Author Topic: The Foo Fighters Thread  (Read 83620 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Foo Fighters Thread
« Reply #560 on: February 04, 2022, 09:45:54 AM »
The full Madison Square Garden re-opening concert from last June is on their youtube channel.  Very well done, and since I was there, this is awesome.  :metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoWmrYiGTOM

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #561 on: February 15, 2022, 04:29:41 PM »
Trailer for Studio 666…

https://youtu.be/UEDkqOBhPis

About that.  Their Youtube Channel has a song called March of the Insane from a band called Dream Widow which is apparently a fictional band in the movie?  Apparently, the Foo Fighters created this song and took their evil pills for this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8XbTDBhXc

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #562 on: February 15, 2022, 06:36:51 PM »
Trailer for Studio 666…

https://youtu.be/UEDkqOBhPis

About that.  Their Youtube Channel has a song called March of the Insane from a band called Dream Widow which is apparently a fictional band in the movie?  Apparently, the Foo Fighters created this song and took their evil pills for this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj8XbTDBhXc

Dave Ghrol going Black Metal
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #563 on: February 15, 2022, 08:06:56 PM »
Hah! That's awesome!

Dream Widow :lol
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #564 on: February 17, 2022, 11:43:27 AM »
Apparently they even recorded a whole album worth of material with Dream Widow.  :lol
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #565 on: February 25, 2022, 07:46:46 PM »
Just came home from watching the movie, and it was fine for what is supposed to be.

I laughed here and there, which is what I was expecting.

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #566 on: February 27, 2022, 09:35:20 AM »
Just came home from watching the movie, and it was fine for what is supposed to be.

I laughed here and there, which is what I was expecting.

Same here. It's ok. The humor reminded me of Leslie Nielsen's comedies for some reason.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #567 on: February 27, 2022, 06:47:39 PM »
Went to see it friday night specifically because it was announced ahead of time the full band and director would make an appearance to intro the film at our showing  :metal
Cool getting to see them talk about their experience of making the film in person  :tup

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2022, 09:19:03 PM »
Will put this in the RIP thread.

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #569 on: March 25, 2022, 10:38:44 PM »
Apparently they even recorded a whole album worth of material with Dream Widow.  :lol

It came out today. It's pretty much all Dave with a guy providing the guitar solos. If you buy from the Foo's website you can get it uncompressed as there is no physical version.

https://shop.foofighters.com/collections/digital-albums/products/dream-widow-digital-download

I just bought it after checking out the samples. Downloading now.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline MinistroRaven

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #570 on: March 26, 2022, 06:44:04 AM »
Taylor last show, Argentina, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL5TglrLxtI

I am cranking their discography in his memory!

:metal

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #571 on: March 26, 2022, 09:59:42 AM »
Yeah, it's been a while since I really listened to a lot of Foo Fighters, outside of a song here and a song there, but I listened to a bunch this morning already, and plenty more to come the rest of the weekend.

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #572 on: March 26, 2022, 12:12:01 PM »
Yeah, I felt today was a good day to do a Foo Fighters discography run through. It's been a while and in light of what happened yesterday it just felt right.

I'm going through the self titled album at the moment and I forgot how good this album is front to back!  :metal
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #573 on: March 27, 2022, 01:15:44 PM »
Listened to Dream Widow, is actually enjoyable.

Does anyone knows if Taylor played drums for it, or if that was all Dave?

Online King Puppies and the Acid Guppies

• I find your lack of filtered water disturbing
  • DTF.org Member
  • Together we can rule the ocean as father and son
« Reply #574 on: March 27, 2022, 02:13:01 PM »
Listened to Dream Widow, is actually enjoyable.

Does anyone knows if Taylor played drums for it, or if that was all Dave?
Dave did all the drums on Dream Widow.
aka Puppies_On_Acid
I peed next to Ian Mosley and Mark Kelly
Derek Sherinian probably stands 10 feet away from the urinal, shoots from downtown, and announces loudly that he's making history.
Quote from: TAC, definitely not King
Thes sng is are sounds rally nece an I lyke tha sungar

Offline Deathless

« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2022, 07:42:40 AM »
The full lineup of guest musicians have been announced for the London show. This is an amazing group! I'm not a big Foo Fighters fan personally but this is shaping up to be an incredible show.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/rush-and-queen-members-among-musicians-who-will-perform-at-taylor-hawkins-tribute-concert-in-london

RUSH's Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, OASIS's Liam Gallagher, QUEEN's Roger Taylor and Brian May, THE POLICE's Stewart Copeland, JANE'S ADDICTION's Chris Chaney, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE's Joshua Homme, PRETENDERS' Chrissie Hynde, Dave Chappelle, MAMMOTH WVH's Wolfgang Van Halen, Omar Hakim and members of Hawkins's covers band CHEVY METAL are among the artists who will come together with FOO FIGHTERS members Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett, Pat Smear and Rami Jaffee and the Taylor Hawkins family to celebrate the life, music and love of the late FOO FIGHTERS drummer at London's Wembley Stadium on September 3.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2022, 10:26:17 AM »
I think they said more guests to come so unless i'm wrong this isn't the full lineup yet. It's pretty amazing though!  :metal

"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2022, 10:37:05 AM »
Yea it's a really incredible lineup, those tickets are going to sell out in fractions of a second.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #578 on: June 15, 2022, 10:39:47 AM »
They also just announced the guests for the LA show, really looking like a special event.  I'd be trying to go if they did this in NYC.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #579 on: June 15, 2022, 10:53:02 AM »
I may consider the LA show.  I just hope it's not like the Chris Cornell Tribute show (whilst it was a good watch, it felt a little too corporate for my liking).  This could be my only chance to see Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson in some live capacity as I never saw Rush.  Had a shot back in 2015 at the Forum, but I was too broke to see it and thought, "even though, they are considering cutting back touring, they could come back to LA someday."  That was their last show ever.

Offline countoftuscany42

« Reply #580 on: June 16, 2022, 05:30:11 PM »
Got a ticket for the Forum show  :hefdaddy
Assuming this will be my final Foo Fights show, but who knows what the future holds for them.  Also thrilled to see Geddy and Alex play together again, I don't imagine I'll have that chance again either. 

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #581 on: June 16, 2022, 10:52:37 PM »
^^ How much were the tickets?  I checked the presale too late today and the tickets available were already gone.

Edit: Just found out the prices.  $120.00 with fees included.  That's a bit too rich for me to spend.  I'm going to pass for now.  I got to draw a line somewhere.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 10:22:27 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #582 on: June 17, 2022, 10:26:31 AM »
^^ How much were the tickets?  I checked the presale too late today and the tickets available were already gone.

Edit: Just found out the prices.  $120.00 with fees included.  That's a bit too rich for me to spend.  I'm going to pass for now.  I got to draw a line somewhere.

I was just trying to get tickets and it's pretty much impossible. Oh well, I'll settle for some youtube videos.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #583 on: June 17, 2022, 10:34:08 AM »
A lot of not drummers. Who is playing drums? I see Chad, both maybe I don’t recognize other drummers names.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #584 on: June 17, 2022, 10:45:30 AM »
A lot of not drummers. Who is playing drums? I see Chad, both maybe I don’t recognize other drummers names.

Omar Hakim.  Incredible drummer. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #585 on: June 17, 2022, 10:47:10 AM »
Regarding that guest list, here are the drummers I recognized. Stewart Copeland (The Police).  Roger Taylor (Queen).  Chad Smith (RHCP).  Jon Theodore (Queens of the Stone Age).  Brad Wilk (RATM and Audioslave).  Technically, Wolfgang Van Halen can be deemed a drummer as well.

On another interesting note.  John Paul Jones has been added to the line-up as well.  A Them Crooked Vultures reunion can be in place as well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 10:55:28 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #586 on: June 20, 2022, 12:45:30 PM »

That seems pretty reasonable price for such a unique concert with a very popular band.  Fair enough if it's out of your range, but that at least doesnt sound like a rip off (assuming you can get them at face value)

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #587 on: June 20, 2022, 01:11:59 PM »
It is a reasonable price.  I paid around $90.00 face value for the Chris Cornell tribute show in 2019, so you factor in inflation (which the pandemic has really accelerated) and that Foo Fighters are a much bigger band, $120.00 for nosebleeds does seem fair and it will sell out at that price.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #588 on: June 20, 2022, 01:14:36 PM »
Last year for the MSG show (1 year ago today actually) It was around that for the cheapest seats which all sold out quickly leaving the 200+ options as the only available.  They released day of show side stage tickets for $50 that I ended up scooping up to go, otherwise I would have never seen Foo Fighters or Taylor Hawkins. 

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #589 on: August 18, 2022, 06:49:17 AM »

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #590 on: August 21, 2022, 08:38:37 PM »
That's really cool, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #591 on: January 10, 2023, 09:11:17 AM »
Foo Fighters just announced as headlining the Sonic Temple festival in May. Any news on who's handling the drum duties?

https://sonictemplefestival.com/

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #592 on: January 10, 2023, 09:17:54 AM »
Not that I've heard but they have announced plans to move forward with the band.  They are also headlining the Boston Calling festival.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #593 on: January 10, 2023, 09:20:52 AM »
I believe they are going to move forward but with a different name. So same members, new drummer, new band name.

As for who is going to be, no idea. Maybe Portnoy wants in on it  :biggrin:

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #594 on: January 10, 2023, 09:38:39 AM »
I believe they are going to move forward but with a different name. So same members, new drummer, new band name.

As for who is going to be, no idea. Maybe Portnoy wants in on it  :biggrin:

They got Foo Fighters on the marquee for both festivals, maybe they're keeping the name.