Dream Theater > Dream Theater

Would you like to see a DT EP after the next album?

(1/4) > >>

LTE777:
I was thinking, wouldnt it be cool if DT release an EP once every couple of albums with a few live gems added onto the end a la A Change of Seasons followed by a mini 1 month tour playing smaller venues and mixing up the write-record-tour cycle?

It would be great to get some new music in what seems like an endless wait between new albums and we would get some extra music?

What is everyone else's thoughts on this?  Maybe 1 epic and a few bonus songs like Surrounded 07 or Trial of Tears with extended jams/nuggets etc or even some jam tracks that expore other styles? Or should they just focus on the main releases?

jsem:
If we get another ACOS, and it turns out to be really epic - I wouldn't mind it at all. Just no cover medleys....

IdoSC:
ACoS was released as an EP because they originally intended to release it with IaW, but had some problems with it. In my opinion it came out THAT good because they literally had the song for 6 years.

The next EP they released was Wither, and it didn't include much, so yeah...unless an EP means something truly amazing, they shouldn't bother.

LTE777:

--- Quote from: IdoSC on December 21, 2010, 03:58:15 PM ---ACoS was released as an EP because they originally intended to release it with IaW, but had some problems with it. In my opinion it came out THAT good because they literally had the song for 6 years.

The next EP they released was Wither, and it didn't include much, so yeah...unless an EP means something truly amazing, they shouldn't bother.

--- End quote ---

Wasnt Wither released as a single?  I am suggesting a new epic song or something similar in that sense but your right there, needs to be something worth it!

IdoSC:

--- Quote from: LTE777 on December 21, 2010, 04:00:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: IdoSC on December 21, 2010, 03:58:15 PM ---ACoS was released as an EP because they originally intended to release it with IaW, but had some problems with it. In my opinion it came out THAT good because they literally had the song for 6 years.

--- End quote ---

Wasnt Wither released as a single?  I am suggesting a new epic song or something similar in that sense but your right there, needs to be something worth it!

--- End quote ---
Errr https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wither_%28EP%29

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version