I don't want Sneijder or Modric, but a bit of creativity. Like I said earlier, Özil, Hazard or Götze would have been nice, and would give the attacking-side a bit more support.
I don't think Man United has such a thing as a clear defensive midfielder either, I consider Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick fairly allround as players. They are not the best offensive midfielders, and not the best defensive ones, they sorta have qualities on both without being amazing at none.

Lastly, I don't think De Gea should get any blame, seeing as pretty much all the goals came from City outnumbering him.
Ferdinand and Evra sucked so bad today, when Man United needed a leader to emerge the most, these players just crashed and burned, they never learned

Sorry, it sucked.. but I've had that song on my mind all day....

I really think United could've won if they started with Jones, 6-1 sounds like United ever would have a chance against City, but that's not the fact. Well, it seemed like they were going to depend on Cleverly this season, wich didn't work out too good with his injury. Park is my favorite player (just because I'm asian), and I think he would've brought something to the game.  Evans is Evans as you said, and he seems hopeless, just like Gibson.. Seems like he'll never get better.

I struggle to understand what SAF is doing. Last match against Liverpool wasn't any better.

On the bright side, QPR- Chelsea 1-0, bosingwa and Drogba with a red card!

Offline rude boy

« Reply #309 on: October 23, 2011, 10:38:41 AM »
 :sad:

anyway, there's a long way untill the end of the season, and i don't think city will last for so long

Offline Millais

« Reply #310 on: October 23, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
I'm fairly confident the game will end 0-0 with as many opportunities,

ahaha!  ;)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
I'm fairly confident the game will end 0-0 with as many opportunities,

ahaha!  ;)
:lol

And wtf at Chelsea today? 2 red cards and 7 yellows!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #312 on: October 23, 2011, 11:00:48 AM »
At least Chelsea lost as well.
Watched the game, and I must say... Queens Park fuckin' sucks.
Seriously, they were 2 more players for the whole second half, but they just barely managed to hold the lead.
Sure, Chelsea is a great team, but QPR really should sell some of the crap players and try to get players that are more used to PL.

I think Arsenal fans are pretty happy right now, they have like 4 or 5 (?) victories in a row, and before this weekend I felt confident that Chelsea would beat them next weekend, but now I must say that Arsenal has a nice opportunity.
Besides, pretty much all other top-teams (except City and Spurs) lost points this weekend, and Gervinho did one goal and two assists today, nice day for all the gunners.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #313 on: October 23, 2011, 11:33:33 AM »
Yeah things are definitely starting to settle down for us now, which is good. Today was a strong victory!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Lotion

« Reply #314 on: October 23, 2011, 11:46:08 AM »
Yeah things are definitely starting to settle down for us now, which is good. Today was a strong victory!
Who's your team?