General > General Music Discussion

Really weird question that should probably not even be a thread right now...

(1/6) > >>

73109:
Ok...weird thought I had while I was showering today and I figured I had to ask my stupid question to DTF.

If you are a musician and you are out on the street or you just played a gig and it is a meet and greet, or whatever. You are around a fan and you start talking and the fan starts talking about how much he/she loves your music and he/she says, "Oh yes! I love your music! You are by far my second favorite musician behind _______!"

How do you take that? Would you (or any random musician) appreciate the fan and understand that while he/she likes your music, they like something better, or would you think to yourself, "Fuck that! My music is the best! I create it and I should be number one! And even if I'm not, don't tell me I'm not!"

Weird thought...sorry about that.

DarkEternalNight:
I'd appreciate it but I'd ask about who the favorite is and perhaps start up a conversation about that person.

73109:
I fixed my quote to really get what I was talking about. But your answer does make sense for my pre edited post.

Gadough:
You would have to have a pretty massive ego to get offended at something like that.

sonatafanica:
I would be flattered enough that someone enjoyed my music at all, let alone to be ranked so highly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version