Author Topic: ATTN Bass Players!!  (Read 809 times)

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
ATTN Bass Players!!
« on: December 07, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
I just bought a brand new Spector 5 string classic legend bass.  I'm really excited.  I've never owned a bass before but I've been playing guitar for over 10 years.  I have played bass on and off throughout the years borrowing people's basses or whatever, so I'm not a total noob at it.

Basically I want to learn a lotta slap bass for funk.  Really grooving stuff.  Does anyone have any good online lessons, or tips and tricks, tabs of licks that I can learn or whatever.  I want to start practicing technique and I want to make sure I learn it right.  So any advice is also very helpful.  Here is a pic of the bass I got:

If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Algo Fonix

• The Generic Dr. Pepper
  • DT.net Member
  • Pretty tired
Re: ATTN Bass Players!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
I never learned how to do any slap bass... but I just wanted to say that's a sexy bass, and I'm quite jealous.   :)

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: ATTN Bass Players!!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 10:58:15 AM »
thanks man!  Yeah I really like these basses a lot.  My friend had a 4 string version a while back and I remember it being really quality.  I can't wait to rip into it tonight when I get back from work.

I'm hoping playing bass will make me a better guitar player as well by having more understanding of what the bass is doing and the rhythms and whatnot.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?