Author Topic: The Oasis Thread.  (Read 21278 times)

Offline dparrott

Re: The Oasis Thread.
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »
Liam on DBTT sounds like he's been gargling glass.  And that sneer....like on Turn Up The Sun..."as a reflection on yeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww"  Ugh.  That's probably my least favorite album.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 05:05:11 PM »
Meh - Liam's always been pretty shit as a singer. I just love the songs on that album and Noel sings three of them.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 05:16:38 PM »
I love his voice in the first three albums and the early demos. 

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline krieger

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
It's a band I admire, but I don't love it.

First two albums (and last) are great works of art.

I quite enjoy the first Beady Eye album...  ;D
"Likely or not, it's a dream that we keep
and at odds with our senses we'll climb
But if faith is the answer, we've already reached it
And if spirit's a sign then it's only a matter of time."

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 05:20:16 AM »
There's a thread for Oasis but not one for Blur, who sound better and have more variety??  :\

Loved Oasis since DM, some of MoGlo is too soft for me, but LOVE Be Here Now.  Then Liam's voice started to crap out.  Giants is pretty good, and Dig Out Your Soul is OK (even with admitted b-sides). 

The new Beady Eye album sounds pretty decent, Liam is sounding close to the older days.

Don't know if you are serious or sarcastic here.  Feel free to start a Blur thread if you like.  Never really cared for Blur at all besides a couple of songs.

I hear you on Be Here Now though, best Oasis album by far.

Meh - Liam's always been pretty shit as a singer. I just love the songs on that album and Noel sings three of them.

I never had a problem with Liam on DBTT.  That album may be my second fav.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2014, 01:23:36 PM »
Just listened to She's Electric, that's one of the most perfect pop songs ever.  Still love it to death.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
I love it too.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
No surprise that High Flying Birds piss all over Beady Eye.

Also - If I was Noel - i'd definitely let Liam do a Definitely Maybe tour without him.

a.) Noel gets all the royalties for every song they play anyway...
b.) It would be dreadful and they'd just get in some randomer to play all of Noel's parts and Liam would be a laughing stock.
c.) It would prove that Liam was just doing it for the £££ - which he is because he never shuts up about wanting to do it - with or without Noel - and Noel has said on many occasions he has no interest in reforming oasis - so he is obviously happy with where he is now.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »
Supposedly a big Oasis announcement at 9am GMT today.

Really hoping that if it is a reunion tour for DM's 20th year - that Noel is not involved.

1. He does not owe Liam any more favours.
2. It will be hilarious seeing Liam act like it's 1994 all over again with some randomer on lead guitar.
3. It will also be hilarious seeing what is essentially Beady Eye on stage playing nothing but oasis songs.
4. Noel will get all the royalties anyway.
5. Liam will seem like a desperate money grabber.
6. In case you hadn't worked out - I'm not a big fan of Liam  :biggrin:
7. I will lose a bit of respect for Noel if he does this after constantly denying it. It would be obviously be about money as there is nothing new to be said about Def Maybe.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »
Supposedly a big Oasis announcement at 9am GMT today.

Really hoping that if it is a reunion tour for DM's 20th year - that Noel is not involved.

1. He does not owe Liam any more favours.
2. It will be hilarious seeing Liam act like it's 1994 all over again with some randomer on lead guitar.
3. It will also be hilarious seeing what is essentially Beady Eye on stage playing nothing but oasis songs.
4. Noel will get all the royalties anyway.
5. Liam will seem like a desperate money grabber.
6. In case you hadn't worked out - I'm not a big fan of Liam  :biggrin:
7. I will lose a bit of respect for Noel if he does this after constantly denying it. It would be obviously be about money as there is nothing new to be said about Def Maybe.

Would Liam be able to use the Oasis name himself without Noel?

I wouldn't lose any respect for him, money talks.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2014, 08:14:52 PM »
Yes - Noel has said they can do what they want without him.

And Noel has got a very successful solo career now and has said since the split that he'd never do a DM tour because Oasis is over and he'd only ever do it if he was completely broke - which isn't happening anytime soon.

To go back on his word just for a blatant cash grab would be a let down for me.*

I don't give a crap what Liam does to the oasis name. As long as there's another High Flying Birds album.

* Liam is the only one who has been into the idea - and often. I can see him getting someone in on lead guitar and claiming he's doing it for the fans.

** Finally - i'd only be into a Definitely Maybe tour if they got Bonehead, Guigsy and Tony to do it. I know Bonehaed played guitar with Beady Eye recently.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2014, 07:52:50 AM »
As i'd hoped - no reunion - just the first three albums reissued.

I hope this paves the way for more official retrospective releases. I'd love the Manchester GMEX 1997 show on DVD or even Knebworth 1996.

A compilation of the final three Wembley Stadium shows too would be nice.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 12:18:39 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2014, 03:52:52 AM »
As i'd hoped - no reunion - just the first three albums reissued.

I hope this paves the way for more official retrospective releases. I'd love the Manchester GMEX 1997 show on DVD or even Knebworth 1996.

A compilation of the final three Wembley Stadium shows too would be nice.

I'll probably pick these up.  Really looking forward to the Be Here Now one.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2014, 03:54:30 AM »
Andy Bell once suggested to Noel that they put the album in Pro Tools and remove most of the rhythm guitar and edit the songs down.

They should do that at some point. Give it the remix treatment.

I'm sure there are some good songs underneath all that noise.

Someone should remind Noel that The Beatles did it with Let It Be and it's sure to happen :lol

But yeah I wouldn't mind an expanded version of Morning Glory. :)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2014, 03:56:24 AM »
I'm looking forward to these. These are the best ones IMHO, the "classics".

And yes, a remix of Be Here Now would be sweet.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 03:58:10 AM »
I was a bit let down by Be Here Now when it came out as there was no progression from Morning Glory and the songs were starting to sound a bit the same.

For me - Don't Believe The Truth is the only worth follow up to the first two albums. **

I see their albums going in a sort of "V" shape - You have the classics DM & MG then it dips a bit with BHN & SOTSOG. It starts to get better with HC then back to full strength with DBTT and DOYS.

** Dont Believe The Truth gave me almost the same feeling as I had listening to Morning Glory the first time.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2014, 03:59:42 AM »
I always loved the louder heavier sound of Be Here Now.  It certainly is a bit noisy, but it fits the songs IMO.  It's my fav Oasis album by far.

Don't Believe The Truth is the only worth follow up to the first two albums. **

That album was an amazing return to form.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2014, 04:06:27 AM »
I liked all the albums upon release but over time I realised that Giants has maybe 3 or 4 stand out songs and the rest are really dreary songs which have a massive production and shedloads of keyboards to try and make up for the lack of inspiration.

Plus only 3 of oasis actually played on that album. Noel, Liam and Alan with Noel handling guitar and bass duties.

Heathen Chemistry was much better than Giants for me. It had a more stripped down production - although still a bit sterile - and had more songs that I liked - for longer.

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »
Looking forward to these reissues. I wonder if Morning Glory and Be Here Now will have the same 3CD special edition options like the Definitely Maybe 20th anniversary edition. It'd be amazing to hear the Morning Glory demoes.

As for Standing, it's probably their weakest album I agree, but for me personally that's mainly because it's got the two extremes: the high tier songs on one end and the unmemorable/filler tracks on the other. Little James is probably the worst Oasis song EVER IMO, but considering it's Liam who wrote it (and his first one I believe!) it's no shocker. I think the demoes than Noel sang on for Standing are better than the actual album itself.

It's nice to see Oasis fans on this forum. For a long time I felt as if Oasis was a guilty pleasure of mine for many reasons. Now I don't feel embarrassed to admit that I love Oasis.

Offline dparrott

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:28 PM »
I think the demoes than Noel sang on for Standing are better than the actual album itself.

+1.  A few good b-sides from that album too: Carry Us All and One Way Road.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »
I think the demoes than Noel sang on for Standing are better than the actual album itself.

+1.  A few good b-sides from that album too: Carry Us All and One Way Road.

Let's All Make Believe is great too. I haven't heard the demos for Standing, I have to check them out.

And Roll It Over is my favourite on that album. Such an overlooked gem.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 07:04:58 AM »
Great songs on Shoulder Of Giants :

Fuckin' in The Bushes
Go Let it Out
Gas Panic
Roll It Over

Good Songs :

Who Feels Love?
Where Did It All Go Wrong?

Weak songs:

Sunday Morning Call
Little James
Put Yer Money Where Yer Mouth Is.
I Can See A Liar - this is almost a great song but the lyrics ruin it.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 08:05:25 AM »
I see Liam has had a pop at Liam on twitter for quitting oasis and being a "roadie" from the 80s.

Let's see shall we ? In the 80s - Noel was on tour with the Inspiral Carpets - writing the songs that would go on to make you extremely wealthy and famous.

..Not sure I see your problem.

Also - Noel quit the band in 2009. This is almost 5 years ago. nice and up to date, Liam.

How's Beady Eye doing ? Have you played Knebworth yet ? ;)

Offline dparrott

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2014, 09:09:57 AM »
I'd put WDIAGW in the great section and SMC in the good section.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2014, 11:02:06 AM »
Sunday Morning Call needs to be faster. It's quite dreary at that speed.

I'd put I Can See A Liar in the good section - barely - if it had good lyrics. The solo is decent. But overall - it's no Headshrinker.

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2014, 11:24:16 AM »
I think I'd dislike Sunday Morning Call even more than I do now if it was faster. I don't think the change in tempo would help the song out IMO. I like the instrumental for I Can See A Liar but lyrically is what kills it for me. I think Who Feels Love is a great song, but that's because I like it as a live song rather than a studio song...the studio version sounds stripped down compared to the one on Familiar To Millions. Roll It Over is probably my favorite off of the album. It was never played live but if they did I would imagine it'd be extended a little bit at the end.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2014, 11:57:17 AM »
I was lucky enough to see Who Feels Love at the concert featured on Familiar To Millions.

There is something about enormous gigs like that.

The second time I saw oasis was at Cardiff International Arena in 2002.

Much smaller and I was right at the front and Liam tried staring me out. He lost. :lol.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
Turn Up The Sun is such a great opener.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2014, 12:04:29 PM »
Turn Up The Sun is such a great opener.

Yes it is. Andy needs to write more songs like that in Beady Eye. Not the vaguely psychedelic boring nothing music they do now.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2014, 12:07:32 PM »
I remember when I first heard Beady Eye's first single from their debut and it was basically " Great Balls Of Fire " and I was like  :lol :rollin wtf is this?!

Then I heard " If I Had A Gun " From High Flying Birds and I was like  :o :'( SO GOOD !

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2014, 04:40:21 AM »
Apparently Noel is releasing a new solo album, don't know when though.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/noel_gallaghers_new_solo_album_is_as_exciting_as_definitely_maybe.html

As exciting as Definitely Maybe? Hmmm...

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2014, 04:48:03 AM »
Probably not.

That said,DM and WTSMG are both very important albums for me.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2014, 05:22:53 AM »
Apparently Noel is releasing a new solo album, don't know when though.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/noel_gallaghers_new_solo_album_is_as_exciting_as_definitely_maybe.html

As exciting as Definitely Maybe? Hmmm...

It'll definitely not maybe be better than either Beady Eye album and at least as good as High Flying Birds.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2014, 06:50:57 PM »
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:36:18 PM by Kotowboy »

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2015, 11:03:29 AM »
Link: https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/oasis-liam-gallagher-ends-custody-battle-liza-ghorbani-article-1.2163111

Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher ends child support battle with writer Liza Ghorbani

His wonderwall has been torn down.

Bad boy rocker Liam Gallagher has ended his long legal feud with writer Liza Ghorbani and their 2-year-old daughter.

The former Oasis frontman settled their two-year legal battle over child support for their adorable tyke, Gemma, lawyers for both sides told a Manhattan Supreme Court judge Thursday.

“I'm just really relieved this ordeal is over for the sake of my daughter,” Ghorbani said afterwards.

The terms of the deal are confidential, but it’s believed to be for more than the court-ordered $5,000 a month Ghorbani had been getting from the British rocker.

Justice Laura Drager said she'd reviewed the terms of the settlement, and that it was a “just and appropriate resolution of the issues that were before the court,” and “very fair.”

Gallagher was not in court for the proceeding, but unlike his prior missed appearances, this time he had permission not to be there. His lawyer, Raoul Felder, said he was in the United Kingdom, and acknowledged to the judge that the distance had been an issue in resolving the case. The "Wonderwall" singer had twice been fined for missing court.
Liza Ghorbani is suing British singer Liam Gallagher to get child support for their daughter. Gallagher has been a no show for the last few court appearances. Marcus Santos
Liza Ghorbani is suing British singer Liam Gallagher to get child support for their daughter. Gallagher has been a no show for the last few court appearances.

It's unclear if the agreement had any sort of visitation provision. Ghorbani has said that the singer has never even met the little girl.

Both Felder and Ghorbani's lawyer, Ira Garr, thanked the judge for helping them settle the occasionally contentious case.

They said the bulk of the details had been worked out over the course of the past two days, but the judge helped them hammer out a few final details before calling the case.

“Good luck to you and your daughter,” the judge told Ghorbani afterwards.

Gallagher, 42, has four children with four women. He had his tryst with Ghorbani in 2010, when she was writing a story about him for the New York Times.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):