Dream Theater > Dream Theater

So IF it is this Minnemann guy...

(1/16) > >>

Samsara:
...first off, dude has way too many "n"s in his last name.

Second, for those in the know about the guy, what will he bring to the table above and beyond just being able to play the songs as Portnoy did? What are his differences from Portnoy, similarities, etc., etc.

I know nothing of the man, other than a quick google search and some impressive YouTube vids. Outside of that, never heard of the guy.

Fill me in.

Of course, if it's not him, then pointless thread points (demerits) for me. But folks seem to know who he his and some are nuts over him. So give the rest of the class a primer.

Gracias.

And if it's Mangini, I'll just go listen to Waiting for the Punchline by Extreme.   :biggrin:

Adami:
Well he can add a cute funny accent. That should count for something.

And he also reminds me of Dana Carvey from Hanz and Franz. So that is enough.

Samsara:

--- Quote from: Adami on December 30, 2010, 02:35:18 PM ---Well he can add a cute funny accent. That should count for something.

And he also reminds me of Dana Carvey from Hanz and Franz. So that is enough.

--- End quote ---

:rollin

Seriously though. What's all the buzz about this guy? I'm not a musician at all, and yeah, dude can play. But what's he bring to the band, IF (and yeah, it's IF) he is the chosen one?

Adami:
He'd bring his drumming. Why should a drummer bring anything else?

It would be nice, but why is it necessary? He doesn't need to bring song writing, structuring, lyrics or anything else. He just needs to bring his drumming.

Samsara:
It is simply curiosity about the guy and what sort of musician he is. I had never heard of him before. Nothing wrong with me asking folks who know about him on here for some details?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version