Author Topic: Give me one song that.....  (Read 3514 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Give me one song that.....
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:55:09 PM »
that you've always wanted but never owned.  You could also have owned it on album or cassette and never had it on cd or downloaded it.

Mine has always been Magic Touch by Mike Oldfield.  I love this song. Max Bacon from GTR on vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1qV52sXZCM&playnext=1&list=PL42823FFD85BB9DFA&index=79
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
Re: Give me one song that.....
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 03:18:08 PM »
Routine by Demians.

You can stream it at https://www.ahddenteam.com/ but never download.  Great song too, shame.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »
Don Henley - Boys of Summer.

I really gotta get that album, it's one of my all time fav songs.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 03:56:04 PM »
Ozzy Osbourne - See You on the Other Side
Alice in Chains - I Stay Away
Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Meatloaf - Bat Out of Hell

Those are all songs that make/made me go 'wow' when I hear/heard them, but I still haven't gotten around to them.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 04:32:34 PM »
Younique - "Not With Me"

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
For some reason, I have never obtained Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon and I love that song. *shrugs*

Offline energythief

• Chubby Chaser
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »
Posting in the other thread reminded me: Howl by Queensryche. My favorite band, and I've never heard it. I am not about to repurchase an album (re-release) I don't really like just for one bonus track, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »
Posting in the other thread reminded me: Howl by Queensryche. My favorite band, and I've never heard it. I am not about to repurchase an album (re-release) I don't really like just for one bonus track, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Never heard of this track, what's it on?
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
For some reason, I have never obtained Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon and I love that song. *shrugs*

You'll laugh but I have a cover of this song done by Warren's son and sung by Adam Sandler.  It's good!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 08:30:15 PM »
:lol

Where could you come across that?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »
:lol

Sweet.

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »
Oh God, I don't think I can choose one from the GTA 3 soundtrack! This is difficult. I love all those songs.
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »

That's a great song and the album is well worth it.

For me.. Sponge-Plowed
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Portrucci

• Fission Mailed
  • You're just another hero riding through the night
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 05:57:35 AM »
I've always liked this Shiny Toy Guns song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-76Rn_J8Y

but I have no compulsion to get the album. I should really own this song, it's so catchy!
on par with the anguish one would have from getting unconsensually bent over and buttloved.

Offline Fluffy Lothario

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:47 AM »

That's a great song and the album is well worth it.
yeah, that's why I don't have the song in all of my cases, cos I'm waiting to buy the album.

Also, America - Horse with No Name

Offline Marvellous G

• I'm not sure on the avatar swearing policy...
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:31 AM »
Fluffy's mention of Horse With No Name makes me remember how Ventura Highway is one of my favourite songs of all time and how I STILL DON'T OWN IT.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 09:03:30 AM »
America is a great choice.  I've never picked up a cd or greatest hits.  How many times have you caught yourself singing to their songs on the radio.
I've always liked this Shiny Toy Guns song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-76Rn_J8Y

but I have no compulsion to get the album. I should really own this song, it's so catchy!

Portrucci, I will checxk out this band!  Thanks!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 09:24:34 AM »
James, I believe you mean Superior - Not With Me. Younique is the album title. Knob.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »
I did download it from amazon, but I have always wanted it on some physical media.... Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do. As far as I know, it was only released on CD in some boxset, and the only vinyl pressing is the single itself.

Offline jonny108

• Snaaaake Eater
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ille qui nos omnes servabit
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Drown With Me - Porcupine Tree :( Love this song but don't have it. Makes me sad.  :'(

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »
Quick Affix (or 'A Quick Fix') by Spastic Ink. it's a bonus track from the japanese release of Ink Complete...i only have the demo  :sadpanda:     i believe there's a youtube video of bobby nailing it on the drums.

Offline energythief

• Chubby Chaser
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »

Never heard of this track, what's it on?

Apparently on the 2006 reissue of Q2K. There is a torrent, but it has been stuck at 85.4% for months.

Offline oh8wrx

• The Sassy Lass from Sassafrass
  • I'm a hoot & a half.
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
"I'm Your Captain/Closer To My Home" by Grand Funk Railroad

This song isn't available just by itself on iTunes last time I checked
Beer: the cause of AND solution to all of life's problems.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 06:05:05 PM »
What... if I want a song I fucking get it...

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 09:59:12 PM »
I did download it from amazon, but I have always wanted it on some physical media.... Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do. As far as I know, it was only released on CD in some boxset, and the only vinyl pressing is the single itself.

It's on the first-ever released Led Zeppelin 4CD Box Set from 1990.

I usually get what I want eventually, but the only song I can think of at the moment that I've never posessed is Music Box Dancer by The Mills Brothers.

Offline ZBomber

• "The Analogy Guy"
  • A Farewell to Kings
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 10:02:30 PM »

I usually get what I want eventually, but the only song I can think of at the moment that I've never posessed is Music Box Dancer by The Mills Brothers.

Thanks! Is that the one with "White Summer" on it as well? Either way, I already have all of the Zeppelin studio albums so those two tracks wouldn't be worth the price of the entire boxset.  :-\

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »

Thanks! Is that the one with "White Summer" on it as well? Either way, I already have all of the Zeppelin studio albums so those two tracks wouldn't be worth the price of the entire boxset.  :-\

Yeah, that's it.

Basically that 4CD Box and the companion 2CD Box released a short time later have the handful of unreleased Zepplein songs that weren't on the studio albums.

Those songs might be on other compilations that have been released since then, I just have those two boxes which cover all of the studio albums so I never bothered to keep track of the various studio compilations that have come out since.

For what it's worth, Traveling Riverside Blues which had been previously unreleased on CD until that first box is also on the BBC Sessions set  if I recall correctly.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
Marillion "Ocean Cloud."
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »

It is actually, or at least was, available on the "Immigrant Song" single CD which I got years ago (back when I figured III wasn't good enough to buy :facepalm: :lol).