Author Topic: Silverchair's Diorama CD  (Read 3780 times)

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Silverchair's Diorama CD
« on: December 14, 2010, 12:05:58 PM »
anybody else into this album? I find it fascinating..
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
Re: Silverchair's Diorama CD
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 12:20:03 PM »

I dont get why all their Youtubes seem to be dissapearing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzcoEx5TDYQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:05:18 PM by EPICVIEW »
"its so relieving to know that your leaving as soon as you get paid, Its so relaxing to know that your asking now that you got your way"

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »
I really love this album, probably my favourite of theirs. The mix of styles is great and there are so many excellent melodies throughout.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 01:04:43 PM »
I really love this album, probably my favourite of theirs. The mix of styles is great and there are so many excellent melodies throughout.

agreed.. a truly amazing and diverse CD of songs and emotions..the melodies are so unique and unexpected, the songs take a while to really understand and process..

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 01:17:22 PM »
Maybe someone should open The Silverchair Thread, huh? I figure there are some fans around here.

Personally, I really enjoy Diorama, although it's not my favorite of theirs. The overall style of the record is appealing and quite original, but in general I thought it didn't quite live up to its potential. Some of the songs could've been much better, and there's a couple of tunes that do nothing for me, which is too bad. I enjoy the heavier tracks on Diorama, like The Greatest view and One way mule. But then there is the captivating Tuna in the brine, which has to be one of their masterworks.

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »
Actually come to think of it, my favourite is probably Neon Ballroom. But both are great albums!

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »
Maybe someone should open The Silverchair Thread, huh? I figure there are some fans around here.

Personally, I really enjoy Diorama, although it's not my favorite of theirs. The overall style of the record is appealing and quite original, but in general I thought it didn't quite live up to its potential. Some of the songs could've been much better, and there's a couple of tunes that do nothing for me, which is too bad. I enjoy the heavier tracks on Diorama, like The Greatest view and One way mule. But then there is the captivating Tuna in the brine, which has to be one of their masterworks.

well said.
it took me a while to really get comfortable with it, its a very personal CD, as the songs are very untradional, and certainly was nothign like Neon Ballroom or Freakshow ( which I also LOVE)..but I agree, Tuna in the Brine, and greatest view are awe inspring.. .. Without You is maybe my favorite..I cant find the video for the original..

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »
For Arrich and Mladen...

this song just knocks me out..After all these Years.
such a peronal and risky song for Daniel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zetGLW-MbAs

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 01:34:25 PM »
I lost intrest after Freakshow to be honest.  They had some good songs but Daniel Johns just kept getting more and more experimental.  Neon Ballroom was alright.

Frogstomp and Freakshow are two of the greatest Australian albums ever produced.

Good to see some fans of this excellent Aussie band.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2010, 01:38:53 PM »
I lost intrest after Freakshow to be honest.  They had some good songs but Daniel Johns just kept getting more and more experimental.  Neon Ballroom was alright.

Frogstomp and Freakshow are two of the greatest Australian albums ever produced.

Good to see some fans of this excellent Aussie band.

Yep... I saw them on their first 4 tours... they were amazing..

WK, thats what I sorta love(d) about Silverchair, they never stayed in a formula..Daniel as a true artist wanted to to keep trying and changing..challenging himself,, as he was quite famous at quite a young age..

I also loved Ammonia
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:32:37 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 01:51:11 PM »
Oh, his visions and passion to create diverse and new material always amazed me.  How they went from songs like Freak to Anna's Song in the blink of an eye is just wonderful.  I guess I didn't mind all the singles from the later albums really, I just liked their young teenage angst debut and follow up album the best.

What did you think of the latest album Young Modern?  I truly believe Daniel has gone mad!  :lol

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 02:01:57 PM »
Got to give props to this 3 cd run,

Neon Ballroom
Diorama
Young Modern

Love them all.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 02:18:02 PM »
Oh, his visions and passion to create diverse and new material always amazed me.  How they went from songs like Freak to Anna's Song in the blink of an eye is just wonderful.  I guess I didn't mind all the singles from the later albums really, I just liked their young teenage angst debut and follow up album the best.

What did you think of the latest album Young Modern?  I truly believe Daniel has gone mad!  :lol

LOL...I agree WK!!! I think Young Modern was like a dream sequence..and I know Daniel was again going throught some sortr of anxiety.. he also had just gotten married to Natalie Umbruglia...but the video for 'If You keep losing sleep" was INSANE!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 02:22:10 PM »
To me, it's their best.

Yeah.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »

LOL...I agree WK!!! I think Young Modern was like a dream sequence..and I know Daniel was again going throught some sortr of anxiety.. he also had just gotten married to Natalie Umbruglia...but the video for 'If You keep losing sleep" was INSANE!

I believe he got divorced from Natalie at that time.

I truly believe Paul Mac is by far the worst thing that ever happened to Silverchair.  Now it's just The Dissociatives featuring Ben and Chris.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »

I truly believe Paul Mac is by far the worst thing that ever happened to Silverchair.  Now it's just The Dissociatives featuring Ben and Chris.

he got divorced? wow... I know he he had some sort of agoraphobia

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 03:01:55 PM »

he got divorced? wow... I know he he had some sort of agoraphobia

Is that's what's wong with him.  I always thought he was a bit weird.

https://www.news.com.au/johns-imbruglia-divorce/story-e6frfkp9-1111115252954

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 03:06:39 PM »
and WK,
remember he almost died of anorexia..I think after that he formed some sort of agoraphobia, which is odd for a guy who  is a rockstar?

I remember on the Freakshow tour he was soooo thin..frail, but he was wild on stage.. they were amazing..
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:57:33 PM by EPICVIEW »

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 03:09:24 PM »
and WK,
remember he almost died for anorexia..I think after that he formed som sort of agoraphobia, which is odd for a a guy who a rockstar?

I remember on the Freakshow tour he was soooo thin..frail, but he was wild on stage.. they were amazing..

Yeah, I remember everyone thought the band were finished and that Daniel was a mess.  Everyone praised the band when they returned after his illness.

He is a very odd fellow indeed.  I still hope for one more rocking album from him, but I just don't think that's in him anymore.  Interesting to see his next direction musical wise will be.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 03:12:01 PM »
and WK,
remember he almost died for anorexia..I think after that he formed som sort of agoraphobia, which is odd for a a guy who a rockstar?

Yeah, I remember everyone thought the band were finished and that Daniel was a mess.  Everyone praised the band when they returned after his illness.

He is a very odd fellow indeed.  I still hope for one more rocking album from him, but I just don't think that's in him anymore.  Interesting to see his next direction musical wise will be.

I agree... he is such a huge talent..and a very nice guy..humble, polite, and barely 30 in age today...I really like how he writes from the heart with so much pain and emotion
and I agree Paul Mac mellowed him , got him more keyboard oriented for sure...I kinda hope that phase is ending

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 03:17:26 PM »
Silverchair UNTITLED:

what a song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BllWHwgl78M

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 03:19:35 PM »
Silverchair UNTITLED:

what a song..

Not sure if I've heard this one.  I'll listen to it later when I'm not at work.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 03:20:44 PM »
Silverchair UNTITLED:

what a song..

IT CRUSHES..I look forward to your view on it!!!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 02:57:17 AM »
The Dissociatives were amazing, I like their self titled record better than any Silverchair's albums, to be honest. There's just something haunting about the tunes. That's probably the reason I prefer Young modern. But I still like some rockin' songs from the early days.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 04:07:52 AM »
Silverchair UNTITLED:

what a song..

Yeah, I remember this one, this one was played quite a bit at the time, amazing song, this brings back many childhood memories.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 08:22:12 AM »
Silverchair UNTITLED:

what a song..

Yeah, I remember this one, this one was played quite a bit at the time, amazing song, this brings back many childhood memories.

such an eary tune, crushing , the lyrics haunting

Offline faemir

• Official DTF 5.0 mix HATER
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 05:50:20 PM »
good band is good!

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 02:35:24 AM »
I'm surprised a few people know of them.

Offline EPICVIEW

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »
I'm surprised a few people know of them.

me too.. to think by 30 years old, Daniel might be sorta done being a Rockstar, and had a full career.

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 05:27:17 PM »
bump.

New Daniel Johns song "Aerial Love"

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/hear-daniel-johns-super-smooth-new-track-aerial-love/

"The song is taken from a four-song EP of the same name, which is set to drop on 13th March in preparation for Johns’ first-ever solo album".
'Aerial Love', being closer to the sounds of Frank Ocean or James Blake than to anything that Silverchair have ever recorded, "is sure to polarise Johns’ fanbase".
“I try not to look backwards”, Johns has said. “Too many ghosts.”

EP Preorder coming as it says there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTvK5fpbSI
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 05:32:49 PM by SoundscapeMN »

Offline SoundscapeMN

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »
bump.

Daniel Johns has a new band called DREAMS with Luke Steele of the band Empire of the Sun.

A debut album is coming out, but they already released a debut single "No One Defeats Us" which I'm liking in some ways. It's catchy certainly, includes some atmosphere.

It's going to bug me, but the style and vocals specifically reminds me of 1 or 2 bands, but I'm blanking on who.
Capital Cities?

"No One Defeats Us"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF873KDPh54

"Silence" ***video has a disclaimer about seizures***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke45q34ILfE