Author Topic: Motorhead  (Read 9138 times)

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Motorhead
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
Sad to hear....never liked Motorhead but he's still a dead set legend.

Killed By Death.  RIP Lemmy.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline CharlesPL

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2015, 06:41:59 PM »
Not a big fan, but I am glad that I saw him live in 2011 on sonisphere.

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2015, 07:59:16 AM »
Saddens me to see that. You kind of knew it was coming, but I really wanted to believe the man was indestructible.

This.   

I never met the guy, but I swear I saw him at the Rainbow the one time I went there back in '91 or so, but who the fuck knows, you know?   It's like I'm one of the 45,000 that saw the Stones play a 600 seat club in New Haven back at the start of the Steel Wheels tour.  :)

Anyway, this is sad.  The guy looked 70 since he was 40, and I saw them open for Sabbath on consecutive tours in '94 and '95, and he looked 70 then, too.    Gonna put on "Another Perfect Day" (by FAR my favorite Motorhead album; not even close.  "One Track Mind" is epic.).

Ah well.  We move on.  Even though he didn't actually die on stage (which would have been fitting for him) it is kind of rock and roll that he finds out he's got massive cancer and dies two days later.   Can't really picture him in a hospital bed with a johnny on and tubes in his nose.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »
He completed a whole European tour, went home, turned 70, discovered the disease and died. That's as close as it gets to actually die on stage. No offense intended but if it had happened that way, the song should have been Killed by Death, ha.

Anyway, I found the whole "He discovered two days ago he was sick" weird, it reminded me of Freddie Mercury, "I wish to inform that I have AIDS" and then he died the day later... but the comments from his doctor make sense, so after all it may have actually been something discovered at the very last moment.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2015, 12:45:26 PM »
     Gonna put on "Another Perfect Day" (by FAR my favorite Motorhead album; not even close.  "One Track Mind" is epic.). 
I LOVE Another Perfect Day. My vote goes to Shine. I have the King Biscuit CD from that era and it's great.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »
Almost every Motorhead CD is out of stock on Amazon! :metal :metal

Seems they'e sold a shitload since Lemmy's death.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 12:07:02 AM »
Almost every Motorhead CD is out of stock on Amazon! :metal :metal

Seems they'e sold a shitload since Lemmy's death.

It's such a shame that it takes a death for that to happen.

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 01:59:16 AM »
Yeah that is usually the case when a famous musician dies. They get a boost in album sales and climb the charts again.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Nothingface

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »
I still have to pick up Bad Magic. If that counts as posthumous ass-kissing, then so be it.
Condoms? Um, are they like a dream theater souvenir?  Where can I find those condoms? That'd be really nice to havr.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »
I still have to pick up Bad Magic. If that counts as posthumous ass-kissing, then so be it.

It is really great. The album closes with a cover of Sympathy For The Devil, but the last original Motorhead song is a track called When The Sky Comes Looking For You. Quite prophetic..

Offline Train of Naught

• I sympathize, with a cockroach
  • .....and a cockroach
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2016, 04:22:58 AM »

Just found these in my dad's old CD cabinet :metal looks like I've got some catching up to do.
people on this board are actual music fans who developed taste in music and not casual listeners who are following current fashion trends and listening to only current commercial hits.

Offline RodrigoAltaf

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2023, 04:12:09 PM »
I interviewed Mikkey Dee!! We spoke about the new Motorhead reissue (Bad Magic), the touring plans of Scorpions, King Diamond and much more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ILsG4zq3o&t=85s

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2023, 04:21:37 PM »
I interviewed Mikkey Dee!! We spoke about the new Motorhead reissue (Bad Magic), the touring plans of Scorpions, King Diamond and much more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ILsG4zq3o&t=85s

Bad Magic is such a GREAT album!

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2023, 04:26:30 PM »
Yeah I bought the Bad Magic reissue and it’s a fantastic album.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2023, 08:06:39 AM »