Author Topic: The Official Football (Soccer) Thread (v. It's starting again!)  (Read 202393 times)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: The Official Football (soccer) Thread [merged]
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2011, 04:11:08 AM »
I can't believe no one has changed this back yet. :lol
Dammit Nick.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2011, 11:36:11 AM »
So Rich, what happened in Manchester?  :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2011, 11:38:46 AM »
Man United, what can you say... Wow, I'm stunned.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline climberboy

« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2011, 01:16:21 PM »
i think thought that its gotta be said arsenal probably shouldn't have shown up, then united would only have won by default (3-0)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »
How is Arsenal supposed to win any game if they already sold their few good players?

Fabregas - injured 50% of the season, the other half he had about 70% missed passes out of all passes he did, add to that that he was by far the worst captain Arsenal has had in the last 15 years, and the fact that his heart wasn't in the club.

Nasri - one of the most overrated players in later years. Can do a few good games during the fall, but then do 20 shitty games during the spring where he's completely invisible.
Despite the huge praise he got last season, as a playmaker he only managed to get ONE assist, that's right.. ONE lousy assist, Denilson probably even had more then that.
He didn't have his heart in the club as well, money talks as they say.

So yeah, Arsenal got rid of two of their more overrated players, to make room for other players.
The only "weak" link they have left as I see it is Arshavin, who hasn't made that many good games since the 4-4 against Liverpool a few years ago when he scored all, now he mostly misses all of his passes, and don't really do much.

Arsenal with Wilshere and Ramsey as their heart and soul will be much better then Fabregas and Nasri, hands down.
8-2!!!!!!!!!!
I'd eight two be an Arsenal fan today.

Gooner reaction watching the game:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2011, 03:52:23 PM »
It's funny seeing as I'm a Man U-fan, but sucks to be Rich today.  :biggrin:

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
It's funny that although you tried to defend Arsenal in your post... it just made it worse :lol

Rich... sometimes it's just better to take a stroll in the middle of the streets of NYC while Irene is still there.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:34:52 PM by emindead »

Offline LCArenas

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2011, 04:05:06 PM »
Well holy eight-goaled fuckety fuck, Arsenal. What in the name of Dennis Bergkamp just happened?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »
Well, to be honest, I don't think people should take too much from this result.
Man U has started this season in a great form, apart from two injuries in their defense, Man U had pretty much their strongest starting-squad, sure some might argue that player X could be switch with player Y, but compare that to Arsenal that has what, 8 injuries or something?
Add to that about 3 or 4 players who were suspended due to red cards.

I'm obviously happy for the big win against another top team, but the situation was in Man U's favor obviously.
If Man U had to play with 10-11 of the "better" players gone against Arsenal's best team, the situation would have switched completely. :P
So yeah, fantastic win, but in the long run it doesn't really say much about Arsenal and how good they are, and I'm just happy with the 3 points really.

On another note, it fuckin' sucks that next weekend means no PL, seeing as it's small break for loads of National Team-games.
I honestly hate that, I don't really care much for international games between countries at all, I just want my PL.  :lol

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »
On another note, it fuckin' sucks that next weekend means no PL, seeing as it's small break for loads of National Team-games.
I honestly hate that, I don't really care much for international games between countries at all, I just want my PL.  :lol

I agree, I need my PL fix.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #255 on: August 29, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
Yeah I hate that there's no decent footballthis weekend. I work every other saturday and one sunday a month, and this past weekend I worked through ALL the games, and with no football on my weekend off that means I won't see anything till the Sunday after! I'm already getting withdrawls.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #256 on: September 09, 2011, 01:22:35 AM »
Finally there is Premier League tomorrow again!
More excited then I have been in a while, really looking forward to seeing some games, and some new players that arrived late during the transfer-window. :)
This weekend's games: (games in bold are the one's I'm seeing, as usual I'll also add my thoughts on a possible result)

Saturday:

Arsenal - Swansea (1)
Everton - Aston Villa (X)
Man City - Wigan (1)
Stoke - Liverpool (2)
Sunderland Chelsea (X)
Wolverhampton - Tottenham (1)
Bolton - Man United (2)

Sunday:

Norwich - West Bromwich (X)
Fulham - Blackburn (1)

Monday:

Queens Park Rangers - Newcastle (1)

Really excited about seeing both Man U and then Arsenal, seeing as they will prolly have some new players (always fun to watch), overall I think that several of the good teams have tough games, Man U, Chelsea and Pool mostly, so I really hope for 3 points away against Bolton, because I'm confident that City will beat Wigan, and it would suck to loose points to City in the title-race. :/

For those who didn't know, Champions League starts on Tuesday/Wednesday as well, I'm really psyched about that as well, gonna try to catch Dortmund - Arsenal on Tuesday, and Benfica - Man United on Wednesday.  :)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
Not many surprises this weekend, for those who don't know, Champions League starts on Tuesday.  :hat

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
Great win by United again. Can't wait for the CL!

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2011, 02:54:51 PM »
Rooney is just on FIRE. Can't believe how well he's playing right now. The league title is surely going to be between Man Utd and Man City.

Hoping Spurs will start moving up the table now we've gotten our first win. Wolves away was a tricky match with their form right now, and it was a decent performance. Top 4 finish looking pretty unlikely so far though, but at least it's looking equally unlikely for Arsenal  :biggrin:

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #260 on: September 17, 2011, 05:08:23 AM »
Okay, time for another fantastic weekend with Premier League football!
This weekend, particularly Sunday has some really promising games, and I can't wait to get this weekend started!  :D
Here are the games, as usual the ones in bold are the one's I'm going to see myself, and I'll also add my thoughts on possible end results.

Saturday:

Blackburn - Arsenal (2)
Aston Villa - Newcastle (1)
Bolton - Norwich (1)
Everton - Wigan (1)
Swansea - West Bromwich (2)
Wolverhampton - Queens Park Rangers (X)

Sunday:

Tottenham - Liverpool (X)
Fulham - Manchester City (2)
Sunderland - Stoke (X)
Manchester United - Chelsea (1)

Overall, Man U - Chelsea is obviously the highlight of the weekend for me, and I am really excited about it.
I'm fairly sure both Arsenal and Man City are hoping for draws in both Spurs - Pool and Man U - Chelsea, seeing as it would benefit them, but those two top-games can pretty much end either way,  hopefully Man U can get 3 points.  :hat

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #261 on: September 17, 2011, 05:18:45 AM »
I'll be watching the game against Chelsea tomorrow with a few friends at a sports bar. Looking forward to it.

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #262 on: September 17, 2011, 06:49:14 AM »
Hey Zantera, what are the numbers and crosses you put after each fixture? Been bugging me for ages  :lol

Currently watching the Blackburn Arsenal game, though I really want to watch West Ham Millwall, however nobody IN THE WORLD has bought TV rights for that game, presumably because no channel wants to be showing it if something kicks off. That or police request, to stop fans gathering to watch it in pubs and potentially causing trouble. Would be a huge ratings draw though.

Second half kicking off, come on Blackburn!

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #263 on: September 17, 2011, 07:28:47 AM »
1= win for the home team
X = a draw
2 = win for the away team

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #264 on: September 17, 2011, 07:40:28 AM »
What Zydar said. :)

Also, lolArsenal.  :rollin

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2011, 09:08:43 AM »
Oh wow I enjoyed the Spurs Liverpool game a lot. A great performance, glad to see we're getting started after those first couple of defeats

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2011, 09:50:19 AM »
So, Man U - Chelsea, 3-0 at half time.
Second half will be interesting!

Offline Arch Benemy

• DTF.com Member
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2011, 11:17:16 AM »
What a great day and indeed weekend for football. Thought about feeling sorry for Torres, then I remembered he must be on £150000+ a week and suddenly lost all sympathy

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2011, 01:51:34 PM »
Another great win for United, and we're at the top of the league table.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2011, 02:04:47 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZSikdQkugQ

:rollin

Great result for Man United though, I can't complain.  :)

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #270 on: September 24, 2011, 02:30:31 AM »
Bump, new weekend and a new round of Premier League!
This is the games this weekend, since Arch Benemy asked last time, I'll clarify it once again, the 1, X and 2's behind the games are my thoughts on the possible result, 1 means the home-team will win, 2 means the away-team will win, and X means it will end a draw.
Obviously all speculations since I can't see into the future, but it's fun speculating.  :biggrin:
Also, games in bold are the games I'm going to see on TV myself, so yeah.. fun times.

Saturday:

Manchester City - Everton (1)
Arsenal - Bolton (1)
Chelsea - Swansea (1)
Liverpool - Wolverhampton (1)
Newcastle - Blackburn (1)
West Bromwich - Fulham (X)
Wigan - Tottenham (2)
Stoke - Manchester United (2)

Sunday:

Queens Park Rangers - Aston Villa (X)

Monday:

Norwich - Sunderland (X)

Some interesting games this weekend, for those wondering how I manage to see several games each Saturday, it's simply because there's almost always a game at 12:45, and one at 17.30, apart from the normal ones that starts at 15.00.
Today, Man City starts early and Man United starts late, so I get to see three games, yay!
Mostly excited about Man United tonight ofc, hopefully we can grab another win, and maintain the lead in the top of the table.
Stoke is not an easy team to face away, but I think Man U has good chances!

This week will also have more Champions League football, I know Man United has Basel on Tuesday, great way to spend my birthday!  :heart

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2011, 04:06:54 AM »
We will lose.

Again.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Xanthul

« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2011, 04:22:47 AM »
Just venting:

I'm a Real Madrid fan and I *hate* Mourinho. He never takes responsibility for the losses, it's always the referee's fault or some other crap. He's damaging the club's image in a way that will take decades to recover. We're the most hated club in Spain and probably Europe right now. If it were up to me I'd get rid of our stupid president, Mourinho and the butchers Pepe and Marcelo. Cristiano Ronaldo also needs to learn to play in a team instead of expecting everyone else to work for him.

Man it sucks when your team is in such a bad situation. Worst of all is that I really don't see any sign that it will get any better in the near future.

Venting over.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #273 on: September 24, 2011, 05:11:43 AM »
Jeez, what´s with all the goalies and players getting hurt by collisions? We´ve had two severe cases over here in the last week and now I see what happend to Drogba?! Doesn´t look good.  :omg:
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #274 on: September 24, 2011, 06:14:17 AM »
Just venting:

I'm a Real Madrid fan and I *hate* Mourinho. He never takes responsibility for the losses, it's always the referee's fault or some other crap. He's damaging the club's image in a way that will take decades to recover. We're the most hated club in Spain and probably Europe right now. If it were up to me I'd get rid of our stupid president, Mourinho and the butchers Pepe and Marcelo. Cristiano Ronaldo also needs to learn to play in a team instead of expecting everyone else to work for him.

Man it sucks when your team is in such a bad situation. Worst of all is that I really don't see any sign that it will get any better in the near future.

Venting over.

I can't say that I'm a HUGE Real-supporter, but if I would have to choose between them and FC Uefa, I would choose Real every day.
The only team I hate with a passion is Barcelolna, in comparison, I think teams like Man City and Chelsea who bought their success are much more admirable.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #275 on: September 24, 2011, 10:04:36 AM »
FINALLY A PROPER WIN.

And finally Song did something good. So far his season has involved an own goal and a sending off, so it's nice he was able to score at the right end today.

I be am boner inducing.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »
Just venting:

Venting over.

I can't say that I'm a HUGE Real-supporter, but if I would have to choose between them and FC Uefa, I would choose Real every day.
The only team I hate with a passion is Barcelolna, in comparison, I think teams like Man City and Chelsea who bought their success are much more admirable.

What?? It's more admirable to BUY your success than earn it after many years of good work??
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #277 on: September 24, 2011, 05:15:33 PM »
Not at all, but the way Barca get their success is horrible.
Surrounding referees, the whole 'untouchable'-status in the media, all of the players acting like complete pussies on the field, one interesting example is Mascherano, a player that was really tough to meet, a player that could do the worst tackles in Premier League, then he joins Barcelona and immediately starts diving all the time.  :lol
I swear, Barca has some form of rule that awards the players that dive, I can only imagine Messi getting a 5000€ bonus if he dives and gets a penalty. :)

In other news, Man United got a point from Stoke today, pretty decent.
I'm more concerned over the fact that Roo and Chicha will be out for a while, not much clear about how long yet, but Berbatov and Owen didn't really shine today, and Berba doesn't really fit into the new Man U playstyle that much. :/

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #278 on: September 24, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »
Not at all, but the way Barca get their success is horrible.
Surrounding referees, the whole 'untouchable'-status in the media, all of the players acting like complete pussies on the field, one interesting example is Mascherano, a player that was really tough to meet, a player that could do the worst tackles in Premier League, then he joins Barcelona and immediately starts diving all the time.  :lol
I swear, Barca has some form of rule that awards the players that dive, I can only imagine Messi getting a 5000€ bonus if he dives and gets a penalty. :)

I really don't know where you are getting all of this (unless you pay attention to what Mou says after every game). I watch practically all Barcelona games and yes, sometimes the referees make mistakes but to say they win because of that? That's plain bullshit. They win because they play great as a team. And Mascherano diving? I need a video of that. I will leave you with this one on how much balls that guy has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHvgW7YRc5Q

He kept playing after that.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »
Mascherano diving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnNWd5IstXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4Bfv674_fk

Alves diving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCv6sFsGg2o

Busquets diving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhoBrOvs0DE&feature=related

Villa diving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcux_nNLGQE

These are just a few videos at the top of my head, I know plenty of other games where Xavi, Iniesta and Messi has dived as well, but not everything ends up on the tube sadly. :/
Yeah I know that diving isn't only restricted to Barca, but a team with 11 cunts diving all the time, surrounding the referee on every decision, and by that I mean lolValdes who runs all the way from his own goal to the other half of the field, just to point out that he saw the situation better then the ref.  :lol

I'm not trying to take away from Barca that they play nicely (sometimes), but there are just too many negative things about Barca to overlook.
In other examples, I think a team like Tottenham in PL also plays a really nice passing football, and at least they are not acting like jerks on the football field. :P

I think most of us saw Barcelona's game against Chelsea in 2009 and how horrible it was, I think most of us saw the game against Inter where Inter got a red card right away, almost like the referee wanted to make life a little harder for them.
And we also saw the game against Arsenal, where Robin Van Persie got the cheapest red card anyone has ever seen, and I still think this video says it all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQjCCfI9vUQ

All I can say about Messi is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfROdza2xAU