General > General Music Discussion

The Periphery Thread

<< < (188/277) > >>

Heretic:
Omega has the title track and Stranger Things, which are Periphery's best songs imo. So I definitely like Omega better.

TioJorge:
Man, I don't feel that way at all, Pain. I absolutely love Alpha, much more so than Omega, actually. Omega has literally the only Periphery song that I'm not all that into, Priestess. Whereas Alpha has two of my favorite moments from the band... The ending of The Scourge where the chorus to Psycosphere is sung in an awesomely different way with the calm, foreboding keyboard/piano in the background (I really wish Psychosphere had it as well towards the end) and then the entirety of Psychosphere. When I first heard it I was just thinking that it was absolutely perfect and really made me get a big musical boner. I totally forgot to mention that one in my favorites, definitely up there.

Omega is awesome but the fact I really don't ever listen to Priestess brings it down a notch for me. Truthfully though I consider it all one album anyway. Although just Graveless and Stranger Things is amazing enough. I'm not as into the title track of Omega as much as everyone else, but I do however LOVE the piano intro and then the reprise from the title track from Alpha but sung and played much heavier; I pretty much lost it when I heard that. Both brilliant and beautiful.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's all epic and awesome. Also, random but I have heard so many of my friends say this:

--- Quote from: YtseJamittaja on March 13, 2015, 02:19:52 PM --- I'm not even a huge fan of screaming vocals but still this is something spectacular.

--- End quote ---

It's interesting and really cool. Most of my friends aren't into scream/growl vocals but most of them really dug what they heard.

BlackInk:
I probably like Omega better. Stranger Things, Omega, and The Bad Thing are all among their best. I actually really enjoy Priestess as well, though I'm not too fond of Graveless.

But there are some really good ones on Alpha too. A Black Minute and Psychosphere are probably my favorites from that.

Zantera:
I have only ever listened to the albums together as one album, so I honestly couldn't pick a favorite disc. It's all great.

pain of occupation:
fuck. While i still stick by my THC-induced theory, i think I change my mind...My three least favourite Juggernaut tracks are all on Omega, but Stranger Things just might be my favourite Periphery song, so it would be super hard to pick Alpha over Omega if I could only listen to one or the other for the rest of my years.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version