Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 187478 times)

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1575 on: November 10, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »
Yet another advantage in the game. This on top of the one that was found at the start. I can't even remember who got that one?

And I hate the Millennials so much. Everything's just a joke. HAR HAR LET'S BLINDSIDE HIM THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS. I STOLE THE FOOD SO FUNNY!

Jessica, the big-eyed Susan Sarandon look alike got the legacy reward.

And yes, get Taylor out NOW.  Smug, self-important little shithead.  He steals food from everyone, jokes about it, clearly is NOT sorry and does not give a shit, and they keep him.  WTF?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1576 on: November 16, 2016, 10:26:40 PM »
I'm glad to see all the votes going towards douchebag millennials tonight. :lol Well done.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1577 on: November 17, 2016, 06:17:53 AM »
GOD, that was awesome.  Fuck you, shitbag.  Him and Jay can both eat a bag of dicks.  NOT cool throwing Adam under the bus like that.  I mean, I get it, you have to do what you have to do to stay in, but those guys were cocks about it the entire time.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #1578 on: November 17, 2016, 06:30:06 AM »
The only bummer about Taylor going home is that i drew him in our office pool. But i knew early on he would not make a good run being how big a d bag he is, at least I still have Summer left.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1579 on: November 17, 2016, 06:35:15 AM »
That was one of the most satisfying vote-offs I think I've ever seen.  God I hated that douchebag.  Additionally, he had a relationship with someone pre-show, got her pregnant, went on the show, had the whole thing with Figgy, they get out of the show, she finds out, and dumps his dumb ass.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/11/survivor-taylor-stocker-pregnant-baby-figgy/

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1580 on: November 17, 2016, 06:54:27 AM »
Also, don't forget, the first two Ponderosa videos are up.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1581 on: November 17, 2016, 07:37:03 AM »
Glad to see Taylor go.

Methinks Adam is not long for this show.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1582 on: November 17, 2016, 08:11:02 AM »
Methinks Adam is not long for this show.

yeah....the rug has been pulled out from underneath him now.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1583 on: November 23, 2016, 08:59:07 PM »
Great 2 hour episode. Nice blindside on Chris and drawing rocks is crazy. Still confused why David would play that idol for Ken when his name hadn't been mentioned at all. I'm sure he panicked a bit but that was a massive error on his part.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1584 on: November 24, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »
Great 2 hour episode. Nice blindside on Chris and drawing rocks is crazy. Still confused why David would play that idol for Ken when his name hadn't been mentioned at all. I'm sure he panicked a bit but that was a massive error on his part.

He definitely panicked. He played it for himself, then changed his mind without thinking when someone mentioned Ken's name. He wasted that idol. Maybe it will earn him some points with Ken, although I don't know that he needed it or that it will help.
I knew tribal was going to be crazy when there were like 10 minutes left in the episode and they were already reading out the votes. Great stuff. I'm actually happy with how it turned out because I don't know how much longer I could stand to see Jess' head.

And I was really really hoping I'd never have to hear the term voting block ever again.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1585 on: November 30, 2016, 06:47:51 AM »
So yeah, what a topsy turvy Tribal Council that was last week.  I didn't mind Jess at all, but the weird sort of wide-eyed Susan Sarandon kinda thing she had going on was a little odd.  HUGE fuck up on David's part.  He should have realized that throwing Ken's name out at TC last second was a red herring, to throw them off the vote for Hannah.  Easy to say from my couch, I guess, but still, the WHOLE TIME, they were targeting Hannah, why would they suddenly switch at the last second?

Also, I've been watching the Ponderosas.  Always good stuff and I'm glad I finally started watching them.

I don't know how much longer I could stand to see Jess' head.

Jess is considerably more presentable to the camera after getting settled in at Ponderosa.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1586 on: November 30, 2016, 07:32:25 AM »
I need to watch the Ponderosa episodes. Haven't yet.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1587 on: November 30, 2016, 07:34:22 AM »
There's four to catch up on.  I think it was you that convinced me to start watching them.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1588 on: November 30, 2016, 07:37:24 AM »
There's four to catch up on.  I think it was you that convinced me to start watching them.

Could have been. I remember talking about them. I keep telling myself to but the Miller house has been crazy! These kids Intell ya, they keep 'needing' things and expect me to be their Dad and all of that.  :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1589 on: November 30, 2016, 07:42:17 AM »
Unacceptable!  My stepson goes for his driving test on Saturday morning.  Assuming he passes, the load is likely about to lighten for all of us, responsibility-wise, since we can now send him out for errands and he can come and go without us having to take him around.  Also, when we're all drinking on a Saturday night, we can send him to go for pizza or fast food.  :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1590 on: November 30, 2016, 08:09:16 AM »
Unacceptable!  My stepson goes for his driving test on Saturday morning.  Assuming he passes, the load is likely about to lighten for all of us, responsibility-wise, since we can now send him out for errands and he can come and go without us having to take him around.  Also, when we're all drinking on a Saturday night, we can send him to go for pizza or fast food.  :lol

Nice! With them being 10,9 and 6 I'm limited to the free labor I can get from them.   :lol   A lot of housework chores and that's about it. If I weren't so anal about my lawn and landscaping I'd have trained my 10 year old on cutting grass by now but i want to keep that one for myself for a bit.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1591 on: November 30, 2016, 10:40:04 PM »
Adam had a good episode. I knew he was going to say he wasn't using his advantage to steal the reward. Then he got picked anyway for it. That's the reward he (and everyone) really wanted anyway, so it wasn't a big loss to give it away. I'd let everyone else know I'd given it away though, take some heat off himself. Then he wins immunity and uses his idol to save his alliance.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1592 on: December 01, 2016, 06:24:50 AM »
I was starting to tire of Zeke, so this episode was awesome.  If anyone wondered, if someone is voted out and votes are left unrevealed, (like last night, two remained), Probst DOES NOT reveal those votes to the remaining survivors.  So none of them know for sure how Will voted.  I figured that was the case, but checked with Andy from Reality Blurred, who confirmed it.  Andy has been on location for several past seasons of Survivor and been part of the "Dream Team" that tests out the challenges (the faceless people you see running through the challenge while Probst is explaining how the challenge works), so I figured he'd have the scoop on it.  It was good for Adam to play the idol, for the "he fucking got us" on the other alliance, but unfortunately, he didn't need to use it, since Adam voted Zeke out.  Oh well.

Also, after a winter hiatus, Amazing Race returns April 21 and the next season of Survivor has its two hour debut on March 8.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1593 on: December 01, 2016, 06:26:46 AM »
Also, the cast for next season's Survivor.  All returnees:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/05/survivor-34-cast-all-stars/

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1594 on: December 01, 2016, 07:11:14 AM »
All in all, I thought that was a pretty good episode.  Too bad that Adam effectively wasted his hidden immunity ballsack idol, but it still turned out fine.  Zeke was a huge threat, and needed to be taken out.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1595 on: December 01, 2016, 07:43:28 AM »
I was starting to tire of Zeke, so this episode was awesome. 

yeah...initially I liked him but his attitude shifted somewhere along the line and he got to be pretty annoying to me. Was glad to see him go. Honestly, if I had a 'favorite' right now and someone I'd like to see win it'd be Jay. I like the way he's playing. Strategic yet he's not a complete dick about any of it. I liked Ken up until last night....that was just an odd thing to do?

Adam is a close second for me also, he's played tough.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1596 on: December 01, 2016, 07:47:52 AM »
Jay got very much under my skin when he, in cahoots with douche Taylor, conspired to throw Adam under the bus a few weeks ago.  Now, I will say that Jay redeemed himself to me considerably when he rewarded Adam's good will in NOT stealing a family visit from anyone, by letting him in on the reward.  THAT was a fucking class move.

I've been a big fan of Ken all the way, but last night, both of us were sitting there scratching our heads like "DUDE, WTF, JUST GO ALONG WITH IT AND STFU!"

Also:

ballsack idol

That was awesome.  :rollin

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1597 on: December 01, 2016, 07:50:21 AM »
Jay got very much under my skin when he, in cahoots with douche Taylor, conspired to throw Adam under the bus a few weeks ago.  Now, I will say that Jay redeemed himself to me considerably when he rewarded Adam's good will in NOT stealing a family visit from anyone, by letting him in on the reward.  THAT was a fucking class move.

I've been a big fan of Ken all the way, but last night, both of us were sitting there scratching our heads like "DUDE, WTF, JUST GO ALONG WITH IT AND STFU!"

I agree with all of that, although I still think Jay leans towards douchebag. But he's less of a douchebag since the other dude got booted.
Ken's a nice guy, but that move was just bad gameplay.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1598 on: December 01, 2016, 07:54:14 AM »

I agree with all of that, although I still think Jay leans towards douchebag. But he's less of a douchebag since the other dude got booted.
Ken's a nice guy, but that move was just bad gameplay.

Agree about Jays past. I think since Taylor has left he's been a different, better person and player. And agree about Ken. Nice guy and easy to like but what he did last night shows he doesn't have a clue as to how to play Survivor.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1599 on: December 01, 2016, 08:24:46 AM »
Yeah, until last night Ken was one of our favorites, but we were also literally screaming at the TV asking him what the hell he was thinking.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1600 on: December 01, 2016, 08:26:41 AM »
:lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1601 on: December 01, 2016, 11:33:56 AM »
On the other forum I frequent, it was said (basically) that these people act like they've been away from family for 10 years, judging by their reactions and I got to thinking about it.  They eat very little.  They may get a few hours of sleep a night.  They live in a constant state of paranoia that someone is going to stab them in the back.  So much so that I've read that it is not out of the ordinary for Survivor and Big Brother contestants to return to normal life and have trouble trusting people for a while.  Even loved ones.  You put all of those things together and couple them with exposure to the elements and sometimes physically demanding challenges, I can totally understand how the presence of a loved one who you know you can trust and who cares about you, could elicit such an emotional response.

If I were out there for a month I would be a complete and total fucking MESS at the sight of my wife.  I'm not sure if I would be capable of controlling my emotions.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1602 on: December 01, 2016, 09:31:58 PM »
I miss my family members if I haven't seen them for a week, and that's when I'm at home under normal conditions. :lol Now stick me on some shitty hot island with hardly any shelter, with a bunch of strangers all being phony a-holes trying to backstab each other, where everything said is part of a plan with barely any food or sleep, and I'd be beyond thrilled to see a familiar face I can trust. It's basically like being in prison, except with the promise of money. :lol

That said, I always entirely skip past the family stuff, because I have no interest in seeing the same cheap contrived emotional moments every season.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1603 on: December 07, 2016, 07:23:05 AM »
Next week is the finale!  Feels like it just got started!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1604 on: December 07, 2016, 12:12:53 PM »
Next week is the finale!  Feels like it just got started!
Really?  Holy crap!

It will be back in March!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1605 on: December 07, 2016, 11:13:02 PM »
They're mowing through this tail end, when this is always the best part. Is it usually this rushed? This episode felt uneventful just because it had to move so fast to get through two tribals.
It's a shame Will went because he was likeable, although he seemed to think a lot more of himself than he really deserved to for what he'd done. :lol
I'm ok wth Sunday going. She was useless. I'm probably going for Adam at this point.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1606 on: December 08, 2016, 06:17:20 AM »
Yeah, Will's "I'm in control, I need stuff for my resume" line of thought was already starting to get old.  You're a kid sitting at the grown-ups table.  You want points on your resume?  Fucking earn them like everyone else.  Sure, his swing vote saved Hannah last week except no.  Adam made sure that Zeke would've gone home no matter what Will did.  I'm kinda hoping for Adam to win at this point also.

I don't recall if I mentioned it, but apparently two weeks after his mother went off the last round of medications, she passed away.   :'(

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1607 on: December 08, 2016, 06:24:56 AM »
Yeah, Will's "I'm in control, I need stuff for my resume" line of thought was already starting to get old.  You're a kid sitting at the grown-ups table.  You want points on your resume?  Fucking earn them like everyone else.  Sure, his swing vote saved Hannah last week except no.  Adam made sure that Zeke would've gone home no matter what Will did.  I'm kinda hoping for Adam to win at this point also.

I don't recall if I mentioned it, but apparently two weeks after his mother went off the last round of medications, she passed away.   :'(

Damn, that's sad to hear, although unfortunately expected. He'll probably be a mess at the reunion. Hadn't she been off the meds for a couple of weeks at the family visit though? Or am I remembering wrong?
I'm not an emotional person, but I like how he's played the game and would like to see him win, and I wouldn't want him sacrificing those last times with his mother for nothing. It's little consolation, but it might help.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1608 on: December 08, 2016, 06:28:04 AM »
Hard to keep track of the timeline, since it's filmed so early.  Last Tribal Council was on May 11.  She died May 14th.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/11/survivor-adam-klein-mom-susie-died-cancer/

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1609 on: December 08, 2016, 06:35:45 AM »
Maybe I missed it in the article, but did he manage to see his mother again before she died, or would he still have been away? I'm thinking the latter, which I can't even imagine how devastated he'd feel. :(