General > General Music Discussion

Recommend me some Rush!!!

(1/10) > >>

LTE777:
Hi All,

Always wanted to get into Rush but they have far too many albums.

Can you guys please recommend me say the 3 top albums I should check out, maybe their best albums or socially accepted as the best?

Would appreciate as I value to collective knowledge on DTF!!!!

Cheers!

Gadough:
Power Windows
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures

The first one is a DTF favorite; the other two are their most accessible, most commercially successful, and easiest to listen to albums.

wkiml:
probably will get slagged for this, but they have numerous greatest hits/prospective collections..I would suggest one of these since it will introduce you to all of the bands sounds over the 30 year career....

wolfking:
Can't pick 3, sorry;

Permanent Waves
Grace Under Pressure
Moving Pictures
Roll the Bones
Signals
Counterparts

Nick:

--- Quote from: wkiml on December 27, 2010, 04:25:57 AM ---probably will get slagged for this, but they have numerous greatest hits/prospective collections..I would suggest one of these since it will introduce you to all of the bands sounds over the 30 year career....

--- End quote ---

I hate to say it, but you might be correct. Although I naturally want to suggest Moving Pictures (even though it's not my favorite, it's an obvious starting point) a greatest hits package will give you 1 or 2 CDs full of music, as opposed to 40 minutes on the classic studio albums and give you a good grasp of their large body of work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version