Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 189453 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #490 on: December 06, 2012, 06:41:26 AM »
Speaking of the "loves ones" challenge, was it just me or was Abi the only one who showed no emotion at all? The others were crying and hugging, and Abi was just like "hi." Completely cold even towards her own family.

I noticed even Jeff was tearing up when Lisa hugged her brother.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #491 on: December 06, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »
We were sitting there like "Oh, Lisa, that's the 'ugly cry' right there."  Yeah, that's always such a crazy emotional episode.  So cruel.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #492 on: December 06, 2012, 08:15:41 AM »
Gaaaah, I cannot believe they even for a second believed the notion that Abi might have an idol. It was just such a blatantly desperate tactic to say "I have the 4th hidden immunity idol". It sucks that she got away with that bluff. After not playing it tonight, I hope all doubt is removed for next week's episode. Since next episode is the last time it can be played, I hope Malcolm plays his idol regardless just to be safe.

Well, she did, in the sense that she didn't get voted off, but I think they all know she is lying about.  If they really thought she had one, they would have split the votes (3 to her and 1 to Carter, which means she would have been out with a 4-2 vote, since Carter and Abi were both voting for the other) to flush it out.  But Carter is a much more dangerous threat in the next challenge than she is, so it made more sense for the four to get rid of him first since they figure she won't win immunity next time and then they can just get rid of her.  And then they can hope to get rid of Malcolm when it is down to the four.

So yeah, Lisa is incapable of taking her heart out of the equation when it comes to Survivor.  However, it makes you wonder, did she get this far because of that or is she just lucky? I'm going with luck.  The only other person to be known for playing with that kind of integrity is Coach, who lost all three times. I'm still scratching my head that the jury gave Sophie the win and not him.

Are you kidding?  Coach had about as much integrity as Russell.  He was one of the biggest liars and bull shitters the show has ever seen.  Sure, he toned it way down in his last season, but the first two seasons he talked all of this integrity nonsense while lying his ass off left and right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #493 on: December 06, 2012, 08:18:17 AM »
Maybe integrity wasn't really the idea I was going for.  I think I'm still clouded by all his honor and warrior spirit talk.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #494 on: December 06, 2012, 08:21:44 AM »
He had no honor either. 

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #495 on: December 06, 2012, 08:22:36 AM »
Which was funny, given how much he spoke of its merit.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #496 on: December 06, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
I guess it goes back to what Abbi said last night: if you tell a lie long enough, people will start to believe it, even yourself.  Coach was the walking definition of that.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #497 on: December 06, 2012, 08:28:06 AM »
Gaaaah, I cannot believe they even for a second believed the notion that Abi might have an idol. It was just such a blatantly desperate tactic to say "I have the 4th hidden immunity idol". It sucks that she got away with that bluff. After not playing it tonight, I hope all doubt is removed for next week's episode. Since next episode is the last time it can be played, I hope Malcolm plays his idol regardless just to be safe.

Well, she did, in the sense that she didn't get voted off, but I think they all know she is lying about.  If they really thought she had one, they would have split the votes (3 to her and 1 to Carter, which means she would have been out with a 4-2 vote, since Carter and Abi were both voting for the other) to flush it out.  But Carter is a much more dangerous threat in the next challenge than she is, so it made more sense for the four to get rid of him first since they figure she won't win immunity next time and then they can just get rid of her.  And then they can hope to get rid of Malcolm when it is down to the four.

All true. Even though Carter would have theoretically been gone next time anyway, it just annoys me that Abi stays in for another episode when none of them truly believed her lie. I guess it was easier not to take any chances, especially for the reasons you've stated with Carter, and given that Abi has literally zero chance of winning even if she does make it to the fiinal 3.

I hope the Denise/Malcolm alliance remains as solid as it seems to take them both to the final 3. They're both strong players who could realistically win immunity to make their position stronger (Malcolm's guaranteed top 4 at this point anyway, of course).
But I wouldn't make any predictions just yet. Lisa's becoming more unpredictable, and Abi is very desperate at this point, and Skupin seems kind of wishy washy, and I could see him flipping once he realizes he needs to make a move to stay in the game.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #498 on: December 06, 2012, 08:32:50 AM »
I guess it goes back to what Abbi said last night: if you tell a lie long enough, people will start to believe it, even yourself.  Coach was the walking definition of that.

He was a strange one.  First time he was on, he kinda irked me with the larger than life persona he tried to put on.    I wasn't a huge fan of his.  Then in the subsequent appearances, he still played it up, but it's almost like he was in on the joke this time.  Then his wackiness became a little easier to deal with and I very much liked him.

Regarding Carter - I'm surprised anybody there even realized there was someone named Carter in the game, enough to have written his name down.  Andy, from Reality Blurred likened picking between Abi and Carter to having to choose between an annoying ringtone and a dial tone.   :rollin

Still I am amazed by Denise's abilities to bring it in challenges.  Sure you had people like Parvati, who wewre pretty decent in challenges, but something about Denise just amazes me, maybe due to the fact that she's older, you wouldn't expect her to be giving so much effort at challenges.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #499 on: December 06, 2012, 08:34:38 AM »
I think Malcolm is dead meat at four unless he wins immunity. They all know he would win in the finals.  I don't think Lisa can win now; her wishy-washy behavior will make much of the jury not want to give her the money.  Denise and Skupin are in the best positions right now, I think.

Cozmo, regarding Denise, I agree, and I hope she wins, but shouldn't a sex therapist have a little more sex appeal? ;) :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #500 on: December 06, 2012, 08:36:19 AM »
That's a very good point, but look at Dr. Ruth.  :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #501 on: December 06, 2012, 08:45:15 AM »
I think Malcolm is dead meat at four unless he wins immunity. They all know he would win in the finals.  I don't think Lisa can win now, as wishy-washy behavior will make much of the jury not want to give her the money.  Denise and Skupin are in the best positions right now, I think.

Cozmo, regarding Denise, I agree, and I hope she wins, but shouldn't a sex therapist have a little more sex appeal? ;) :lol

Maybe that's why she needed to learn sex therapy? :P

Malcolm is definitely going to be that guy who needs to win immunity to make it through.
Skupin won't win, because they seem to hate the returning players, plus he hasn't done anything of merit in any area of the game. Lisa has been all over the place, so nobody will vote for her. Abi couldn't get a single vote if her life depended on it. It's between Denise and Malcolm to win. Malcolm is the more obvious threat though.

On that note, Denise has done a surprisingly great job of flying under the radar so far, considering she's quite a strong player, hasn't gotten off-side with anyone (aside from Abi who doesn't count), and yet hasn't tried to shy away either. Not bad for a player who joined her team later in the game and didn't have the strong team loyalty going for her.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #502 on: December 06, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
I'd be interested in seeing how it would play out if Malcolm and Denise were both in the final 3. They've essential both gone through the same thing this game. Allied from the beginning, lose every challenge, go to a different tribe, merge and get back together. They've both played very good social games, and both been very good physically. If they were both in the finals, I feel like Malcolm would win, but not necessarily because he played a better game. They've basically played the same game. The biggest difference, I think, is that Malcolm may have had a bigger target on himself for being so strong in challenges. But with regards to that, he really hasn't done any better than Denise.

Anyways, I would be pretty surprised if either of them didn't win. Lisa is a flake with very little strategy, Skupin's strategy has been no more than 'go with the flow' and has been a non factor in challenges, and then there's Abi...
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #503 on: December 12, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »
SPOILERS for the upcoming season - including information to possibly spoil this season's outcome - don't check the link if you don't want any potential info on this season's outcome.  As noted, it's pretty much a given that they'll bring cast members back all the time now.  There are plenty returning next season.  The link:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_caramoan/2012_Dec_12_returnee-names-seasons

There are a few that I'm kinda meh about and had to look them up first to see who they were.  Others, one in particular, I'm pretty :caffeine: about.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #504 on: December 12, 2012, 09:12:18 AM »
Without ....... spoiling anything, can you tell me much spoilage this potential spoiler spoils? I really want to know about next season, but I also don't want to know anything about the outcome of this season.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #505 on: December 12, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
Someone that has not been voted out yet will be returning next season - a possible indication that they didn't win THIS season, but who knows?  That should be spoiler-y enough without telling you who.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #506 on: December 12, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »
So is that the only potential spoiler? I *may* be able to live with that one if that's all (and I'd say it's a pretty good assumption that they didn't win). And if it's someone that I wanted to win, at least I'd be happy to see them returning. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #507 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:02 AM »
That's the only spoiler for this season, really.  Plus the spoilers of who's coming back.  Figured I'd mention it at the beginning of the post for those that didn't want to know.  But then again, i guess you have to expect spoilers if you come in here reading stuff, right?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #508 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:43 AM »
That's the only spoiler for this season, really.  Plus the spoilers of who's coming back.  Figured I'd mention it at the beginning of the post for those that didn't want to know.  But then again, i guess you have to expect spoilers if you come in here reading stuff, right?

At this point, I think it was wise to disclaimer the possible spoiler, since it affects the currently running season beyond what has been shown on TV, so wise call.
Once the season is finished however, yeah, you would expect possible spoilers.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #509 on: December 12, 2012, 10:01:14 AM »
So I'm thinking they should do a season called Survivor: Asshole Island.  They could get some new players, then bring back a bunch of previous contestants who were fairly universally reviled for being nasty or irritating people.  Bring back Abi, Colton, Brandon, NaOnka, and others.  Special prize to the returning player who manages to be the least obnoxious enough to outlast the other returnees.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #510 on: December 12, 2012, 10:03:49 AM »
So I'm thinking they should do a season called Survivor: Asshole Island.  They could get some new players, then bring back a bunch of previous contestants who were fairly universally reviled for being nasty or irritating people.  Bring back Abi, Colton, Brandon, NaOnka, and others.  Special prize to the returning player who manages to be the least obnoxious enough to outlast the other returnees.

:lol Sounds sort of like Heroes vs Villians, except brutal. Love it.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #511 on: December 12, 2012, 10:09:12 AM »
Yeah, they can send the voted out people to "Asshole Island", like Redemption Island.  Whoever LOSES the challenge at Asshole Island stays.  Then when they finally get the chance to come back in, they have to do a "me vs. everybody else" immunity challenge to to stay in.  If they lose, they have to leave.  If they somehow manage to win, then they have to accept the win with the caveat that they're automatically voted out at the next tribal council.  Something like that.  I haven't worked out all the details.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #512 on: December 12, 2012, 10:14:45 AM »
When you're on asshole island, you do the video thingy to the camera, but they don't tell you that there's a live feed from asshole island back to camp.
Also, at tribal council, the voting isn't anonymous. You have to cast your vote verbally in front of the tribe.

I'll get back to you with the rest. You're welcome.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #513 on: December 12, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »
The live feed back to camp is fantastic.  Absolutely essential.  They could hold the whole thing in Detroit or Compton or something.  THOSE are places you should feel lucky to have survived.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #514 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:50 AM »
I actually thought the public voting was a better idea. Imagine the bitchiness at camp, when you can't hide from trying to backstab someone. Imagine the bitching right there as they vote! The evil glances at each other.

And Survivor: Ghetto is a fantastic idea. :lol They have to hunt for rats, and they're given a giant can of beans to survive on, and their shelter is made in an alley.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #515 on: December 12, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »
I like that part also.  No treachery possible, you're just like "BOOM, I vote to evict you, loser!" (Now I'm talking like it's Big Brother)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #516 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
Basically it's just there to stir shit up, and not let anyone scheme in private without everyone knowing. The intent is to make them pretty much kill each other at camp. :lol

Imagine those ratings.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:54 AM »
THAT is Survivor.  T'would be epic.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #518 on: December 12, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »
Ding dong, the bitch is gone!! :tup :tup

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #519 on: December 12, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
About fucking time.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2012, 08:19:31 PM »
Seriously. Denise or Malcolm will now proceed to win. I'm curious to see the link about next season, but I think I will hold off if there is any indication as to who will win the current season.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #521 on: December 13, 2012, 06:55:23 AM »
Ding dong, the bitch is gone!! :tup :tup

:victorydance:

She just shoots herself in the foot every time she opens her mouth, and it FINALLY caught up with her.
So calling Skupin a moron continuously during tribal was your plan to get him to not vote for you? :lol

I loved seeing Denise stuck at camp with Abi, because she was completely patronizing her and just agreeing with everything to keep the peace. It was like she was babysitting.

Also guys, I have a great drinking game for next season (or this season if you want). During tribal, whenever anyone starts an answer with "absolutely", you take a drink. Good luck remembering who got voted out the next day.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #522 on: December 13, 2012, 07:04:37 AM »
Good God, I'd be in the hospital.  :lol

I started to think she was PURPOSELY calling Skupin names.  The worse she made herslef look, the more likely (in her mind) that someone would be convinced to take her to the end.  Also, Skupin continues to amass injuries, damn near getting blasted by exploding shit in the camp fire.  Him getting wired up on soda was prety amusing also.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #523 on: December 13, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
I think Abbi was just pissed that she knew she was getting voted out, so she resorted to name-calling because that's just who she is.  I suspect she is gonna take a beating at the reunion on Sunday.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #524 on: December 13, 2012, 08:51:50 AM »
I think Abbi was just pissed that she knew she was getting voted out, so she resorted to name-calling because that's just who she is.  I suspect she is gonna take a beating at the reunion on Sunday.

Speaking of which, I'm actually surprised she didn't completely lash out after being voted out, because she seems like the kind of person to go down in flames. Although her "good luck to all of you" was typically completely passive aggressive anyway.
And she is going to get slaughtered at the reunion. I hadn't even thought of that until now. She's going to cry. And my care level will be non-existent. Now I'm excited.