Author Topic: Ok DTF I need some suggestions  (Read 5744 times)

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Ok DTF I need some suggestions
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2011, 03:30:03 AM »

Ring of Fire(check out the line up on that one)

that line up makes things happen in my pants

:metal Amazing underrated band.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2011, 05:50:43 AM »
I'm gonna recommend Karnivool to you. They've been referred to as the Australian DT and while I don't necessarily by that I can see how any DT fan would like them. There's plenty of Floyd influences to be found, but unlike PT you don't get hit over the head with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18SUFbABxNQ

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2011, 10:36:08 AM »
I'm gonna recommend Karnivool to you. They've been referred to as the Australian DT and while I don't necessarily by that I can see how any DT fan would like them. There's plenty of Floyd influences to be found, but unlike PT you don't get hit over the head with them.

That was pretty good but from that song I don't see them as an Australian DT. Arcane, on the other hand, I could see as an Australian DT.
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 11:04:58 AM »
Symphony X is criminally underrated and should be as big as DT.  Fates Warning is an awesome band as well.

You will need to give a couple of reasons why. I give to you they have a great singer and Michael Romeo has a really good technique but even so I really don't see how they should be as big as DT.

They simply do not stand out in the prog metal world because opposed to DT which has a unique sound, Symphony X kinda sounds the same as the rest of the prog metal bands. I used to like them but I got so tired of them...
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »
i thought they were the australian tool

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2011, 03:18:29 PM »

That was pretty good but from that song I don't see them as an Australian DT. Arcane, on the other hand, I could see as an Australian DT.

If they were an "Australian DT", this girl I know won't be listening to them. :lol
edit: Karnivool I'm talking about.
i thought they were the australian tool

Might be closer to this description.

Offline Keyboardframe

• Banned from P/R
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »
Porcupine Tree isn't the answer.

oh wow. hit the nail on the head with Circus Maximus.  I am digging this.

thaanks

Ok DTF I need some suggestions

Kill yourself.

this, yeah

Offline plap11

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 03:47:09 PM »
if u like circus maximus, check out andromeda. very similar to CM and DT. extremely underrated.

but seriously, i absolutely hated growling for the longest time, just thought it was the most annoying crap ever. Then i checked out between the buried and me and really loved the instrumentals. i honestly just sat there for a few hours listening to it for a few hours until i could tolerate it cause the instrumentals were too good to pass up. You should give it a shot cause its exactly what you are looking for. my 2nd favorite band right now
The truth is the truth, so all you can do is live with it.

-repentance

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 03:58:07 PM »
Wolfie posted a great band, Sieges Even.  Try them out.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline SPNKr

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
if u like circus maximus, check out andromeda. very similar to CM and DT. extremely underrated.

but seriously, i absolutely hated growling for the longest time, just thought it was the most annoying crap ever. Then i checked out between the buried and me and really loved the instrumentals. i honestly just sat there for a few hours listening to it for a few hours until i could tolerate it cause the instrumentals were too good to pass up. You should give it a shot cause its exactly what you are looking for. my 2nd favorite band right now

When I heard BTBAM (Colors was my first exposure), it was so new to me that it was like showing a child candy for the first time. The vocals were the most brutal I had heard up to that point and the music was insane. I loved it after the first few listens.

Offline contest_sanity

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »
Wolfie posted a great band, Sieges Even.  Try them out.
Gotta third this  :tup
I absolutely love them!