Author Topic: Marvellous G's Song Roulette - Round 8 Resuuuuults!  (Read 41493 times)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: Marvellous G's Song Roulette - Round 6 Results Up!
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2011, 09:38:17 AM »
You know you can listen to music on the computer...that is how the songs were sent to you.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2011, 10:58:01 AM »
You know you can listen to music on the computer...that is how the songs were sent to you.

I'm fairly sure that he does. What he meant is that he spent the time he was supposed to use listening to the songs, fixing his iPod.

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »

I'm fairly sure that he does. What he meant is that he spent the time he was supposed to use listening to the songs, fixing his iPod.

Gorille is correct.

Listened to them all 2 or 3 times each now and I feel basically ready to do the writeups, but just finished a massive essay as I listened so they might have to go up tomorrow.

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2011, 03:47:57 PM »
Another round that was nigh on impossible to rank.  :sadpanda: On the plus side, you guys keep your 100% record of sending in awesome songs.

Round 7

1st Place – 6 Points
Jamesman
David Crowder Band – God Almighty, None Compares

I had the exact same reaction as James friend at the end of this song, and it was, ‘HOLY CRAP. WAT,’ and I mean that in THE BEST WAY possible. Because good God (lolnugget) this was epic. Yes, it was majorly cheesy, but I figure that’s partially because I find the subject matter intrinsically cheesy personally so I can’t really comment on it one way or the other. But regardless of cheese levels, this song reached the most epic heights I’ve heard in a long time by the end, and that solo at about 6 minutes in was the best release of tension possible for the song. It’s also really addictive, with a plethora of amazing riffs that could carry entire songs if on their own. JAMES STOP MAKING ME LIKE PRAISE MUSIC :lol P.S I got a really strong Coheed vibe from this based on what little I’ve heard of them, anyone agree?

2nd Place – 5 Points
Sonatafanica
Yoko Kanno And The Seatbelts – Car24

Okay, so Sonata instructed me to listen to this on a walk, and I did, and I did indeed have the greatest walk of all time. It’s songs like these that make me think that incidental music in life really would be the best superpower of all; this just put me in such a good mood and made me laugh as it started. :lol I’m tempted to put this as my alarm clock song but I don’t want any negative associations with it whatsoever, it’s just so happy and the sax solo is awesome. :lol

3rd Place – 4 Points
Kari
Kraftwerk – Pocket Calculator

I really do need to check out more electronic music, if the stuff Kari’s been sending me this roulette is anything to go by. This song, after making me :lol at the sample used, settled into an awesome groove that was incredibly catchy after my first listen, and the solo was indeed amazing, and one of the more out of the box ones I received this round. :lol Nothing wrong with that though, I’m glad you chose this kind of thing, it was really interesting and I’ll make sure to look into Kraftwerk also. Also, best lyrics ever. Space Invader

4th Place – 4 Points
Space Invader
Maynard Ferguson – Chameleon

This is one of those songs, along with Sonata’s, that just puts a big dopey grin on my face when I hear it. I love this kind of stuff, and so this was a great pick, I enjoyed it from the very first to the very last second. I have no idea how good it actually was as a piece as I’ve got no knowledge of the genre, but it sounded great to me and that’s all that matters for me. :lol This is gonna be on repeat on my iPod so often that I’ll get annoyed of it soon, but that’s just testament to it’s addictive greatness. Awesome pick! :tup

5th Place – 3 Points
Zxlkho
Coheed and Cambria – Gravemakers & Gunslingers

Oh man, I need to check out so many bands after this is over. :lol I had indeed given Coheed a try before and couldn’t really get into them past the obvious choice of Welcome Home, but Letters has convinced me to try again with this beast of a track. The riffage here was great and basically up to the ridiculous standard of guitar work that Welcome Home has, which is no mean feat. I also actually really enjoyed the vocals here, which is weird as it was one of the facets of Coheed that I wasn’t a huge fan of before. But here they were cool and, dare I say it, badass, and the soloing was indeed immense. They’re firmly back on my list of stuff to check out.

6th Place - 3 Points
Kingshmegland
Spock’s Beard – She Is Everything

Holy crap, this song had an amazing solo. Whilst I realise the reverence SB are treated with ‘round these here parts, I wasn’t blown away by the song itself; that’s not to say I didn’t enjoy it, I figure I’d just need to listen to it in the context of it’s suite to fully appreciate it. But when that solo hit, OMIGOD. I’m gonna check this band out just on the strength of that solo for sure now, it was truly amazing and perfectly structured, and, surprisingly for prog, didn’t veer on technicality over emotion whatsoever. Brilliant.

7th Place – 2 Points
Fluffy Lothario
The Lonely Shepherd – Gheorge Zhamfir

I’m one of the few people in the world who hasn’t yet seen either Kill Bill, so this was a nice unknown track to me. And it really was very enjoyable. It was a little cheesy, but it’s the intro to Kill Bill of all films so I’ll forgive that in a heartbeat. :lol I really liked the way it built up during its short length into something much more majestic than I’d have guessed from the beginning, and it hasn’t lost any of its appeal on repeated listens yet, which is always a good sign. As a solo it was amazing, and it also makes me want to see Kill Bill even more which is a plus. :lol

8th Place – 2 Points
DTVT
Tony MacAlpine – Tears Of Sahara

This guy is FREAKING INSANE. His tone was amazing, and I wish we got this kind of more classic sound in some of JP’s solos rather than the modern tone he uses nowadays. The solos were indeed awesome, and the harmony bit that made up the last 40 seconds or so took it to a new level, it was brilliant. I don’t think it’s cheating sending in an instrumental song as this song had great solos regardless of whether there was singing or not, and they were very cool.

9th Place – 1 Point
Portucci
Kraan – Nam Nam (Live)

Wow, this was a daunting song. :lol The solos were absolutely insane though, they encompassed everything from jazz to funk to classic rock and I loved all of them. What was also of note here was how cool the bass line was, or it might have been a guitar doubling it, I can’t be sure. I loved how the solos kept coming together for some awesome jazzy rhythm part, and then branched off again. This wasn’t hampered by its length at all, it’s one of the best live jam sessions I’ve ever heard. The recurring ‘themes’ that popped up a couple of times throughout the song were also excellent, and the fact that they were punctuated by solos of so many different styles and speeds really made the song a joy to listen to from start to finish. Unfortunately, the length does make it a bit much for repeat listens, which is one of the only reasons it’s comparatively low this round. I did still enjoy it a lot though!

10th Place – 1 Point
Gorille85
The Agonist – Martyr Art

Man, I wish I could get into this more. The section from 3:25 to the end is just so so so damn good, epic solo and all, that I wish I was man enough to get into the first 215 seconds. :lol It’s not that it’s bad, it’s just that, as DTVT will definitely testify, I’m a wimp when it comes to harsh vocals, so I couldn’t really get past the sheer oppressiveness of the track for most of it, which I’m sure is largely the appeal. It IS ridiculously impressive that she did all of those vocals though, I could scarcely believe it. And yes, she is very hot. :lol

Fluffy Lothario – 28 Points
Jamesman - 28 Points
Gorille85 – 24 Points
Kari – 24 Points
Portucci – 23 Points
Space Invader – 21 Points
Kingshmegland – 20 Points
Zxlkho – 19 Points
Sonatafanica – 19 Points
DTVT – 14 Points

Well, we've come to the final round folks. I'd like to thank you now for all the awesome stuff you've sent me, this has given me enough music to go until at least the end of the world in 2012 and beyond if we get there.  :lol But seriously, amazing stuff.

For the final round, it's definitely going to be an Open Round, but I'm not sure how you guys want to do it. Do we want a betting system so people in the bottom half can stand a chance or something? I'm fine with anything really.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Marvellous G's Song Roulette - Penultimate Round Results Up!
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »
4th Place – 4 Points
Space Invader
Maynard Ferguson – Chameleon

This is one of those songs, along with Sonata’s, that just puts a big dopey grin on my face when I hear it. I love this kind of stuff, and so this was a great pick, I enjoyed it from the very first to the very last second. I have no idea how good it actually was as a piece as I’ve got no knowledge of the genre, but it sounded great to me and that’s all that matters for me. :lol This is gonna be on repeat on my iPod so often that I’ll get annoyed of it soon, but that’s just testament to it’s addictive greatness. Awesome pick! :tup
Not my favourite Maynard tune, but an absolute classic nonetheless! :D

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2011, 04:35:25 PM »
G. That is Mark II of SB.  You may like Mark I which is the Neal Morse era.  I'm glad you liked the CD.  I loved that the rest of the band matched the emotion of the song.

About the last round.  I'll wait to see what the other chime in about it!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
Man, it seems like I got either 6 points, either 1 point! :lol I'll try to send something good... (and hopefully succeed)

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2011, 04:50:41 PM »
G. That is Mark II of SB.  You may like Mark I which is the Neal Morse era.
Also note that She is Everything isn't really a standalone song, it's part of a suite.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2011, 07:36:08 PM »
It doesn't matter what you do...your failitude of magnitudes that numbers and Nick have failed to reach have made it mathematically impossible to win, despite the fact I have sent:

Spock's Beard
Peter Gabriel
Redemption (My only song to get more than 2 points)
Enchant

I have to ask you the same question Bosk recently asked Sonata..."Do you even like music?"

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2011, 07:44:51 PM »
It doesn't matter what you do...your failitude of magnitudes that numbers and Nick have failed to reach have made it mathematically impossible to win, despite the fact I have sent:

Spock's Beard
Peter Gabriel
Enchant

I have to ask you the same question Bosk recently asked Sonata..."Do you even like music?"

WTF :rollin

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2011, 07:55:03 PM »

I'm pretty sure Bosk was just admenstruating that day.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »
That was not a critism of your taste Sonata...notice how we seem to be be doing well in UMH's roulette?

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2011, 02:10:42 AM »
"Do you even like music?"
Yes, just not the music you like apparently. No offense here, I just don't see why you get so upset about it.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2011, 06:56:07 AM »

Spock's Beard
Peter Gabriel
Enchant

:lol Sorry if you feel that way DTVT, it's not a knock on your taste or anything, we just clearly have different tastes, as you tend to prefer more classic prog stuff to the music I'm into. I'm sorry you haven't enjoyed this roulette, but I'm happy you've been in it as I've still got loads of awesome stuff you sent in to check out further.

Anyway, any ideas for the final round? We could just do a normal one I guess, but I feel like that would be unfair.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:32:18 AM by Marvellous G »

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2011, 07:35:22 AM »
Maybe something like this:
If you divide the ten participants in 3 "clusters"

Cluster 1: #1 and #2.
Cluster 2: #3, #4 and #5.
Cluster 3: #6, #7, #8, #9 and #10.

Cluster 1 goes to the finale, no matter what.
In cluster 2 only two people can advance, so one of them won't make it to the finale.
And in cluster 3 they get to battle for the final finale spot..

That way you have 5 finalists and everyone still has a chance to make it there... So you'd compare the points within their clusters and the top 2 of cluster 2 will advance, as well as the winner of cluster 3.

Or something.. You know?

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2011, 07:58:47 AM »

In cluster 2 only two people can advance, so one of them won't make it to the finale.

That way you have 5 finalists and everyone still has a chance to make it there... So you'd compare the points within their clusters and the top 2 of cluster 2 will advance, as well as the winner of cluster 3.

Or something.. You know?

That's kind of what I did, so obviously I'm in the "pro-playoffs" camp...but since he's already ran 7 or 8 rounds, a playoff might be a bit much.  Just run a round worth double points, or maybe score it 10 to 1 so there are more points on the table.

I'm not upset...I'm just mocking G's lack of taste :)

Also, I hate losing.  I play for blood, motherfuckers.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2011, 08:25:48 AM »
You can do all of those in one round... Just compare within the clusters...

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2011, 08:46:27 AM »
I kind of realised after sending my song that, though being an instrumental and having solos obviously, it wasn't really solo-tastic as such.

I think I'll dwell on my last song a little while, I'm tempted to send something quite out there.

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »

Or something.. You know?

I kind of like this idea, then out of the final 5 there could just be one more open round and I'd pick positions based on that song, and how well they'd done overall. Are people happy with that idea?

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »
 :tup

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2011, 10:32:47 AM »
Sounds good G!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »
Cool, unless anyone has any objections we'll assume that's what's gonna happen for now, so start picking what could be your last submission! I would say make sure it's good, but there haven't been any that weren't yet.  :lol

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
:tup

This. I'll be sending my song some time this weekend, also...busy with schoolwork.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2011, 10:13:44 AM »
CENT

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2011, 11:20:40 AM »
Sent mine as well. :)

Offline Space Invader

• The Canadian Doctor Who Fanatic
  • DTF.org Member
  • Also recently addicted to Survivor
« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »
Sent.  :smiley:
Everything can, should and will be progressive.

"The only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain" - Montaigne.

I'm going to need a SWAT team ready to mobilize, street over maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammie Dodgers and a Fez - Eleventh Doctor

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
Okay, I've chosen my pick.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
Sent. :)

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2011, 06:07:12 PM »
Sent!!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2011, 08:34:11 PM »
Sent...I can't wait to see the write-up for my song  :lol

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »
Writeups being written now, might be up tonight if I'm not too dead by the end of them.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #242 on: February 02, 2011, 11:01:37 AM »
Too dead?

Offline zxlkho

• Official Dream Theater Hater.
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #243 on: February 02, 2011, 11:04:02 AM »
He died this morning. Didn't you hear?
I AM A GUY
You're a fucking stupid bitch.
Orion....that's the one with a bunch of power chords and boringly harsh vocals, isn't it?

Offline Marvellous G

« Reply #244 on: February 02, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
This round definitely threw up some surprises!

Round 8

1st Place – 6 Points
Space Invader
Pendragon – Indigo

This was one of the most immediately appealing of the longer tracks I’ve been sent throughout this roulette. The song has a load of different moods and styles that all combine brilliantly, and the vocals are really strong and help to ground the song in a more familiar structure for the first half. What I liked about the first, more traditional half of the song is how crazy all the instrumentation was under the verses; there were constant licks and drumfills that kept stuff interesting throughout, and the vocals themselves were good enough to not even need the awesome backup they got. Around 5 minutes in it earns it’s prog labelling, with an incredible bass-driven atmospheric section with amazing synth and acoustic work, and then it gets pretty heavy but retains the atmospheric vibe of before. This breakdown is just ridiculously good, and it’s what really made the song for me. I realise I’m essentially describing the song structure here, and I don’t want to ruin it for people. Listen to this song if I haven’t spoilt it too much already! :lol It’s one of the best prog tracks I’ve heard since I got into the genre, and was constantly surprising with the directions it took, and it pulled all of them off very very well. (Bonus spoiler: The vocalist seemingly turns into Steven Wilson at the end.) P.S: Ending solo = :O

2nd Place – 5 Points
Sonatafanica
Kings of Convenience – Misread

Sonata waited until the final round for his best pick, it seems. Much like Fluffy’s Fat Freddy’s Drop pick, I immediately listened to this whole album on Spotify on the strength of this track. It’s immediately relaxing and jazzy, which acts as a nice counterpoint to the depressing lyrics, which are simple but poetic, and work really well. Overall this is a really nice track that I haven’t, and don’t think I will, gotten tired of listening to at all, and the whole album is great as well which makes it an even better pick.

3rd Place – 5 Points
Kari
Explosions In The Sky – The Birth And Death Of The Day

I’m amazed at how little post rock I’ve been sent in this, so it was a nice choice of Kari to send some here. And what a track he chose. The intro with the high guitar parts immediately caught my attention, and conjured up really vivid mental imagery that the whole song sustained brilliantly. It really is the case with post rock (for me, at least) that when you’re in the mood for it, it offers an experience you just cannot get from other genres. Luckily I was definitely in the mood for this on my first listen, and it was a really emotional ‘journey’ of a song, with one of the more fitting song titles I’ve heard. The outro in particular really did sound like the end of a long day in musical form. Great song, I’ll make sure to check these guys out!

4th Place – 4 Points
Portucci
Diablo Swing Orchestra – Stratosphere Serenade

I knew that DSO were gonna be a bit outside of what I was used to in music simply by their genre and from what little I’d heard of them, but as it was Portucci’s recommendation I was also really looking forward to listening. This song didn’t disappoint. Admittedly, it was a little crazy at first listen, but after that it began to be a very rewarding song. The outro is my favourite part by far, it just sounds incredibly badass and, unlike Opeth’s Deliverance, I don’t think it goes on for too long at all. The female (I think :lol) vocals also worked nicely and fit the song well, and also made a nice break from the main vocals. A great track that has me interested, although slightly worried, to check out the band’s other work. :lol

5th Place – 4 Points
Gorille85
Mr Bungle – The Girls of Porn

Pure awesomeness. The bassline in this song might be one of the best I’ve ever heard, and it managed to fit the shorter heavy bit absolutely seamlessly into the brilliantly funky verses, which I loved equally. The vocals reminded me a lot of Faith No More in their delivery, which is by no means a bad thing; they added to the funky vibe of the song. (EDIT: I just realised they reminded me of Faith No More as it’s Mike Patton, so my bad for not realising that immediately. :lol I love that guy’s voice) It was also pretty funny throughout, with the various samples making me chuckle, and the final stanza having incredibly lolworthy lyrics.

6th Place – 3 Points
Kingshmegland
Rush – Xanadu

I know I’m gonna get shit for the simple fact that Shmeg was able to send this to me as I hadn’t heard it before. :lol I’ve heard a fair bit of Rush, but Lee’s voice had always put me off slightly. For some reason this wasn’t really an issue for me here, perhaps because the majority of the song was instrumental. The intro was immediately captivating, and the riffs were as memorable and creative as I’ve seen with every Rush song, which is one of the most appealing factors of their music to me. Peart was also on top form here as always, and I guess that every Rush song would have awesome drums, but as I haven’t heard that many forgive me for being amazed by them here. :lol The verses were very cool rhythmically, let alone instrumentally, with the ridiculous drums and the occasional time signature switch ups keeping everything interesting. The solo at the end was as awesome as any of Lifeson’s I’ve heard, which is most certainly a good thing, and the intro reprise was a great way to finish. This song definitely makes me want to continue my incredibly slow journey into Rush’s music. :lol

7th Place – 3 Points
Fluffy Lothario
Bedřich Smetana - Vyšehrad (The High Castle)

I was expecting a bit of a trek when I saw the length, truth be told, but this song surprised me by holding my attention far better than a lot of prog epics do ([/controversy.) It started off very gently, which I always like in classical music, and slowly built up, and then down again, several times, but never in a contrived manner. The album art here also added to the song a lot, it really suited the music, which wasn’t something I’d have expected to ever be an issue, or a plus point, in classical music, before. Admittedly, as I’ve said before, I don’t have much of a frame of reference in classical music to compare this to anything too strongly, but I’ve listened to a fair bit before and this stood out to me as being better than a lot of the rest. The final couple of minutes were especially well done.

8th Place – 2 Points
Zxlkho
Katatonia – Omerta

Ooh, very interesting. This isn’t what I was expecting based on what other Katatonia I’d heard, but it was a very pleasant surprise nonetheless. I can almost imagine Opeth doing something like this in their next album; it just evokes that feel to me for some reason. The vocals were slightly strange but very cool, and the guy has a really unique but interesting voice. As Letters said, it does end ridiculously abruptly, but that doesn’t really take away from the rest of the song for me. Very interesting track.

9th Place – 1 Point
Jamesman
Waterdeep – I’m Afraid That I’m Not Supposed To Be Like This

I really liked the soundscape this song had going on during the verses, which was the most immediately appealing thing to me on my first listen. After that the vocals began to grow on me a lot (they weren’t bad to begin with or anything, I just didn’t realise how good they were) The lyrics were nice, even if I’m not a huge fan of worship lyrics, but I can certainly admit that they were well written. My only complaint is that the song didn’t really go anywhere, which I know is sort of the point (it would be completely incongruous to have an epic solo tradeoff, for instance :lol) but I still felt kind of let down by the end. All the same, Jamesman once again convinced me that I absolutely cannot write off music just because of a preformed conception I had about it, and I’m tentatively looking forward to checking out some more worship music after this roulette! :tup

10th Place – 1 Point
DTVT
Reverend Horton Heat – Cowboy Heat

Lol. As epic as this track was, I think this might have possibly been intentionally bad. Thanks for playing DTVT! :tup

I would like to say now how thankful I am to every single one of you for participating so awesomely in this roulette, all of you have sent me mindblowing, surprising, insane and completely amazing tracks, and given me a massive spread of artists and albums to check out. I'm gonna do the now traditional post roulette thing and keep updating this thread with my thoughts on the stuff I check out: I think some I Mother Earth is first on the cards after this is over, and I'll check out stuff round by round from there. Once again, thank you all for playing, you've been consistently brilliant every single round.  :D

Now, the scores throw up a bit of a problem:

Fluffy Lothario – 31 Points
Jamesman - 29 Points
Kari – 29 Points 
Gorille85 – 28 Points
Portucci – 27 Points
Space Invader – 27 Points
Sonatafanica – 24 Points
Kingshmegland – 23 Points
Zxlkho – 21 Points
DTVT – 15 Points

I did want to use Kari's system, but that would result in 7 people going through to the top 5.  :lol What do you guys want to do here? Once again, I don't really mind. We could just end it here, but I feel like the people tied for positions might want 'closure,' or something.