Author Topic: Full studio cover  (Read 779 times)

Offline Ninegauge

• Laugh Out Loud and Dance Like Hell!
Full studio cover
« on: December 23, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »
Hey, I know loads of people have done covers of the songs from Suspended Animation, but I haven't seen a properly multi-tracked version yet attempted. Anyway, here's my go at 'Jaws of Life' with all five guitars. I hope to do the rest of the album next year. BTW, I wanted to post this in the John Petrucci forum, but it won't let me register... What's up with that? Anyway, here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7HfzMlDrPY
Nineguage you are one supremely talented dude

www.facebook.com/ninegauge

In the name of the Johns, and of LaBrie, and of Mike and Jordan.
Amen.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
Re: Full studio cover
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 07:22:28 PM »
Wow!  That was amazing!

I'm not familiar with the song, so I can't speak for it's accuracy, but who cares?  That is some amazing playing, and you get a really nice tone out of whatever it is that you use! 

Offline In The Name Of Rudess

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 12:56:25 AM »
Indeed amazing. The solos are jaw-dropping. The part at 5:20 requires tremendous accuracy, especially with double-tracked guitars, but you nailed it.

Oh, and I know why you can't register on the John Petrucci forum. He's scared of your competition.  :D

Offline yeshaberto

• DT.net Veteran
  • Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 12:58:28 AM »
really nice work

Offline Ninegauge

• Laugh Out Loud and Dance Like Hell!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 05:12:46 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! Actually there is an intertesting point to be made about the part at 5:20. In the tab for this song it indicates that all these notes are triplets, and are equal in duration. On the record Petrucci actually divides the 18 notes in each bar into three fours and then one six. I tried to record it all in triplets, as indicated in the tab, to hear what it would sound like.
I used a Marshall TSL that I have had to 'help out' with a distortion pedal since it's total gain was decimated after it's last servicing, an RG, and as far as I know the cheapest double-locking seven-string guitar in the World...  ;)
Nineguage you are one supremely talented dude

www.facebook.com/ninegauge

In the name of the Johns, and of LaBrie, and of Mike and Jordan.
Amen.