General > General Music Discussion

The Periphery Thread

<< < (237/277) > >>

Train of Naught:
My votes would be different for pretty much every album compared to last year, so it would definitely be interesting, but I don't know whether I'll remember voting every day, I don't visit P/S much.

Ranking the songs on Periphery III is going to be a bitch :lol I think every song on the album is atleast great. The only one I'm sure about is my last place and everyone is going to be pissed about it. Classic Periphery Survivor stuff.

jakepriest:
There doesn't seem to be much interest so I'm not going to be running it at this moment.

Train of Naught:
/Necro

Periphery have been nominated for a grammy for best metal performance, wtf? Apparently it's with lead single The Price Is Wrong, which is a pretty bad song to be exposed to a more mainstream crowd with if you ask me, but still nice that they made it this far. Their competition is Gojira's Silvera, Korn's Rotting In Vain, Megadeth's Dystopia and Baroness' Shock Me.

Out of these I probably prefer Silvera, but to me the fact that a band from the original starting line-up for Sumerian Records made it as far as a grammy nomination is crazy impressive. Hats off!

jakepriest:
Yeah that surprised me aswell. If anything I would expect Marigold to be nominated, that song has sick guitar work and is incredibly catchy in a mainstream kind of way.

Out of the line-up I'd say:
Silvera > TPIW > Rotting in Vain > Dystopia > what is this band even?

TioJorge:
Whoa! I couldn't possibly give any less of a shit about awards, let alone the fucking Grammys; but it's really awesome in regards to the acknowledgement and exposure. I'll be frank as well and say that it's not the best song to get said exposure but the guys deserve anything they can get and it's fantastic either way. I don't dislike the song as much as most (or perhaps better said as "it isn't as far down on the list of favorites") but I do think songs like Marigold or The Way The News Goes... (and in my wildest of dreams, Absolomb) would be a much better fit for exposure. Again though, they deserve any kind of exposure and it's still a great song in comparison to the others. Not a fan of anything else listed with the great exception to Baroness' Shock Me, which is fantastic. I can't pick a favorite between the two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version