Author Topic: The Survivor Thread  (Read 186914 times)

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: The Survivor Thread
« Reply #1540 on: September 29, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »
It's hard to know without full context, but there must have been something that made them all switch their vote to the same person, and I got no indication of that thought process in the episode. Why her? No attention was drawn to her before the vote. Why change their mind to begin with? I'm just confused about the whole thing.

The only 'hint' they gave was them showing a few scenes where that chic was touting the 'blind side' that Figgy was gonna get that night? Other than that and the thirty second conversation on the beach where her name was mentioned to two people....there was no real 'development' of that vote.

It's just weird and fishy and I wouldn't put it past the network to want to keep that 'couple' on the show for ratings/drama etc.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1541 on: October 06, 2016, 05:25:57 AM »
Again the Millennials seemed to have the better strategy in the challenge, and won. The puzzle was simple though, so it was an otherwise quite straightforward physical challenge. I've got no problem with Gen-X voting out the old guy.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1542 on: October 06, 2016, 06:13:26 AM »
Yeah, he was a little irritating, and when you outright tell the girls TO THEIR FACES that you'll bail on them if the guys want to make an alliance, then do not expect to stick around very long.  Dumbass.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1543 on: October 06, 2016, 06:39:27 AM »
Yep. No one to blame but himself on that. And, CBS edited that episode with heavy foreshadowing that he was going home.

Why the Gen X'rs didn't take the same strategy in the challenge is confusing. Millenials definitely whooped them in that respect.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1544 on: October 06, 2016, 07:29:32 AM »
Yeah, that was a big clusterfuck, although they definitely voted out the correct person.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1545 on: October 06, 2016, 09:04:46 AM »
Alos, lol at the millennials getting denied the deal for fishing gear because GX said no.  Andy from Reality Blurred says:

Of course, the Gen Xers said no, which Michaela astutely observed would never have happened had the Gen Xers been the millennials’ parents, because parents of millennials literally don’t know the word “no.”

:lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1546 on: October 06, 2016, 09:30:22 AM »
lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1547 on: October 12, 2016, 11:55:09 PM »
Was it really worth it for Mr paranoid to use his idol on that tribal vote? Personally I would have been happy to see both of those girls go. :lol But it didn't seem like a worthwhile strategic move.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1548 on: October 13, 2016, 06:25:09 AM »
Yeah, that didn't really make a whole lot of sense to me, as he's now got nothing to save his own ass, but at the same time it was fucking beautiful.  Hey Lucy, you don't talk to people like that.  Demand that they do every goddam thing YOU want from them, then expect them to just lie down and follow orders.  Then pull this "Well, I thought men could handle me being blunt".  You weren't being blunt.  You were being a bitch.  Fuck that noise.  I was happier than a pig in shit to see her go.

Andy from Reality Blurred says:
Now David is idol-less and even more vulnerable. He would have made himself less of a target if he’d stolen a Survivor transpo department speedboat, found the nearest Target store, stolen its sign, and then worn it around the beach as a costume.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1549 on: October 13, 2016, 06:38:40 AM »
I was happy to see her control freak bitch ass get voted out too, but I would have been equally happy to see weird face dead eyes go too. Not really worth saving on any level. I would have just ridden it out and let her continue digging her own grave while retaining the idol as a safety net for myself.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1550 on: October 13, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »
Probably won't be worth it long term to him, but that was beautiful, seeing the look on Jess's face as she realized that the male model had told her the truth, and her time would have been over if not for Dave's sacrifice.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1551 on: October 13, 2016, 12:53:28 PM »
Yep and when she asked him at Tribal if she should believe he was telling the truth and he said "YES!", the look on his face was as genuine as anyone has ever looked when they've told the truth about something.  His face should have clued her in.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1552 on: October 14, 2016, 09:01:47 AM »
Also, now, when it's time to screw her over in the future, she will believe whatever he says lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1553 on: October 14, 2016, 09:07:23 AM »
At least she knows now not to trust her alliance, after one by one, they all voted her out.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1554 on: October 14, 2016, 09:13:52 AM »
Indeed.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1555 on: October 20, 2016, 06:34:12 AM »
Mostly benign episode.  Seemed a forgone conclusion that CeCe would go.  And how awesome is it that David found another idol?  I hope to hell Ken realizes what an enormous red flag the Taylor/Figgy situation is, pulls Jessica and Adam together and sends one of them packing, should they go to TC.  Interesting to see them split into three tribes.  I thought for sure it would be the standard two team mix up.  I wouldn't have wanted to be the team picked to have to start from scratch.  Though Michaela ruled that episode for the Ikabula tribe.  Started fire AND won the challenge for them.  Boom.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1556 on: October 20, 2016, 06:43:57 AM »
Yeah, a bit of an unexpected twist to swap from 2 teams to 3 teams. They've started with 3 several times and merged down to 2, but not the other way around that I've seen.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1557 on: October 20, 2016, 07:31:08 AM »
Yep, that was definitely different. 

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1558 on: October 20, 2016, 07:42:59 AM »
No doubt CC needed to go...she's been horrid at the challenges and has just been gliding along. Really no surprise there other than she really thought she was safe.

I'm curious as to how long they'll have the three tribes and if when they merge it's 'the' merge....to one?

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1559 on: October 20, 2016, 07:45:23 AM »
David should be thanking his lucky stars that they didn't vote HIM out, after his ridiculously abysmal challenge performance.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1560 on: October 20, 2016, 08:55:15 AM »
David should be thanking his lucky stars that they didn't vote HIM out, after his ridiculously abysmal challenge performance.

he honestly did look like he was throwing it. I mean, kicking that bouey across the dock multiple times AFTER he swam like a 4 year old in the ocean to get there? dude definitely has zero physical game.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1561 on: October 26, 2016, 07:37:30 PM »
If you're gonna break up the power couple why not get rid of the physical threat? I'd have sent Tahlor home, not Figgy. Either way....good move IMO.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1562 on: October 27, 2016, 12:16:06 AM »
If you're gonna break up the power couple why not get rid of the physical threat? I'd have sent Tahlor home, not Figgy. Either way....good move IMO.

With such low numbers per team, it could also be in their best interest to keep the stronger player for challenges so they can keep the numbers. Or maybe they got along better with the guy. The game of Survivor is a balancing act, so there's merit to both choices. Not sure either choice was really better or worse.
But agreed that splitting up the couple was a good idea regardless of who. It was a bad move to make it public, but they had to given how terrible they were at keeping it a secret in the first place. Such millennials. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1563 on: October 27, 2016, 06:30:47 AM »
And my, isn't she full of herself?  I take it as a compliment, they had to get me out, because I was such a force to be reckoned with that I'd have taken them all out.

Clearly someone who always got a ribbon for participation and never had to be told "You know what your team lost, because the other team was better".

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1564 on: October 27, 2016, 06:31:22 AM »
Clearly someone who always got a ribbon for participation and never had to be told "You know what your team lost, because the other team was better".

This basically defines the entire Millennial generation. :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1565 on: October 27, 2016, 06:33:20 AM »
Exactly why she obviously thought so highly of herself.

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1566 on: October 27, 2016, 08:06:57 AM »
And my, isn't she full of herself?  I take it as a compliment, they had to get me out, because I was such a force to be reckoned with that I'd have taken them all out.

Yeah, I chuckled at that. She certainly was no where near as good a player she thought she was. She struggled in everything she attempted in the challenges.

How about the two bone heads who let someone sneak up on them while finding the idol. That one dude specifically said "keep an eye out"  :lol   

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1567 on: October 27, 2016, 08:13:37 AM »
That shit was awesome.  Boom, you got found out, morons.  I'm on the fence about Michaela.  She has been pretty much saving her tribe's ass the last two episodes, but now she's getting a little on the mouthy/bitchy side.  She totally steamrolled Hannah and was kinda rude.  I don't care how much you think "I got this", STFU and don't be a bitch.

Also, it's great to see Figgy and Taylor split up.  Then Probst starts pressing them at Tribal.  lol.  Andy from Reality Blurred says:

Figgy and Taylor’s showmance (or “-mance,” as Adam called it) did survive long enough to be uncovered at Tribal Council, where Jeff Probst went for the story he’s craving: The Bachelor.

But Jeff Probst trying to talk two millennials having a fling on a beach into getting married was a bit like watching an old man toddle up to a McDonald’s counter and demanding Chipotle. He tried hard, but he was putting coins in a parking meter and expecting to get a Pepsi out of it.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1568 on: October 31, 2016, 09:19:59 AM »
Finally caught the episode.

Yeah, breaking up the couple was the only rational move to make.  We'll see what happens.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1569 on: November 02, 2016, 11:33:05 PM »
Dem tribal reactions! :lol

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #1570 on: November 03, 2016, 06:14:00 AM »
That was ridiculously satisfying.  Her reactions were all the reason she needed to go.  Cocky and arrogant.  GTFO.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1571 on: November 03, 2016, 07:32:28 AM »
That was fun lol

Online gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1572 on: November 03, 2016, 08:38:39 PM »
That was satisfying to watch for all the reasons stated. She was cocky....but she was good also. Had she made the merge she'd have been a force to be reckoned with. Smart to blindside her before she would have been a jury member.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1573 on: November 09, 2016, 10:26:04 PM »
Yet another advantage in the game. This on top of the one that was found at the start. I can't even remember who got that one?

And I hate the Millennials so much. Everything's just a joke. HAR HAR LET'S BLINDSIDE HIM THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS. I STOLE THE FOOD SO FUNNY!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1574 on: November 10, 2016, 07:30:22 AM »
I want Taylor to go home.  Soon.