Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Listened to Awake for the first time..

(1/17) > >>

54_diplomats:
After hearing so much about this album I bought it and gave it a listen. For some reason i cant get into it like the other albums I have such as I&W,6DOIT,ToT and octavarium. My favorite tracks are space dye vest, lie and the mirror but even those dont give me the feelings Learning to live, these walls or glass prison gave me. Im hoping it grows on me, but i dont know. Your thoughts on this?

lateralus88:
It might not be my favourite, but it's definitely a very solid album. Maybe it'll just take some time, who knows. Albums grow on people differently.

Jamesman42:
For one, it definitely stands alone in its mood as an album.

Two, I know many here say it takes a good amount of time to grow on you. Give it time. I was like that, and I used to not like the album. But now it's an amazing album in my eyes.

KevShmev:
Give it time for the sound and atmosphere to grow on you.  After getting into the band with I&W back in '93, the sound of Awake through me off a bit at first, but once I got used to it, the overall greatness of the whole album shone through very brightly, and I now not only consider it unquestionably the band's best work, it is in my all-time top 10.  :metal

Zantera:
Awake is amazing, it's either that or 6DOIT as my favorite DT-album.
Might take some time to sink in, but its worth it.  :tup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version