Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Can someone explain to me why MP leaving would affect DT listening habits?

(1/8) > >>

Jamesman42:
Maybe I am totally off with this, but I am getting the impression that some people are lessening their DT listening time on purpose because of all of this "tension."

If that's true, why? I don't get the correlation at all. Does his leaving and all this press between MP and the band generate some kind of wrong note to you and you can't listen to DT as much until the dust settles a bit?

Thoughts?

ALSO: Wherever this discussion leads to, be respectful of MP and DT in this thread. I did not create this to spark any sort of bashing or anything. It's a curious question and is not intended for disrespect.

Adami:
I can't think of anyone who is doing this.

orcus116:
I can only see the real diehard MP fans doing this out of spite but it would honestly be silly for anyone to make that their reasoning. I know my own personal reasons for lessening any DT listening stems from diminishing interest in the genre.

Jamesman42:
I dunno, I've seen some posts that suggest it. There are so many posts, though, that I can't really pinpoint where they are. :lol

The Letter M:

--- Quote from: orcus116 on December 27, 2010, 12:41:07 AM ---I can only see the real diehard MP fans doing this out of spite but it would honestly be silly for anyone to make that their reasoning. I know my own personal reasons for lessening any DT listening stems from diminishing interest in the genre.

--- End quote ---

I'd have to agree with this - I haven't been in a "heavy" mood over the last half-year. I've returned to more symphonic rock (a la Genesis, Yes, TFK, SB, etc.) and strayed less from heavier rock/metal (Rush, DT, PT, etc.). I'm not sure why, but it's just been how my musical moods have carried me over the last few months. I'm sure I'll get back into the heavier music in the coming months as my moods change with the seasons/time of year.

-Marc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version