Author Topic: The Daily Show covers what everyone else should  (Read 1831 times)

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
The Daily Show covers what everyone else should
« on: December 17, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »
I sucked at embedding it, but the last night's episode on 9/11 first responders is seriously lacking attention over the tax bill, people are dying and all the senate cares about is to extend the tax bill and head home for xmas to their families and conservative christian families in the republican side. it's not sad, it's disgusting.

First resonder reps were on the show last night and the quote from one guy is telling; 'rep senator says he has to take off for one of the 2 sacred christian holidays to be respectful to the establishment yet we respond to fires on xmas with our families understanding.'

my question is, how can you be a christian republican conservative and commit these sins? don't you know you are going to burn in hell for this alone?
DTF.  More reliable than the AP since 2009. -millahh

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: The Daily Show covers what everyone else should
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »
I just saw this. It's honestly disgusting. And the fact that nobody else is reporting on it is even more sad...

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
it's not sad, it's disgusting. i'm ashamed for all of humanity.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 02:22:02 PM »
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 02:31:26 PM by William Wallace »

Online orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 02:39:16 PM »
The clip slamming the Republicans for using 9/11 as an excuse to pass dumb shit a few days ago is awesome as well.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 03:12:06 PM »
Alright, I'll be the asshole. Why should one group of taxpayers be made to foot the bill for this? As I pointed out before, the evil rich people already pay for most of the social welfare provided in this country, whether it goes to firefighters, children, puppies or any other class of victims. Why not reallocate some of the money from the "stimulus" bill to pay for this instead of taxing people more? Congress has yet to spend something like $300 billion of that money.

There's ways to solve this without all the self-righteousness.

Offline PowerSlave

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 03:25:48 PM »
Alright, I'll be the asshole. Why should one group of taxpayers be made to foot the bill for this? As I pointed out before, the evil rich people already pay for most of the social welfare provided in this country, whether it goes to firefighters, children, puppies or any other class of victims. Why not reallocate some of the money from the "stimulus" bill to pay for this instead of taxing people more? Congress has yet to spend something like $300 billion of that money.

I havn't seen the whole episode so, I could be missing the mark on this but the impression I got from what I've seen is that they were being slammed for being more concerned about the tax cuts than the first responders. I didn't see anyone say that the rich should be solely taxed to pay for this but, as I said, I havn't watched the whole thing yet. If I'm wrong you can slap me around a lil' bit and make me sit in the corner for ten minutes.

Now, should we all foot the bill to help those guys out? Sure. You'll get no argument from me on that point.
All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again

Offline ehra

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 04:49:06 PM »

I could be wrong, but from watching one of the videos I was under the impression that the taxes that were originally going to be introduced with the bill were actually just fixing a loophole that was being abused.

Offline ack44

• Banned from P/R
  • Wryyyy
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 07:13:18 PM »
AlJazeera seriously pwns every other news network.

wtf is the internet?

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 11:17:10 PM »
I don't always agree with Jon Stewart, but clips like this and the one eluded to from a few days earlier are the reason I haven't missed an episode in 10+ years.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 05:31:03 AM »
AlJazeera seriously pwns every other news network.

Offline zerogravityfat

• DTF.org Alumni
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:50:16 AM »

as mentioned, there is a loophole that can be fixed that will pay for everything, so we don't lose a thing. plus, even if someone had to pay for it, i think i would be just fine paying an extra 10 bucks out of my pocket to get this done, it's the least i can do, especially living in nyc.